• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Borman

Still waiting on my Volume game that I ordered with Skullgirls. Saw a post that said they would include it with a later order if asked in a ticket, so I did, and they forgot. So they said it would be in my Bards order, and it wasn't in there. Still waiting for a response in my ticket :( Should have just left things be

mr lurtle

Just received my combined order with 21 games. Feels good even though the shipping took so long I have another 10 games on hold in the meantime :p

Edit: didn't get any loyalty tickets :(

Samuray

Just received my combined order with 21 games. Feels good even though the shipping took so long I have another 10 games on hold in the meantime :p

Edit: didn't get any loyalty tickets :(

Oh...what? Is that supposed to be like that? Cuz I have a growing hold box myself and if I don't get any tickets for those games, I can basically throw away the few I have so far.

(no, not really, of course...but still o_O)

Semoreh

Oh...what? Is that supposed to be like that? Cuz I have a growing hold box myself and if I don't get any tickets for those games, I can basically throw away the few I have so far.

(no, not really, of course...but still o_O)

So far I've got matching tickets for my big held orders. There must have been a problem in this case.

I just realized I didn't get any slipcover for the PS4 Broken Age release (it's got the same number on the spine as Flinthook). You all got one ?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Deciding whether to go with Paypal or Amazon tomorrow... I'm just fearing the Paypal glitch that some got, as I prefer to go through Paypal...

Wait, so does it still matter if we mail them or not? An electronic checklist to keep track of how many we have is so much better.

Yes, we don't have the infrastructure to track every customer yet but if a few miss out on their tickets we can keep track.

I'd prefer it to be digital but we will have to figure that out when we do a store-wide revamp.

Thank you LRG for including iCal in the email! As someone who doesn't use any google products, it's nice to be included when a lot of people don't care about Apple.

hawk2025

Ghost Blade HD from PA arrived and it's an amazing package as usual -- soundtrack, stickers, reversible cover, full-color manual!

Realy looking forward to seeing what LRG does with their version! I heard a Collector's Edition is likely?

Weevilone

Yes, we don't have the infrastructure to track every customer yet but if a few miss out on their tickets we can keep track.

I'd prefer it to be digital but we will have to figure that out when we do a store-wide revamp.

So is there a FAQ on how we do this? Right now it seems pretty hokey, and like has been said .. it has a high percentage chance of being pretty bad.

Desty86

Neo Member
Does anyone know whether Bard's gold and Rive already been shipped? Since June no order has been shipped. Maybe I just need more patience...

Like Phantom Breakers.
Yes, yes!

Am I the only one confused as to why LiLi is getting a Limited Edition release in addition to the standard? Is it super popular and I somehow missed it? I remember playing it years ago on iOS when the App Store was full of potential and thinking it was... alright.
I would speculate that Lili: Child of Geos receiving the red carpet treatment is a result of LRG wanting to support local talent. The developer, Bit Monster Games, resides in Raleigh, NC. It's arguably the same case with LawBreakers as Boss Key Productions is also stationed in the same town. However, I would guess that locking ties with game designer Cliff Bleszinski, best known for his work on Jazz Jackrabbit, Unreal Tournament, and the Gears of War franchises, was the leading factor for collaboration amidst discussions of preserving a predominately online-fused game on disc.

I just realized I didn't get any slipcover for the PS4 Broken Age release (it's got the same number on the spine as Flinthook). You all got one ?
I can confirm that I obtained one with my PS4 version. It's possible that you could submit a customer support ticket requesting one to be included with a future order unless LRG suggests otherwise in regard to their availability.

Ghost Blade HD from PA arrived and it's an amazing package as usual -- soundtrack, stickers, reversible cover, full-color manual!

Realy looking forward to seeing what LRG does with their version! I heard a Collector's Edition is likely?
When Play-Asia announced their limited version, I think LRG presented an ultimatum with Eastasiasoft to either allow their run to be a collector's edition or risk having the contract canceled all together. It was later clarified they were going to proceed with a smaller quantity and a "much better" edition of their release despite claims that it had been canned. As someone that purchased the Chinese version, I'll iterate on the quality being pretty nice with a sturdy box and plenty of goodies. I wish the stickers had been bundled inside the package, but I'm aware they was simply offered as a sudden gift for customers. I'll probably still gun for the LRG version once it happens although it'll be interesting to see whether there's any competitive pricing or notable difference between the two physical pressings of the title.

Desty86 said:
Does anyone know whether Bard's gold and Rive already been shipped? Since June no order has been shipped. Maybe I just need more patience...
All orders for Bard's Gold and Rive shipped about two weeks ago. If you don't hear anything within the coming week, I'd recommend opening a customer support ticket.

Reading the last few replies in this thread - is it possible to create a support ticket to ask them to put my copy of Volume in my hold shipping order then get the whole thing shipped out?

Olengie

Got an email from LRG regarding Skullgirls.
Production Update!
We wanted to give everyone a production update on our Skullgirls physical release for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. It's been a bumpy ride getting here, but the finish line is finally in sight!

If you weren't already familiar with the situation, Lab Zero Games has been toiling away on patching out all the remaining bugs in the game so that this physical release would be a definitive and archivable piece. It took a lot longer to get to that point than any of us expected, but the final patch has been completed and we're now in the final steps for this!

PlayStation 4:

The PlayStation 4 version has begun manufacturing. Sony is currently in peak season so manufacturing is taking much longer than it usually does. Basically, Sony is busy cranking out all the high-volume AAA fall releases so capacity at the factory is impacted. Due to this, we don't expect to have the final Skullgirls package in-hand until the third or fourth week of September.

Once the game is in-hand, shipping will begin immediately. Anyone who purchased a PlayStation 4 and Vita combo pack will have their PlayStation 4 copy sent out first unless the Vita version passes certification quick enough to arrive from the factory in September.

PlayStation Vita:

The PlayStation Vita build of Skullgirls is currently being tested for certification by Sony. The game needed to be rebuilt from the ground up in order to include the Japanese VO and latest patches on the cartridge. This is a much more involved process than what is required on PlayStation 4. Right now, a release date for the Vita version hinges on the build passing certification. We don't expect this to take much longer, but the process involves testing many components of the game and its Vita functionality. It's possible that the current build could pass or that several iterations may need to be made.

Thank you for your patience regarding this release. We are nearly at the end! Between the beautiful slipcover, reversible cover art, the 56-page manual, and the patch-free builds - this will definitely have been worth the wait.

We're also getting a super neat Pencil Board as well

Semoreh

I can confirm that I obtained one with my PS4 version. It's possible that you could submit a customer support ticket requesting one to be included with a future order unless LRG suggests otherwise in regard to their availability.

Thanks for your take on this, I'll probably try the customer support system then :)

And there were two other mails, about Jotun and Neurovoider. They'll apparently start shipping on August 11th !
Time to release the held orders :D

i-Jest

Got an email from LRG regarding Skullgirls.

We're also getting a super neat Pencil Board as well

Yeah, I got this email too. I hope all goes well with both versions, especially Vita. I know many were at the zenith of their patience but it looks like we're seeing the end now.

gunstarhero

How's the game? I'm a big fan of the genre, but I wasn't in love with the videos and reviews I saw when this first got released on Dreamcast.

i-Jest

Will SG make it out before the one year anniversary of when preorders started?

I don't think we got a solid date yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a time frame to rap things up and be done with it. I think we can expect any additional details within the next couple weeks. What say you LRG?

Semoreh

I don't think we got a solid date yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a time frame to rap things up and be done with it. I think we can expect any additional details within the next couple weeks. What say you LRG?

Didn't their mail, shared by Olengie, explain it all ?

i-Jest

Didn't their mail, shared by Olengie, explain it all ?

I don't think I was clear, that's what happens when I reply to things 10 minutes after waking up. We don't have a release date for Vita but LRG is aiming for late September PS4 release. The time frame for the Vita release depends on if the submitted build passes certification right? The email was an optimistic one overall, so I thought that maybe they already had thoughts on when the Vita version could be released, assuming things stay on schedule and it passes certification. My hope is we get more news on that front within the next couple weeks.

Does that make sense?

Olengie

I don't think I was clear, that's what happens when I reply to things 10 minutes after waking up. We don't have a release date for Vita but LRG is aiming for late September PS4 release. The time frame for the Vita release depends on if the submitted build passes certification right? The email was an optimistic one overall, so I thought that maybe they already had thoughts on when the Vita version could be released, assuming things stay on schedule and it passes certification. My hope is we get more news on that front within the next couple weeks.

Does that make sense?

If Skullgirls Vita manages to pass cerification quick, it could possibly make the Late September release. Big IF though

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It was a rhetorical question to point out how long it's been. ;)

Sylwest

Does anyone know if the physical Wonder Boy soundtrack is exclusive to LRG's CE? I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Jimm

Lili is up on the store.
The spine art for the standard edition is hideous. I want the game but I'll have to look at a random arm and hip on the spine for the rest of my life haha

Jamix012

How's the game? I'm a big fan of the genre, but I wasn't in love with the videos and reviews I saw when this first got released on Dreamcast.

Simple but kind of fun. My big complaint from the hour I spent with it was that sometimes the bullets would drown out with the background and medals.

Semoreh

Lili is up on the store.
The spine art for the standard edition is hideous. I want the game but I'll have to look at a random arm and hip on the spine for the rest of my life haha

The limited one isn't better in this regard ^^

I didn't even get a single server hiccup when buying Wonder Boy, that's surprising

Edit: And inventory for standard edition runs out only 2 and a half minutes in

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Darn, my phone number wasn't filled in to PPal for some reason... I'll have to save for quick copy paste for next week's Night Trap LE! Still, Got!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Snagged a Wonder Boy CE.

I don't think I'm going to bother with Lawbreakers.

Top Bottom