• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

EmiPrime

I checked out before the notification email even arrived but apparently 1 minute after they go up (the time it took to authenticate with Paypal) is too late. Sod this for a game of soldiers, I am done with LRG.

Damn, holy crap.

Lucky, I'm just plain lucky.

I got a standard edition of Wonder Boy, and by the time I finished the order the main page said it was sold out. Criminy. I feel a little guilty about this now.

IrishNinja

holy balls the regular one's gone too? hot damn that was fast, ya'll weren't kidding

i almost missed out editing paypal crap, geez

bubumiao

Anyone know how much Night Trap for PS4 standard edition will be? I thought I saw $15 somewhere a while ago, but I can't remember if that was for digital or not.

eXistor

As an LE and Amiibo collector... this is the story of my life :/
I feel your pain, so many cool stuff coming out and companies make is as difficult as they can for people to actually buy them (not a LRG knock in case people think it is).

BBboy20

It would have to be agreed though that they shouldn't do a double take if they have a highly wanted product next time.

Clive

Got hit by some PayPal error telling me I had been inactive for a while and couldn't get rid of it in any way. Missed out on everything. Oh well, the Asian edition is the same game which is the most important thing to me. I can live without manual, fancy boxes and soundtracks. Not too upset.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I feel your pain, so many cool stuff coming out and companies make is as difficult as they can for people to actually buy them (not a LRG knock in case people think it is).

Nintendo is still the worst culprit. I've been VERY lucky in my LE adventures, but I am still pissed at my BotW Master Edition getting cancelled on Amazon (poor decision on my part, I cancelled my Best Buy copy after I got it on Amazon...)

Ventara

Was looking at Lawbreakers and saw this.

Please note that due to the digital codes included (which will be sent via email) - we can not provide any refunds on this item after the codes have been sent.

Does LRG provide refunds now?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Ummm you may want to contact them. They might cancel your entire order you are only allowed to get one copy of either the LE or standard.

It kinda happened by accident too.

I was in the queue for 1 standard and 1 LE and worried it would sell out like the first batch, so in another tab went to try buy 1 standard and a message came up with an "Oops, you've tried to add too many".

So I thought, fine, hopefully my initial order goes through then.

So my first order went through and I see 2 standard copies in there!

Wereroku

should i be worried there's no email yet

It kinda happened by accident too.

I was in the queue for 1 standard and 1 LE and worried it would sell out like the first batch, so in another tab went to try buy 1 standard and a message came up with an "Oops, you've tried to add too many".

So I thought, fine, hopefully my initial order goes through then.

So my first order went through and I see 2 standard copies in there!

You should contact them anyway. I think they might cancel one anyway I think it is 1 period. One LE or one Standard.

Gaardus

Phew, Wonder Boy sold out fast, even with an Asian English version readily available (for less). Limited Run's version has the better box art, though. :3

Olengie

I miss the old part where they used to hold your fking order while you checkout. None of the buttons worked.

Well fk this. Play Asia Wonder Boy it is then

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Got a standard Wonder Boy this morning and a CE just now. Support is usually pretty good about combining orders right? I mean it shouldn't be a hassle or anything?

Thank you all for the tips, earlier GAF, but even with being logged into LRG, PayPal, and having my number under copy and paste...

I still missed it. I don't understand how it is taken out of my cart AFTER I confirmed by PayPal? I lost my spot because I wasn't fast enough with my phone number?

Either way, I thank you friends for the help. We tried, at least.

For reference, the asian LE looks like this:

0e82PE7.jpg

- 33 BGM OST CD

- Sega master system style double cover

- 78cm X 30cm Desk mat

~43$

Wait? Is that the same as this:

https://www.play-asia.com/wonder-boy-the-dragons-trap-multi-language/13/70b4g3

It's the only wonder boy for PS4 I see under play asia

Wereroku

Got a standard Wonder Boy this morning and a CE just now. Support is usually pretty good about combining orders right? I mean it shouldn't be a hassle or anything?

Am I wrong I thought one order per customer applied to CE and standard. I thought you could only have one or the other not both. Did they change this?

Thank you all for the tips, earlier GAF, but even with being logged into LRG, PayPal, and having my number under copy and paste...

I still missed it. I don't understand how it is taken out of my cart AFTER I confirmed by PayPal? I lost my spot because I wasn't fast enough with my phone number?

Either way, I thank you friends for the help. We tried, at least.

Wait? Is that the same as this:

https://www.play-asia.com/wonder-boy-the-dragons-trap-multi-language/13/70b4g3

It's the only wonder boy for PS4 I see under play asia

Korean LE also sold out it looks like. Do a reverse image search and you can find some links.

zeopower6

Holy crap. I got a 2nd batch Wonder Boy standard and then a minute later it was sold out. Demand is HIGH for this.

Am I wrong I thought one order per customer applied to CE and standard. I thought you could only have one or the other not both. Did they change this?

Korean LE also sold out it looks like. Do a reverse image search and you can find some links.

I think from wording it's one per customer for each item. So you could get one of the CE and one Standard if you wanted, but you'd have to be fast.

We're combing through orders to cancel parts of orders that broke limits. We'll list all the reclaimed copies tomorrow.
Expect ~ 100 - 200 copies of Wonder Boy to go up tomorrow

Looks like there is still a chance.

Lawbreakers Standard and CE still sitting easy and available. If this was normal I wouldn't think much, but given this is one of the first times they've offered a game bundle, well

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
wow I missed out on both batches of Wonder Boy trying to buy them immediately and having signed into to both paypal and LRG; guess I'll be paying scalper prices.

zeopower6

Lawbreakers Standard and CE still sitting easy and available. If this was normal I wouldn't think much, but given this is one of the first times they've offered a game bundle, well

Their tweet:
The bundles were put together so that our long-time complete collectors had an option to snag the game at MSRP versus paying resellers.

Night Trap is gonna be crazy.

Glad to hear some of you guys fared better this batch.

If you didn't score one, maybe consider the Asian version sooner rather than later. As I said earlier, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to fall back on that version. If there are no plans to continue printing it, it might be difficult to obtain soon.

zeopower6

I saw the tweet, but why not offer these any other time. Why now? Given that it's Doug and Josh it was probably just the wrong call at the wrong time, but man it's just a bad look

Probably they had the idea that Wonder Boy was gonna be a prime target for scalpers.

IrishNinja

really am bummed about all the folks here that missed that tiny window, silver liming being: how great does lizardcube have to feel right now?

they took an all-time SMS classic - beloved by some, but so many metroidvania fans never got to experience, because me and like a few dozen kids stateside had an SMS when our parents didn't know the difference - and absolutely raised the bar on remakes here. everything looked & sounded amazing/stayed spiritually true, and you could swap for OG (and FM!) music or graphics on the fly.

2017 has been an amazing year for gaming & this is still near the top of my list, can't wait to see what lizardcube does next

PadPoet

505 Games Ltd
Maybe I'm getting old but can't find another LE besides LRG for Wonder Boy anywhere on the interwebz. Searched google, play-asia, nothing. Would appreciate it if someone gave out some links to the other LEs that exist for Wonder Boy besides the one from LRG.

PS: Good luck everyone with Night Trap :p

Top Bottom