• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

mantidor

Little Mons†er;234152631 said:
Gretchen really is the queen of gifs

an icon tbh

gretrainha.gif

Gretchen finding international fame fills me with joy.

I saw her in person once while she was doing a show in a small but very popular gay club, I feel she's very self aware of her meme status and fanbase and everyone loves her.

Wait Passion Pit is a fellow gay? Good, he's cute. Speaking of, daddy Sam Sparro makes bomb music and is so hot

sam_sparro_google4.jpg

You didn't know that? He came out a little over a year ago, I believe. He was married and had to come to terms with it, on top of dealing with his depression and mental illness.

Really proud he has been able to overcome a lot of his issues and work toward improving his health. Listen to his new album tho, it's quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZipeKU3JIy8

Alrus

I dropped my phone in the bath. Halp.

giphy.gif

Turn it off (remove the battery if it's a phone that still has that possibility) and put in a bowl of rice or whatever. After at least a day of drying it should be fine.

Dropped my old phone in a bath a few time and it still worked fine afterwards.

Is it god's gift to smartphones known as the Water Proof iPhone 7?

Nah 5s, getting kinda slow these days, but I love the design

omg rip :S

Try putting it into a bowl of rice (why does that even work?)

Turn it off (remove the battery if it's a phone that still has that possibility) and put in a bowl of rice or whatever. After at least a day of drying it should be fine.

Dropped my old phone in a bath a few time and it still worked fine afterwards.

Have already done this, does it really work? Also would putting it in a warm spot help?

Ugh having the worst luck with tech today, my switch completely froze on me earlier

r_189999_Y7dnA.gif

Have already done this, does it really work? Also would putting it in a warm spot help?

Ugh having the worst luck with tech today, my switch completely froze on me earlier

https://img.devrant.io/devrant/rant/r_189999_Y7dnA.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

that gif is missing "thanks obama" cut to

Gibbs

The 5s was amazing. The design was fantastic. I bought an iPhone 5s space grey a few months ago at Wal-Mart($195 through AT&T gophone) and it ran fast and was buttery smooth. I gave it to my mom(she uses facebook and text so its perfect for her) and purchased a second hand iPhone 6 since I'm on budget. When it arrived it was a 64GB instead of the advertised 16GB so I was thrilled.

Hopefully you can get your phone working. Best bet is a put your phone in a bag of rice and let work begin. Wishing you the best!

Honestly you should be really proud of yourself like that is amazing. And no you don't look bad taking care of yourself is always your number 1 priority.

It's a mixed bag of proud and ashamed that I let myself go. Though with everything that was going on mentally, and around me during the time period. It's whatever, but there is still plenty of work to do, and I'll continue to push forth. Definitely, for once I have put myself first, which I never have done. It's always been the world, then me.

You look absolutely incredible and are an inspiration, so well done you.

Just do you, and ignore everyone else. Remember you did this for yourself and no one else's benefit. You should be very, very proud.

Love your username. Does it have any connection to the whole Barry/Jill sandwich?

Thank you though! I originally didn't do this for myself, but now I am. It's more of a "how far can I push myself type deal now.

Rayis

ROFL,, I was having a pretty nice conversation with someone on one of those damn apps and we had shown pics of each other and he said he liked me, then we kept going with our nice talk and then he interjected saying that he thought my hair was too long for his liking, he likes guys with well-groomed short hair and being with guys with longer hair makes him think he is with a woman,

I basically politely told him to fuck off, seriously, what an idiot hung up on a small detail like that, I can always get a fuckin' haircut, he can't fix that shitty attitude.

Love your username. Does it have any connection to the whole Barry/Jill sandwich?

Thank you though! I originally didn't do this for myself, but now I am. It's more of a "how far can I push myself type deal now.

Of course! But only much more appetising.

Well, even if it didn't start out that way, as long as that's the reason you're doing it now. It is important to know when to stop and when it's time to focus on muscle building instead of solely weight loss but you're clearly doing your research and it's paid off brilliantly.

It's a mixed bag of proud and ashamed that I let myself go. Though with everything that was going on mentally, and around me during the time period. It's whatever, but there is still plenty of work to do, and I'll continue to push forth. Definitely, for once I have put myself first, which I never have done. It's always been the world, then me.

You may have been ashamed, but the difference in you today is insane, no need to feel that way now. Not many people would've have taken the change you chose to do. It's easy to gain weight, but easy comes at a price in the future. Remember, this is your life, you control the way you go.

My family has always been harking on how skinny I am. It's not my fault, it's my metabolism keeping me weirdly skinny. It's a blessing and a curse. If I weren't so busy with work, projects, and other things, I would definitely join a gym. I'm planning to once I move out into my own place with friends before 2018 hits.

Gibbs

Of course! But only much more appetising.

Well, even if it didn't start out that way, as long as that's the reason you're doing it now. It is important to know when to stop and when it's time to focus on muscle building instead of solely weight loss but you're clearly doing your research and it's paid off brilliantly.

Oh definitely. I'd crush Chris Redfield any day.... wish he was real :D

To be honest I have literally zero idea what the hell I am doing now. Like when I started, I did it in hopes my ex would find me attractive again(i think this is what I struggle with now and what kills me the most still) and we could somehow fix our broken state but its a long story. Now, I do it for myself, to prove myself that I can be more than I ever thought possible. This is my journey alone.

As for trial and error, when I say I have no idea what I'm doing, thats the absolute truth. I have no clue about weights. There was talks my ex would have visited last summer to teach me somethings at the gym in weights because honestly, I want to be taught the proper way, verses doing it the wrong way and hurting myself badly. I have my brother who goes to the gym once every five months and when he does go, he thinks he is mr bodybuilder 2017.

For now I am strictly doing weightloss, but eventually I am going to dabble and research weights because I do want to aim at other areas, it's just hard when you are trying to educate yourself, and you have no help or perspective. I want to do it right, verses hurting myself or doing actual damage.

ROFL,, I was having a pretty nice conversation with someone on one of those damn apps and we had shown pics of each other and he said he liked me, then we kept going with our nice talk and then he interjected saying that he thought my hair was too long for his liking, he likes guys with well-groomed short hair and being with guys with longer hair makes him think he is with a woman,

I basically politely told him to fuck off, seriously, what an idiot hung up on a small detail like that, I can always get a fuckin' haircut, he can't fix that shitty attitude.

Bolded for truth. Yes, you could get a haircut but thats your choice if you wanted to. He is an asshole, and you can't change being an asshole.

From preference, I like short haired guys, but I will talk and give anyone a chance. Like really, dude is a dick and you deserve better.

That's some amazing progress Gibbs! I can't believe some of your family members were being so unsupportive about it. :/

I finally told my parents that I'm bi. I kept meaning to tell them earlier, but I always kept forgetting or the timing didn't feel right. 😂

As expected, they were supportive of me. I'm not really sure why I made it a bigger deal than it was, but I did. It does little to change my situation, but at least it's out there now.

Proud of you for telling them! HUGS to you! =)

That's the most important thing. However, that's the hardest thing to achieve. It takes serious determination and work, and the worst thing is that there's no universal recipe for that :/

You're absolutely right. I've gone from hating myself, wanting to die, not caring about anything. Now some of those viewpoints have changed, but I'm still not thrilled with myself, but thats a battle. I just hope one day I hope I will be worth someones time because honestly, I don't think I am.

Gibbs

You may have been ashamed, but the difference in you today is insane, no need to feel that way now. Not many people would've have taken the change you chose to do. It's easy to gain weight, but easy comes at a price in the future. Remember, this is your life, you control the way you go.

My family has always been harking on how skinny I am. It's not my fault, it's my metabolism keeping me weirdly skinny. It's a blessing and a curse. If I weren't so busy with work, projects, and other things, I would definitely join a gym. I'm planning to once I move out into my own place with friends before 2018 hits.

I have really bad self image issues, so there are days where I don't see the improvements, but thats the whole coping with being obese compared to losing such an amount of weight. You are right, im in control and I will do whats best for me.

I always hear skinny people saying it can be a curse. From my standpoint, I stare angerly haha. Though you have a busy lifestyle and good genes(metabolism) and such. Wish you the best if and when you join a gym! Its easy for people to harp on someones weight, heavy or skinny, but they don't understand the negative impact it can have,.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Maledict

So Britain's most senior new police officer, Cressida Dick, new head of the Metropolitan police (londons police force) has said in her first interview she's happily in a long term relationship with a woman.

As you can see from the uk politics threads I'm not exactly happy with my country most of the time these days, but at least on the Lgbt front we continue to make progress.

My phone still works yaasss

giphy.gif

The 5s was amazing. The design was fantastic. I bought an iPhone 5s space grey a few months ago at Wal-Mart($195 through AT&T gophone) and it ran fast and was buttery smooth. I gave it to my mom(she uses facebook and text so its perfect for her) and purchased a second hand iPhone 6 since I'm on budget. When it arrived it was a 64GB instead of the advertised 16GB so I was thrilled.

Hopefully you can get your phone working. Best bet is a put your phone in a bag of rice and let work begin. Wishing you the best!

The design really is perfect! I think I'm gonna get the SE when I upgrade. Phuck the 7, who needs a waterproof phone when you have a trusty bowl of rice!

Gibbs

My phone still works yaasss

giphy.gif

The design really is perfect! I think I'm gonna get the SE when I upgrade. Phuck the 7, who needs a waterproof phone when you have a trusty bowl of rice!

Haha that gif. 😂

So happy your phone still works! The SE is a solid choice. I Looked into the SE when I bought my 5s but at the time it was still 400ish off contract and I couldn't justify it . You could always get a waterproof /life proof case also to protect against water.

Rice is always doing the lords work! Bless it! 🙌

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Why didn't you tell me Kitchenmotors that Justice was so good live? Why? :p

lol

Yeah, they're amazing live. It goes off. I've seen them with both Sai and Delio. I haven't caught the latest tour, might see them at Lollapalooza if they're not playing at the same time as Arcade Fire. Boyfriend wants to see Arcade Fire more.

Gibbs

Soooooo I decided to do Outback curbside pickup for dinner. Ordered a crispy buffalo chicken sandwich and onion rings with a coke zero. Got home and it was a standard chicken sandwich. Kinda sad, but eh, I have been sick and have't been to the gym so I take it as a sign but that deliciousness!

Kevyt

Soooooo I decided to do Outback curbside pickup for dinner. Ordered a crispy buffalo chicken sandwich and onion rings with a coke zero. Got home and it was a standard chicken sandwich. Kinda sad, but eh, I have been sick and have't been to the gym so I take it as a sign but that deliciousness!

Outback steakhouse?

KmA

Did y'all see The Normal Heart on HBO?

This movie wrecked me. I remember reading that a lot of white gay activists would systematically deny HIV medical information to black queer people which worsened the spread HIV among the black community. Then suddenly the movie wasn't as touching.

Gibbs

I've been talking to a guy that I have a crush on Facebook. We're discussing failed relationships and it's crazy how similar we are, and he's joking how I am explaining everything he's feeling. Unfortunately he's straight but he's insanely hot.

Anyone want to uhhh help me "pick up" my crush. You may or may not have to help me use force. I'll pay you in food and wine!

Bladenic

I've been talking to a guy that I have a crush on Facebook. We're discussing failed relationships and it's crazy how similar we are, and he's joking how I am explaining everything he's feeling. Unfortunately he's straight but he's insanely hot.

Anyone want to uhhh help me "pick up" my crush. You may or may not have to help me use force. I'll pay you in food and wine!

"he's straight"

Of course

giphy.gif

Prompto

Banned
I found my first forehead wrinkle right above my right eye. How long do I have until I'm basically undateable? Am I already dead?

Top Bottom