• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Kids in the Hall was on Netflix and Hulu for the longest time, but I'm guessing not anymore, and is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I looked up to Scott Thompson a lot when I was a younger teen for being an openly gay and extremely funny motherfucker. Strangers with Candy is also incredible and I actually used that show for scene analysis for some of my classes. Both shows were used in a semester-long research project I did, as well.

My other addition would be Mission Hill, an animated show of 20-something apathy and complacence and actual growing-up. Two of the main characters (outside of the 20-somethings) are an elderly gay couple that are portrayed wonderfully and lovingly, I think, and are shown as just a couple in love. The show claims to have the first on-air same-sex male kiss, even if it was animated. (I think that's right or at least what they say. Ellen predates it though in general)

Yes! Mission Hill was really good! I remember it coming on Comedy Central in either the late 90s or early 00s, but couldn't remember the name for some reason.

And I love Strangers With Candy not only for its dirtiness, but its really almost too-clever wordplay and layered themes. I always notice something different every time I rewatch.

on the topic of tea:
I had been drinking entirely too much carbonated syrupy goodness, so last year was my major switch to tea. My go-to store-bought brand is Stash Fusion (Green and White). Very smooth, I'm at the point where I can drink it with little or no sugar at all. (although I'm a sucker for tea with honey. Good for sore throats, too!)
k2-_d61d413a-e095-44c9-89d7-2312210b9237.v1.jpg

Amazon sells loose bags of it in bulk for dirt cheap. My kidneys have thanked me many times over for the big switch, I'm sure.

DOWN

Banned
I'm too lazy to make tea and too in love with Coke to try.

Is TAZO the one owned by Starbucks? I'd imagine Teavana stuff will be replacing that brand...

B-Dex

I'm too lazy to make tea and too in love with Coke to try.

Is TAZO the one owned by Starbucks? I'd imagine Teavana stuff will be replacing that brand...

Too bad Teavana uses artificial and chemical flavours in their tea. But their new peach one is good. :(

Also get an electric kettle! Fill water turn on leave. Return after a few mins pour into cup. Add tea bag. Return after 4-7 mins enjoy. So easy.

Yrael

I do wonder, are hearing parents of deaf children (or hearing children of deaf parents) considered part of the Deaf community if they take the steps to learn sign language and interact with members of the community?

There's an interesting article on Wikipedia about CODAs (children of deaf adults):

A child of deaf adult, often known by the acronym "CODA", is a person who was raised by one or more deaf parents or guardians. Millie Brother coined the term and founded the organization CODA,[1] which serves as a resource and a center of community for children of deaf adults. Many CODAs are bilingual, learning both a spoken and a signed language, and bicultural, identifying with both deaf and hearing cultures. CODAs must navigate the border between the deaf and hearing worlds, serving as liaisons between their deaf parents and the hearing world in which they reside.[2] Ninety percent of children born to deaf adults can hear normally,[3] leading to the occurrence of a significant and widespread community of CODAs around the world. The acronym KODA (Kid of Deaf Adult) is sometimes used to refer to CODAs under the age of 18.

While being a CODA does not necessarily mean the person is fluent in both English and Sign Language, over sixty percent of American CODAs are taught ASL as a first language and become fluent.[21] Because of this many CODAs have the opportunity to become interpreters. They are already equipped with the skills and experience necessary. CODAs also tend to understand the importance of being able to interpret accurately and recognize the potential severity of inaccurate interpretation. CODAs that have been raised dually in both the hearing and Deaf cultures have the experience of understanding the cultural habits of both cultures and can be sensitive to those. The qualifier that makes CODAs so unique and talented in the interpreting field is that CODAs have been "parented" by a Deaf adult. It is very difficult for a hearing (non-deaf) person to be accepted into the Deaf culture. Therefore CODAs have an advantage of being hearing but being accepted into the Deaf community because of their parents. A substantial and intentional relationship is forged amidst the two cultures which is an experience unique to CODAs.[22]

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You could, but that won't help you get any better.

D:

I honestly wish that someone would take that concept and make it more adult.
It could be so much more. Great concept. <3

same like they could add all sorts of graphic sexual situations and shit

The last list are gender / sexuality stuff; the specifically gay stuff should be apparent from the names since it usually has "gay" or "homosexuality" or something in the title.

oic thx mumu

Because I don't want to have sex with more tha n one guy at the same time &#128559;

what the fuck dari

Elitist1945

There was this show called L.A. Complex I watched, and while genuinely funny, I think I only watched it for the gay couple the show had.

HylianTom

Banned
Why did you find it overrated?

It was just.. awkward. I didn't like doing stuff with one guy while another one would just sit there either watching or trying to shoehorn his way into part of the arrangement. I like lots of body-on-body contact and kissing, and having to break things up and divide attention took away from that. And then there's the part of timing when everyone is, umm, ready..

No more detail. I already feel awkward talking about it, when I really shouldn't have any shame. But it only took me one time to conclude that one-on-one is for me. Who knows.. maybe I was doing it wrong? :lol

Kevyt

It was just.. awkward. I didn't like doing stuff with one guy while another one would just sit there either watching or trying to shoehorn his way into part of the arrangement. I like lots of body-on-body contact and kissing, and having to break things up and divide attention took away from that. And then there's the part of timing when everyone is, umm, ready..

No more detail. I already feel awkward talking about it, when I really shouldn't have any shame. But it only took me one time to conclude that one-on-one is for me. Who knows.. maybe I was doing it wrong? :lol

Yeah that doesn't sound fun. My imagination is going wild, but I can imagine why some people don't like it. I don't think one needs to focus on one guy and then go to the next, or someone just staring...
I have seen some creative positions out there that make sure everyone gets some of the action at all times.
Anyways, yeah...

daripad

Doesn't sound satisfying, seems like I'll be staying monogamous :p

Thanks for your opinion Tom, I love your posts :3

DOWN

Banned
How are these not related?

https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/4665f6ea6a24848029980daa1c542495/tumblr_nfmnfg714k1txg5sso1_1280.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/b4438f710928f8b66d305364e8de5b18/tumblr_ndphtgrl3B1txg5sso1_1280.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

[quote="_Isaac, post: 148597757"]I guess we don't even know for sure they're boyfriends. Maybe they're siblings at a twins convention or something.[/QUOTE]

The second pair doesn't look necessarily related, especially with the pose to me, but the first pair look like twins in every way.

_Isaac

Informative advice from Cosmic Bus back in 2012.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38291195&postcount=1028

Soooo... I'm looking to buy some toys. I want to buy a dildo, I have no idea where to start. It will be my first one, I'm a virgin, and I'm pretty tight.

Suggestions? I don't want to put something in my ass that could give me cancer or whatever so keep that in mind. :)

I forgot to reply to this the other day.

This is something where you don't cheap out. Spend the extra money to get a good quality toy made from silicone (or glass or metal, but those aren't nearly as appealing to me personally). When you see a low-priced rubber cock, it's guaranteed to be made from PVC, which has potentially dangerous chemical issues; they're also porous and will collect bacteria even when cleaned. Avoid PVC. Buy silicone toys.

There's no shame in buying something on the smaller side for your first one, but there's a good chance you'll want to upgrade to a bigger one (yet still realistic in size) fairly soon after. :) They're a lot of fun to use and experiment with, and once you figure out what feels particularly good to you, you're gonna blow some huge loads, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom