• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
I kinda wish GAF had some cool anonymous ongoing voluntary polls and basic stats so we could see how diverse it is as a whole.

Age, race, location, devices viewing GAF from, registered active users per year/month/week/E3, most popular occupations of active users, school major, etc.

Dany

Banned

iKesHC4BocWmk.gif

Kevyt

Don't know what my ancestry is. Probably native with some African blood and probably a little bit of Spanish from my mom's side.

DOWN

Banned
I'll take the last name of my husband if it's one syllable tbh

One syllable is important to me. I have a list on my phone that's been going for years with one syllable names.

Afro Caribbean from the US here :p. Jamaican and Trini grandparents. Im more of my jamaican side. It's in the family I grew up in mostly. Though I am still fairly removed from the culture on comparison to even my parents lol.
Hmm maybe I'll post a selfie later lol we'll see

Kater

Banned
Afro Caribbean from the US here :p. Jamaican and Trini grandparents. Im more of my jamaican side. It's in the family I grew up in mostly. Though I am still fairly removed from the culture on comparison to even my parents lol.
Hmm maybe I'll post a selfie later lol we'll see
Such a tease. ;3

Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" <3 <3 <3
It's a really great Christmas song. Like, it's the first thing after presents that I associate Christmas with.

Kater

Banned
Thought about posting this in another thread but it probably fits better into here.

Well, I was at my grandparents house and celebrated Christmas Eve with them. Everything nice and cool. Then my cousins came over as well. Still everything cool, we sing and give each other presents. Then after we all had some wine one of my cousins starts talking about a draq queen (Conchita Wurst) and how he doesn't understand her popularity. The other cousin of mine answers "Oh, she should get her, or shall we say it's, head chopped off". I'm sitting there, blank face probably.

Then it got worse when they started to talk about the bad influence of LGBT people on kids and how gay propaganda should be forbidden. Heated debate between me and my three cousins ensues.

I wanted to punch them all in the face. I think I will stop going to my grandparents on Christmas just to avoid meeting those people entirely.

Another thing that I forgot to add to the post was that one of them said that "they" (queer people) will never be equal to "normal" people.

I hope it's okay to post this here, just needed to get it off my chest.

I think I'm around 5&#8217;6&#8221;.

No complaints as I quite like being short for some strange reason.
Short guys are cute too. :3

DOWN

Banned
Thought about posting this in another thread but it probably fits better into here.

Another thing that I forgot to add to the post was that one of them said that "they" (queer people) will never be equal to "normal" people.

:( sorry that happened. Sounds stressful as hell to me. You know better than them. It's a shame some people's ignorance is their vile justification for treating others as lesser.

Hope the rest of your Christmas is nice.

Crayons

Banned

That's really disgusting and I totally know how you felt when you were in the room.

Kater

Banned
:( sorry that happened. Sounds stressful as hell to me. You know better than them. It's a shame some people's ignorance is their vile justification for treating others as lesser.

Hope the rest of your Christmas is nice.
Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, I'm doing fine now. A bit lonely, maybe, but that's about it.

That's really disgusting and I totally know how you felt when you were in the room.
That's sad that you know how it feels. I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone. It's terrible.

Sorry that happened El_Gato. Sometimes cutting ties is the best option.
Oh, I cut ties already, It's just that they always come by around Christmas to meet the whole family at my grandparents home.

My advice is if it really stresses you out, you shouldn't go anymore.
However, I would also say that you could also change their minds if you do keep going. If they continue to believe that hateful crap, that may spread. I don't know, you know your family better than I do but I say keep going and try to change their minds. Even just by being there maybe. It's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom