• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Comparing EastAsia/Play-Asia & LRG package? East Asia/Play-Asia wins hands down ...for $35 you get audio CD/nice packaging/game ...but LRG has more titles out ...and were probably paying for that doing business American markup

Occam

jesus
I'm assuming a model of just taking as many orders as are received within a day or so wouldn't work?

Of course that would work, and it would make all collectors happy and the complaints would cease. But then there'd probably be no scalpers, and they wouldn't sell 5,000 copies in 2 minutes. Can't have that.

BBboy20

Of course that would work, and it would make all collectors happy. But then there'd probably be no scalpers, and they wouldn't sell 5000 copies in 2 minutes. Can't have that.
Are they still a small outfit? Because I would imagine they don't have the size and capital to pull that off.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Of course that would work, and it would make all collectors happy and the complaints would cease. But then there'd probably be no scalpers, and they wouldn't sell 5,000 copies in 2 minutes. Can't have that.

...they have the product on hand in many cases, and have previously explained why it couldn't work for them.

Another case of "here's an easy solution!" When it really isn't.

Occam

Are they still a small outfit? Because I would imagine they don't have the size and capital to pull that off.

I understand why they couldn't do it in the beginning, but they've been selling games for almost two years now. At some point they should have enough captial.

Occam

We hired people, we have 3 full-time support staff, 4 full-time shippers, and 1 CFO now.

But Josh and I are still very hands on with everything.

Then please find a way to allow your fans to buy your games without having to place an order and pay for it within a minute every week or two while praying it actually goes through in time.

BBboy20

Then please find a way to allow your fans to order your games without having to place an order and pay for it within a minute every week or two while praying it actually goes through in time.
Why didn't you just say that from the beginning?

Wereroku

...they have the product on hand in many cases, and have previously explained why it couldn't work for them.

Another case of "here's an easy solution!" When it really isn't.

I mean lately they haven't had them on hand and they handled it so it doesn't seem to be a big problem anymore.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I mean lately they haven't had them on hand and they handled it so it doesn't seem to be a big problem anymore.

Depends on the title, but it wouldn't make sense to only do it for certain titles. They might've already put their order to manufacture ahead of time, which could create supply chain issues. (Supply chain can be A LOT more complicated than it seems. Trust me.)

Wereroku

Depends on the title, but it wouldn't make sense to only do it for certain title. They might've already put their order in however, which could create supply chain issues. (Supply chain can be A LOT more complicated than it seems. Trust me.)

Oh I am sure. I was just replying to you saying that they gave reasons before about how they don't want to take orders unless they have the product on hand. Was just pointing out they seem to not care about that anymore.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I am sure. I was just replying to you saying that they gave reasons before about how they don't want to take orders unless they have the product on hand. Was just pointing out they seem to not care about that anymore.

They stated that some orders were held back due to Sony side of stuff. Not because they chose to and "not care anymore". They might have had things ready to go and manufacture, but something came up before they could print.

(LRG, comment? I know I'm not being super clear here on details...)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
We hired people, we have 3 full-time support staff, 4 full-time shippers, and 1 CFO now.

But Josh and I are still very hands on with everything.

Is it not possible for the store to reserve the copies in checkout and time the transaction?

I was checking out WondervBoy which was gone by the end of the transaction. Seems crazy to me. It's basically a lotto.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, about that Night Trap CE... can someone predict how much shipping will be to the EU?

Semoreh

Take into account that if they sell less copies, it's also less money for the developers.
Also, "scalpers bla bla" =)

Wereroku

Is it not possible for the store to reserve the copies in checkout and time the transaction?

I was checking out WondervBoy which was gone by the end of the transaction. Seems crazy to me. It's basically a lotto.
That's on Shopify lrg don't run their own shopping platform.

as someone who caught it here earlier, agreed

this is exactly what happened to my slow friends earlier

Same for me apparently the queue for Shopify is more of a website can't handle the load thing. It's a first come first serve right up until you finalize the checkout screen.

blazeuk

It used to work with the basket being saved for 10 minutes but Shopify updated their store which changed it. It was frustrating for many people the other way too, the current setup ends up being whoever checks out first gets the item, before it threw stock back into the pot 10 minutes later at random which meant people who missed out 10 minutes earlier suddenly saw people arriving late managing to place an order.

With the way LRG operate it's always going to result in people being left frustrated, they're simply getting too many people attempting to make orders at the same time and not enough stock to allow for it. Personally I've had less problems with the updated shopify than how it used to work but obviously that's not the case for everyone.

NDPsycho

as someone who caught it here earlier, agreed

But it's ok to come into a thread that has sealed collectors in it and throw shade at them because you didn't get what you wanted?

I think it sucks that you didn't get what you were after. I hope you're able to in this next round, but to imply that your wants are more valid than someone else is kind of silly.

IrishNinja

But it's ok to come into a thread that has sealed collectors in it and throw shade at them because you didn't get what you wanted?

I think it sucks that you didn't get what you were after. I hope you're able to in this next round, but to imply that your wants are more valid than someone else is kind of silly.

yes
like what you like, but sealed games create an existential crisis for me: they're meant to be played
feel the same way about CGC comics...its your stuff, but as someone who loves playing this game, i'm momentarily allowed to take a quick dump on that, sure

lol, checked out and got my email receipt before i even got the email saying they were back on sale.

edit: I also still find it very strange that they are selling and people are buying a limited physical run of an online game that will never be complete and eventually die.

eXistor

Christ almighty, I got one. It's already sold out, I feel lucky.

Back to bed...fucking videogames...

/edit: noticed shipping costs went up, which is weird. from 15 to 22

Grabbed Wonder Boy. Was holding out for a Switch version at some point, but I'm a-okay with grabbing it for PS4. Only my second LRG purchase after Flinthook and I've really been looking forward to playing the game, so I'm excited!

Edit - Hoooly CRAP it's at 2% already. WOW at that thirst.

IrishNinja

Christ almighty, I got one. It's already sold out, I feel lucky.

Back to bed...fucking videogames...

you mean the LE yeah? regular one's still there, fortunately

Glad you got one, they still went crazy fast.

thanks man, i wanted the regular one though - just needed to see that SMS box & manual, haha. props to you guys who went in for the LE though

*edit holy shit shut my mouth, regular one's gone too! damnnnnnn

Got the standard edition of Wonder Boy, and by the time I managed to load its store page again it had sold out. Not even three minutes!

Wereroku

Yeah they definitely under produced this run. Hopefully they take that into account for Ys and CSH. I know they have set a number on Ys but hopefully they will reevaluate their numbers a bit.

Top Bottom