• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Does anyone here dislike a common food? My mother hates rotisserie chicken and hot dogs.

Personally, I don't trust people who say they don't like sweets. You can dislike chocolate or hard candy, but not both in my book.

I personally really dislike most meat. I can eat chicken meat sometimes but that's about it.

CDPorkins

Neo Member
Hello! Real life miners, eh?
WEEEELL they lack the pickaxes and penchant for screaming about gold, but they're Miners all the same. Most of them come over from the nearby Coal and Mineral sands mines for lunch or whatever.

Most of them are bogans (Suburban Rednecks) but sometimes the stars aline and in they walk:
Sweaty, Dirty, High-vis shirted Adonis's.

original.gif

Does anyone here dislike a common food? My mother hates rotisserie chicken and hot dogs.

Personally, I don't trust people who say they don't like sweets. You can dislike chocolate or hard candy, but not both in my book.

Beans (baked). Peas (I'm weaning myself off of my dislike of peas, though). Chilli. Chillis. Courgettes. And the most grotesque of them all, sprouts.

Kater

Banned
I like fish. Do you also dislike fish? Wait, why do you dislike most meat? O:
Dunno. I was vegan for a few years, then I ate some meat again but by the time I didn't like it anymore.

No, I never liked fish either. Nor octopi or shrimps or whatever else lurks in the sea. It's tainted flesh anyway, with how much plastic and other trash there is in the seas.

I dislike all seafood. To be fair, I haven't tried several things... it's just the idea of seafood that turns me off for some reason.
Oh gosh, but you're missing out on sushi! I got introduced to it recently (as in, beyond California rolls to actual shashimi.) I don't normally like fish either but sushi can be damn good.

DOWN

Banned
Beans (baked). Peas (I'm weaning myself off of my dislike of peas, though). Chilli. Chillis. Courgettes. And the most grotesque of them all, sprouts.

I dislike all seafood. To be fair, I haven't tried several things... it's just the idea of seafood that turns me off for some reason.

Me too. Texture definitely has a role in what I find appetizing.

Forgot about those. There's very few vegetable dishes I like, especially green vegetables. Don't like Asparagus, peas, etc.

And I also dislike almost any seafood except maybe occasionally Fish & Chips. I hate the tastes of the seasonings and butter they use on shellfish in combination with the texture for sure. It's just not appealing to me.

There's something about the fact that seafood still looks very much like it did when it was part of the live ocean that I think is off-putting too. A filet often oddly still looks like a fish shape where you can tell how big the fish must have been. It doesn't make me uneasy as in I couldn't eat at a table with people who are having it, but I just find it very unappealing.

If salmon or some other fish is served, I'll eat it. It's not a huge deal. But I'm not sure I could handle something like shrimp scampi. That is legit gross seasoning and flavors to me.

Golnei

Not being able to appreciate fish, octopus or olives is an awful curse. I pity all of you.

As far as base ingredients go, the only thing I don't particularly like is cauliflower. I'd be willing to reverse my opinion if presented with a compelling enough case, but nobody seems passionate enough about it to argue at length in its favour.

Not being able to appreciate fish, octopus or olives is an awful curse. I pity all of you.

As far as base ingredients go, the only thing I don't particularly like is cauliflower. I'd be willing to reverse my opinion if presented with a compelling enough case, but nobody seems passionate enough about it to argue at length in its favour.

cauliflower is good. chicken and cauliflower soup thing that my mom made growing up. that or some spicy dish with it. some thai/laos dish. and LOL @ googling cauliflower i get broccoli instead.

Seafood is glorious but I can't stand olives. Octopus stew is so good. I want some now.

^honestly, that looks pretty gross to me. :p

Me too. Texture definitely has a role in what I find appetizing.

Yeah, it's weird how texture can influence what we find appetizing.

Oh gosh, but you're missing out on sushi! I got introduced to it recently (as in, beyond California rolls to actual shashimi.) I don't normally like fish either but sushi can be damn good.

My friend has been trying to get me to try sushi for a while now... might finally gave and give it a shot.

HylianTom

Banned
cauliflower is good. chicken and cauliflower soup thing that my mom made growing up. that or some spicy dish with it. some thai/laos dish. and LOL @ googling cauliflower i get broccoli instead.

Cauliflower.. love it!

And as a bonus - it grows well in cold weather! So when my planting schedule dies down in the Autumn, Cauliflower and broccoli get planted, along with more salad greens. Just when you think your growing schedule is slowing down, more treats are available to enjoy.

Mom makes the very best fried cauliflower, but she doesn't do it often. We had it about two weeks ago - it was Greg's first time - and he finally got why I love cauliflower so much.

I can't wait to have a garden again.. *sigh*

Tried canned beets yesterday. Shockingly good. Idk how it took me this long to discover canned vegetables. So much more convenient than buying fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom