• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Kusagari

I got Wonder Boy.

Makes me feel confident I'll be good on Night Trap as long as I'm locked and ready when it goes up.

Wereroku

For those that didn't get through... I wonder if it's more an internet speed thing (or hardwired vs wireless), rather than a queue setup? I had enough time to go through, and type out a phone number. It was gone in LESS than a minute, I'd say, although it did pop up a little after the hour.

I mean I was in the queue and was given a copy and it sold out while payment was processing I thought they said it reserved a copy while you were in that screen? When does it actually hold your copy?

SMD

Hahahaha they have plenty of stock if you want a bundle of Lawbreakers and Wonder Boy.

What an absolute farce. Are they always like this?

N E R O

If that wasn't quick to you, I pity your missus.

Compared to what i have experienced with Shantae, this is nothing. after purchasing I did couple of refreshes and there was still 18% remaining inventory.

Good Luck in the second round

Karamsoul

Snagged limited editions of Lawbreakers for the PS4. First time buying from LRE. I hope the quality's good!

CE is still available! I think 20% stock left.

I was past the queue for Wonderboy LE and entering CC info and just couldn't do it. Amazing because I am never able to show restraint. I removed it from my cart.

eXistor

Why do they even have that queue thing? I was under the impression that would mean my place in line (as they say) was secured. I was so relieved to see that message only to be greeted with inventory issues during paypal checkout.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I mean I was in the queue and was given a copy and it sold out while payment was processing I thought they said it reserved a copy while you were in that screen? When does it actually hold your copy?

I thought I remember them saying there was a queue but the system changed? I don't think anyone actually gets a copy until the order fully processes.

Het_Nkik

Anyone who didn't get the Wonder Boy CE, try again in the afternoon sale. I missed it for Dariusburst in the morning because it sold out while I was going through checkout, but it was up longer in the afternoon and I was able to get it no problem.

Remember, there's still hope!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You people missing out because of PP is why I just use my CC. I don't have it stored so I Ctrl+V the number.

So I started the process at 10am after a few page refreshes to get the purchase icon to show up. I wait in the queue to head to Paypal and it gets yanked from my cart. Not really sure the point of the queue and such if its NOT to hold the product while you are purchasing as it just seems like a cock tease.

Where I am really concerned and expecting to be really upset is over something that we litigated here in a previous thread and that is the Ys Origin release and the laughably low stock for the LEs for Vita and PS4 (and normal copies as well). Maybe I am wrong, but I think the clamoring for the Ys release was/is much higher than Wonderboy and here we are with most posts complaining on being screwed at check out.

Ok see that is BS. I am not spending $150 for a bundle with a game I have absolutely no interest in just because LRG bet on the wrong horse with Lawbreakers.

Weevilone

Hahahaha they have plenty of stock if you want a bundle of Lawbreakers and Wonder Boy.

What an absolute farce. Are they always like this?

Wow, that's a new low for them. They are forcing people to swallow the unappealing game (that makes no sense as a physical release) if they have to have Wonder Boy.

It's the beginning of the end for me. I skipped out on the Limited Editions for the first time and just got the regular edition.

Also, is Lawbreakers not a part of the series? It doesn't have a # listed in the title.

Kusagari

You people missing out because of PP is why I just use my CC. I don't have it stored so I Ctrl+V the number.

Yeah, I feel like entering your CC is actually much faster than going through an entirely different system like Paypal.

That's what I did and had no problems.

Weevilone

It's the beginning of the end for me. I skipped out on the Limited Editions for the first time and just got the regular edition.

Also, is Lawbreakers not a part of the series? It doesn't have a # listed in the title.

Is is not part of the series. Yeah beginning of the end for me too. It has become something that has lost appeal. I skipped Lawbreakers and the folded poster edition of Wonder Boy as well. I have no affinity for that box and don't care about the junk they packed in.

Wereroku

Just a fyi: the wonder ce and regular is still availible if you take a hit and buy it with the lawbreakers bundles.

I would have rather had the copy that was processing for payment. Man I knew it had gotten bad but this is a bungle. Holding copies hostage behind a shit MP game.

LQX

Was a bit worried as seemingly it did not go live right away or maybe too many already ordered. Cant wait to play Wonderboy.

Got an email from LRG regarding Skullgirls.

We're also getting a super neat Pencil Board as well

Meh, lost all excitement over my two copies of Skullgirls. And kick in the face is I believe I read here that they will also have extras to sell. So we were out our money all this time and others will be able to buy it and have it a few days later.

eXistor

Just a fyi: the wonder ce and regular is still availible if you take a hit and buy it with the lawbreakers bundles.

Fuck that, I don't want Lawbreakers and I'm not throwing away my cash on stuff I don't want. It would also be sending the wrong message.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Well, If I wasn't able to get Wonder Boy in the space of 3 minutes, I guess I'll have to settle with the WB/Lawbreakers bundle. Sigh. If I wasn't able to get it with all the Yanks were at work, I doubt I would have had a better chance with the later batch.

Is is not part of the series. Yeah beginning of the end for me too. It has become something that has lost appeal. I skipped Lawbreakers and the folded poster edition of Wonder Boy as well. I have no affinity for that box and don't care about the junk they packed in.

Hrm, i didn't realize they were selling non series games at the same time as regular series games. They haven't done this in the past. I might have skipped out on Lawbreakers had I realized it wasn't a part of the series. I wonder why they just didn't make it one?

Also, I just saw they added bundles after the sale started. That seems messed up. This should be planned out, not changed on the fly so people can have proper expectations, especially on something that sells out so fast.

Ramune

Ha! Completely forgot about Wonder Boy till now. Sold out just as I thought it would be. Guess I'll try at work during round 2. My phone tends to load Paypal One Touch usually, so here's hoping!

SMD

Not saying you should but if it sells out as fast as it did this afternoon. Your going to pay that much of more just for the CE of Wonder alone on ebay, etc.

No, I'm just not going to buy it. I'm not rewarding them or any scalpers for this. I get that it's limited, that's the whole point, but if you have a queue system that allocates stock, tell me I've got that cart ready and then while I enter my details you take it out and say sorry it's gone WHILE putting together a bundle with a completely unrelated game that suddenly has plenty of stock then I'm going to think it's a crock of shit.

Put me right off their business.

Someone want to explain to me again how they aren't leaving money on the table? Stuff sold out in 2-3 minutes and people are disappointed.

Oh that's right, it isn't acceptable for a business to take any risk, I remember.

Regardless, another frustrating LRG buying experience.

Wow, that's a new low for them. They are forcing people to swallow the unappealing game (that makes no sense as a physical release) if they have to have Winder Boy.

Or is it maybe... "risky business"? Because they could end up not selling as much of those bundles as they have hoped for, lose face because of it, and end up having to split the bundles again in hopes of at least selling out of Wonder Boy?

Also, could it be that you're not ever going to be anything but frustrated with whatever they do? In this case you don't even have to buy from them, as there is an Asian English language alternative.

Another smooth LRG experience. Drink coffee, clench buttcheeks to hold in my morning constitutional, order game (Wonder Boy regular) and get confirmation e-mail, rush to the bathroom. Success!

I was worried about this one, so I'm glad I got it without any issues.

No PayPal hiccups either, as others reported last week (but I didn't experience myself).

Darn, my phone number wasn't filled in to PPal for some reason... I'll have to save for quick copy paste for next week's Night Trap LE! Still, Got!
This happens to me every time I order. Is there a solution? I've resorted to copy-pasting the number.

toneroni

Was annoying that the CE was sold out during the long ass checkout so I said fuggit and decided not to buy the reg version. (i swore I saved my CC info before...)

Wereroku

BTW not sure if it's a known thing, but play-asia has a retail version of Wonder Boy for less money (and unlimited run).

http://www.play-asia.com/wonder-boy-the-dragons-trap-multi-language/13/70b4g3

It doesn't have the same value as a limited run game obviously, but it's still a nicely packed retail version for those that want to have a physical copy.

Might look at this or the asian CE. Hopefully that is just the same as the LRG release. Hopefully these companies keep going behind their backs and remaking the releases abroad. These problems are just shitty. Waiting in line and still not getting your copy is bullshit.

Are we getting a second batch of the CE or is it one and done?

Yeah in the afternoon but who knows how many copies it actually is. They said 3000 total and then put a bunch behind a shit MP game bundle.

Beartruck

Just a reminder: there is a multi language physical version of wonder boy on play asia for almost the exact same price.

Weevilone

Hrm, i didn't realize they were selling non series games at the same time as regular series games. They haven't done this in the past. I might have skipped out on Lawbreakers had I realized it wasn't a part of the series. I wonder why they just didn't make it one?

Also, I just saw they added bundles after the sale started. That seems messed up. This should be planned out, not changed on the fly so people can have proper expectations, especially on something that sells out so fast.

They were getting too much flak from people because their audience doesn't give a shit about Lawbreakers. At least that's my take.

I have the same issue where PayPal wants my phone number added, and it only happens with LRG. I don't get it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Would it make a difference if the bundles went up when things went live for people who did want both? They have sometimes bundled two games together like that.

eXistor

Just a reminder: there is a multi language physical version of wonder boy on play asia for almost the exact same price.

Yeah if I miss out on the CE again later today (most likely), I'll buy the regular version elsewhere just as I did with DariusBurst.

Top Bottom