• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Kammie

Finished episode 3 today. I didn't see ANY of these developments coming.

This game is affecting me in way no other games ever have. Bravo, I'm totally invested.

I'm playing through once and then just sticking to my choices. Eventually when episode 5 is out I'll go back and try to get everything else. I've seen a bit of the dialogue changes and stuff when you select other options, and I feel it ends up diminishing the impact of the game a bit. Same with reading too much of the discussion in here.

Now the long wait for Act 4... :(

Mononoke

Banned
Mission accomplished, then! Already keeping an eye out for your posts, and Daria's posts too!

Your avatar is fuckin incredible too. Did you make it?

Finished episode 3 today. I didn't see ANY of these developments coming.

This game is affecting me in way no other games ever have. Bravo, I'm totally invested.

I'm playing through once and then just sticking to my choices. Eventually when episode 5 is out I'll go back and try to get everything else. I've seen a bit of the dialogue changes and stuff when you select other options, and I feel it ends up diminishing the impact of the game a bit. Same with reading too much of the discussion in here.

Now the long wait for Act 4... :(

I know, right? It's like, there have been bigger budget games that have had technically better writing. But there is something about this game, the world, the characters, and just HOW they set up scenes and moments. I remember playing Remember Me, and being in awe at certain parts, because of how beautiful the world drew me in. I was like wow.

So to see them do this again, and on a lower budget. It's just so amazing the work this team is able to do. There is just so much talent here. The way they set up atmosphere. The camera angles. How sequences are executed that make them so emotionally impacting. I really can't put my finger on WHY this game moves me the way it does. It's just a culmination of various things. But I really am having a hard time waiting for the next Chapter. Waiting for this story, has been the hardest I've ever for most TV shows or games.

There is always this want/push for the industry to become more cinematic. To do what TV/Film does. Often I feel they fail miserably. Not just from a writing perspective, but even on a production side, it always feels off. But this game is hitting everything perfectly. It makes me wonder what their direction/background was before. If they are huge film buffs?

dock

Having a horrible problem with this!

I bought the season pass on my account, but we've been playing exclusively on my gf's account. We reached the end of the first episode, but it says she has to buy the season pass!!

How can I get my PS4 to recognise that I have already bought and downloaded the season pass?

Do I have to buy it a second time? :(

Certinty

I bought the season pass on my account, but we've been playing exclusively on my gf's account. We reached the end of the first episode, but it says she has to buy the season pass!!

How can I get my PS4 to recognise that I have already bought and downloaded the season pass?

No, it will work on all accounts.

Is episode 2 downloaded on your console? Sort of seems like it might not be.

Teppic

You have to go to the PSN store and download each episode from there. If you bought it on your account you'll have to set your account for the PS4 you're playing on as your main console.

dock

Thanks Teppic, that's just it!

No, it will work on all accounts.

Is episode 2 downloaded on your console? Sort of seems like it might not be.
Ahh, thank you so much! I thought it would have downloaded it all in advance. Okay, set episodes 2 & 3 downloading. (We hoped to play this evening, but it's a multi hour download!).

Thanks again, and to anyone else. Going to the PSN game addons found the content.

Yesterday I started watching Twin Peaks because of LiS. For some reason I totally missed out on that series. Im really glad I got introduced to it by LiS because I'm really enjoying it.

Mononoke

Banned
Yesterday I started watching Twin Peaks because of LiS. For some reason I totally missed out on that series. Im really glad I got introduced to it by LiS because I'm really enjoying it.

Holy crap, you've never seen Twin Peaks!?!

I am so envious you get to watch it for the first time. One of my all time favorite shows. The Blu Ray box set is amazing. Warning you now, second season gets weird.

Wonder if Max
is the person who is keeping the red binders that we saw in episodes 1 and 2. Just information of people at where they're at during certain places and times.

I'm pretty sure that the binders at the end
belong to the principal.
. You can see them in the
office
at the end of Ep1 and 2, and again in Ep3 when you're in there with Chloe.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I've yet to watch Twin Peaks, but I do adore the references to it in the game, that I know of like TWNPKS and Fire Walk with Me (which by the
way was crossed out in Two Whales
in Episode 3).

I'm gonna watch it in December in preparation for Season 3 for next year.

Nuke Soda

Safe bet on either July or August, Dontnod has been pretty consistent with the releases. So far no episode 2 of Tales from the Borderlands wait.

Nuke Soda

Sorry for the late replies, I'll update my post in a second with them.

Keep in mind, I made these with a black background. Not sure how they look with the white GAF background.

2Q5wrRa.png

5xQ1MKZ.png

wjpAaO1.png

1uXokTV.png

410wD0L.png
(was thinking of using this one, but do you guys like the one I'm using now better?)

PMTqPTm.png
(a different version of the one I'm using now)

Care if I swipe these to use later?

Hello,
I am collecting community questions for an upcoming Life is Strange live show we are doing with Dontnod Entertainment.
We will be selecting a few questions to be answered by the devs. What would you like to ask about Life is Strange? Post your question below!

Probably won't see these until it is too late but anyway here are some more Qs!

6. Keeping with the theme of "What If", what if Square Enix hadn't agreed to have a female protagonist and you couldn't find anybody else to publish it as it is now (terrible reality I know). Would have you adjusted the story? And if so how would it have changed (I'd imagine it would be substantial).
7. Would you guys consider doing a commentary video on each episode talking more in depth about the thought process behind the different parts of the game?
8. What surprised you in popularity and did you think would be popular and fell flat?
9. Are there any things you wish you did differently?
10. Did you guys know that you are awesome?

Thanks a lot, appreciate the comment. More importantly, thanks for linking info about the live show! Holy crap!, it's being streamed! If one of my questions gets asked on there, I will pass out.

Yup, pretty much would mirror my own reaction.

GUYS, Michelle from Dontnod is in the GT Live stream! http://www.twitch.tv/gametrailers

Aaaaagh, just caught the end of this. Going to have to see the archive.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Elyse from GT: "Michelle admitted that they are scared when developing this game because they're a group of French men trying to capture the spirit of American female students" (that's not a direct quote, but it's what I remember she said about the interview)

I had forgotten that an American author helped them writing the game and making sure it felt American. Hope they never let go of that man. He's awesome.

Hikami

So I got my younger sister to play this game (she finished episode 1), she's not a gamer at all and seemed to really like it.

Though then she told me at the end "How can you like this? It's like a game for girls"
(´・_・`)

--
Anyways, so Episode 4 next month it seems?
Have only played up to Episode 2 since I just decided to wait for all of them to release, getting pretty anxious to just play 3 now though.

Kaizer

Banned
LOL, that's totally the same guy in both of them. I'm watching the Twitch one now, will go back to watch the GameSpot one later.

Danj

LOL, that's totally the same guy in both of them. I'm watching the Twitch one now, will go back to watch the GameSpot one later.

The Twitch one just finished, is there anywhere to watch a recording of the GameSpot one or do we have to wait for them to upload it somewhere?

shit, I missed them. Was there anything major of note discussed like a release date for the next episode? Or was it just kind of casual development questions?

Also, wasnt their other game Vampyr supposed to be at E3? Did that happen?

Mononoke

Banned
Care if I swipe these to use later?

Hey sorry for not replying sooner. Been swept up in all the E3 coverage. But yes, I would love for you guys to use my avatars. I'm going to be making more from Episode 1-2 and of course Episode 4 when it's out. It makes me happy that you guys like them so much, you want to use them. I just ask that you don't use my avatar, as it would be weird with two people having the same one. But the rest are fair game!

So yes, use them! I'll keep posting more later on as well. :D

Wondering the same thing. Nice job!

I'll try to find a new pic so I can make myself a different avatar. I see you love the one that is my current avatar but zoomed out. I feel bad, since you love that one. I'll PM you as soon as I make myself a new avatar. I'm really sorry.

-----------------

Did anyone's question on here get used? I was busy and missed the stream.

Shoot, don't think my question was asked. I'm jelly. People that got their q's read got a special shirt.

Nuke Soda

Hey sorry for not replying sooner. Been swept up in all the E3 coverage. But yes, I would love for you guys to use my avatars. I'm going to be making more from Episode 1-2 and of course Episode 4 when it's out. It makes me happy that you guys like them so much, you want to use them. I just ask that you don't use my avatar, as it would be weird with two people having the same one. But the rest are fair game!

So yes, use them! I'll keep posting more later on as well. :D
Sweet, need all the avs I can get. I tend to change mine a lot. Won't use your av if I change mine though. :)

Mononoke

Banned
Sweet, need all the avs I can get. I tend to change mine a lot. Won't use your av if I change mine though. :)

Someone else actually wanted to use my current avatar (well zoomed out). Now I'm trying to find a new avatar to replace my current one. I feel bad. So far all I could come up with on the fly:

c2FmL6I.png

dUodWJe.png

qeJNzyu.png

I'm so attached to my current one tho. I'm still trying to make more. Hmm.

Nuke Soda

Someone else actually wanted to use my current avatar (well zoomed out). Now I'm trying to find a new avatar to replace my current one. I feel bad. So far all I could come up with on the fly:

c2FmL6I.png

dUodWJe.png

qeJNzyu.png

I'm so attached to my current one tho. I'm still trying to make more. Hmm.

The one you have it pretty great though if you were changing I would go with guitar Max from the last batch.

maxcriden

Spoiling just in case, no actual plot details
Mental illness is explored and the negative effects are not shyed away from.
Violence is shown, and while not graphic, it can be upsetting. There's not a lot of it though.
Characters are threatened and there's discussion of sexual assault, though not in explicit detail.
Lots of swearing, high school levels
No sex so far

Thank you, this is really helpful. Any violence toward animals? 😕

Thank you, this is really helpful. Any violence toward animals? 😕

Well, [minor spoilers from throughout the series]
if you're cruel there is an instance where a dog can get hit by a car but you pretty much have to choose it (overwhelming majority didn't!), also there is an instance where a bird hits a window and dies but you can save it so it survives, but the only thing you can't change is the fact that animals are dying from an unknown cause (doesn't seem manmade but rather a part of the general weirdness that is happening).

Top Bottom