• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to grab the Wonder Boy CE. I was waiting in the checkout queue for awhile though. I was gettin' nervous, haha

Wereroku

That sucks I had it in my cart and was at the check out screen and it removed it. I thought if I got through the queue I was guaranteed a copy?

Managed to grab the Wonder Boy CE. I was waiting in the checkout queue for awhile though. I was gettin' nervous, haha

Me to and then it removed it after I completed checkout I thought it was guaranteed at that point? What is going on?

Ashler

I don't understand how WonderBoy CE could of sold out while I was already paying via paypal. I thought the queue system prevented that.

:(

ys45

Are you kidding me ? I was on the PayPal payment screen and when I clicked the send payment it said sold-out they don't reserve it while you are on PayPal ?

This is BS -_-

JEKKI

whooo~!!! got my CE! reloaded the page after and it said 82% left, so I got in there good!

reloaded again and it said only 6 copies left lol.

Lucky lucky me!

Hope this is a good sign that Night Trap and Ys special versions will go just as well for me.

Phew, got Wonder Boy! I knew I wanted to get the Limited Edition, but I was still considering the standard edition or not, but I cracked and went for both. Very relieved I managed to get both!

Looking forward to Night Trap next week!

LiK

Wow, it sold out as soon as I refreshed to check main page. Fastest selling title on LGR recently.

Christian

Wow. That was like instantaneous on WonderBoy. I got it in my cart and was checking out, in the queue, and I was processing payment on PayPal, then it said there was an error because the stock was gone. First time that's happened to me. Disappointing.

Got my Wonder Boy LE.

As always to anyone who didn't get one in time, keep refreshing. I once managed to get a LR release some half hour after they first 'sold out'.

Wow. That was like instantaneous on WonderBoy. I got it in my cart and was checking out, in the queue, and I was processing payment on PayPal, then it said there was an error because the stock was gone. First time that's happened to me. Disappointing.

This happened to me as well.

NR1

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

I had both in my cart and I was going through the checkout process and by the time my payment was processing I got a notice that Wonder Boy was sold out!!! This was at 9:02am Central time. That is bull right there.

Skulldead

Same i'm so mad right now...

Edit: no way this is going to be that isnane at second batch ?

Wereroku

Maybe they will answer on this I have never had it pull out of the cart after the queue and while processing payment.

takoyaki

Wanted the Wonderboy LE, was there the moment it went on sale. Got stuck with the "waiting in line" thing for a couple of seconds, did the checkout with Paypal in under a minute and the game was already sold out in under two minutes after going on sale.

Gonna try again tonight, but I'm not super hopeful I'll get one from the second batch.

SMD

First time using LRG, got through the queue and filling out my details. Taking from my cart.

What's the point of this exactly? Just to piss me off and put me off using them again?

My wife got a CE, I hesitated on mine (if we really need 2 copies etc) and it was sold out a second later.

Man I hope her one ended up being correct and everything!

N E R O

Managed to grab Wonder Boy CE edition

I have expected it to sell faster.

Whats up with the Combo Wonder boy + Law breakers ? did the added in the last minute ?

Clive

Damn, missed both. I was waiting "in line" due to high traffic and after I was done with PayPal it said sold out. I'll try again tonight otherwise I will have to settle for the Asian version which I'm honestly fine with.

Ertai

Dammit, missed it as well. As soon as i got out of the queueu it was gone. Hopefully the 2nd wave ill have move luck...

I timed myself with a stopwatch and it took me 25.4 seconds for me to reach the PayPal payment screen with the Wonder Boy CE in my cart only for it to be removed from my cart just before sending payment. Bullshit indeed.

Managed to get the simple edition of Wonder Boy (didn't want to spend so much money on this game, besides I prefer to have all my games on the same size).

Really happy, this is my second LR game (first one was Dear Esther, still sealed).

They should improve their system though, whilst I was lucky enough to order one on time, both of them were sold out in like one minute. Proper queuing is necessary.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Phew, managed to snag a CE. I went as quickly as I possibly could, no hiccups thankfully. Can't believe my order went through.

Apparently there will be a second batch for those who missed out!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
For those that didn't get through... I wonder if it's more an internet speed thing (or hardwired vs wireless), rather than a queue setup? I had enough time to go through, and type out a phone number, and even after that it said there was 93% left at the time. It was gone in LESS than a minute, I'd say, although it did pop up a little after the hour.

Occam

As I keep saying, the system is terribad. But hey, why change it when we salivate over each new release like a Pavlovian dog.

Weevilone

Someone want to explain to me again how they aren't leaving money on the table? Stuff sold out in 2-3 minutes and people are disappointed.

Oh that's right, it isn't acceptable for a business to take any risk, I remember.

Regardless, another frustrating LRG buying experience.

Top Bottom