• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

I just watched a Collector's Edition listing on Ebay get listed, and then sell out within ten minutes of the original listing going live on LRG. The Ebay merchant was only $10 over retail and had a bunch of positive feedback for selling LRG products. (Of course he did.) He had two copies of the Collector's Edition for sale. Two. The Mickey Mouse bullshit LRG is doing like forcing bundles, changing page locations, etc. is not stopping scalpers. It's only making people who only want give them money have a bad time.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So if that same shit happens again in 7 hours I should keep refreshing the 404 page?

LiK

I feel like anything related to classic SEGA games is selling out fast. Maybe they should up their quantities another extra 1000 for future titles.

I bet LR can make a lot more money if they start taking preorders for games in order to gauge true interest. I am sure they are blown away by Night Trap sells. I am sure they would love to have 10,000 copies rather than 3,000.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I bet LR can make a lot more money if they start taking preorders for games in order to gauge true interest. I am sure they are blown away by Night Trap sells. I am sure they would love to have 10,000 copies rather than 3,000.

I feel like we should get a FAQ added to the OP, since we get this question all the time.

They said they tried that with Skull Girls and the results weren't as they hoped. So they might come back to it in the future. Whenever that is.

I often do this and just alternate pages with refreshes.

Well there is a another attempt later on. It's just annoying that the page you were watching, where it should be, disappears. Thanks anyway. I never had to rush on LRG since they Drive Drive Drive I have just bought. But launch day/time is nuts.

Man, I'm really getting antsy about the Ys Origins release 2 weeks from now. It could be another 2 minute sell-out window like this and last week, and I'll be trying to buy it while on holiday with crappy internet.

Ya, I'm really worried about Ys Origin. I think that's going to go even faster than Night Trap as it'll be in more demand.

For the LRG regular buyers, do you guys actually play the games or keep them in their packaging? Just curious is all.

Keep them in their packaging. If I want to play the game, I'll just get a copy off PSN.

Jamix012

Still haven't missed a single LRG =)

Have at least one copy of each PS4 version of multiplat games or PS4 exclusive game (aside from Lawbreakers) and every game that was Vita exclusive. Not silver case PC though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
For the LRG regular buyers, do you guys actually play the games or keep them in their packaging? Just curious is all.

I always open and use my stuff, rip the CD, etc. I'm not in the mindframe of buying an LE with goodies, just to keep it sealed forever, and only ever be able to view the exterior box, with the goodies never to be seen, regardless of what they are.

SpotAnime

Holy crap, was able to score both the standard and CE PS4 versions. When I noticed the CE page wasn't listed I did a quick search and it came up but was 404 until just after the sale went live. I had separate browser tabs open for each (standard, CE and the album) and I just did separate orders for each - when I completed checkout for the standard I jumped over and refreshed the CE page, completed that and jumped over to the album page and checked out there. I have to email LRG to see if they can combine each order so I don't get hit with separate shipping costs for each. The MLiG guys are selling the blu-ray for their Patreons (of which I'm one) so I'll just get that there.

Oh and I learned my lesson from last week - don't use a phone for this, do it on desktop. And Lastpass for form fills is your friend.

A good start to the weekend. :)

blazeuk

So if that same shit happens again in 7 hours I should keep refreshing the 404 page?

The 404 page has always been fine once they actually make the games live on their system, I don't think they've ever changed the url so refreshing should work fine (it did this time). You'll want to have another tab open of the main page just in case though.

Kanashimi

Well, the idea of the whole service is to do Limited Editions.

But they should increase pressing sizes for sure.

I mean, I thought the service was to provide indie devs a chance to have physical copies of their games and collector's to have it on their shelf. I'm not familiar with their previous releases though so what do I know. lol

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
IMO 8000 copies between standard / CE is not enough for Night Trap. It is to date their highest profile release, regardless of whether you feel it is a good game or not. Should have been 8000 copies each -- at LEAST!

Best of luck to those who are trying for the 6PM batch. Please try to get one through LRG before you consider dealing with eBay scalpers.

SafariMobile/PayPal One Touch hasn't let me down yet, though to be honest, I think I would've been okay if I didn't get this one. Ys Origin, on the other hand....

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Do tell?

If Night Trap had actual real Pre-orders, they would have understand the true demand for the game.

This is just business 101.

As a business person myself, they have made many explanations with why they can't, and I trust people that run a business of UNDER 10 people that they understand their own risks a bit better.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
From what I gathered, open up a few tabs including the main page. Don't focus on the broken one.

The 404 page has always been fine once they actually make the games live on their system, I don't think they've ever changed the url so refreshing should work fine (it did this time). You'll want to have another tab open of the main page just in case though.
Got it. Man, it'll go live at midnight. I'm gonna need a drink after all that tab juggling.

LRG shouldn't even have a Games page if they're not going to put the fucking games on it.

The LRG Defense Force will be here momentarily to explain to you why your opinion is bad and to tell you the 9000 steps "everybody" takes in order to get the game. They will also tell you this went smoothly and that people are overreacting to this morning's LRG page change. I feel you man.

ranmafan

Nobody going for the Blu-ray? I thought that was more interesting than the CE. Grabbed that and the 2 standard editions.

Really considered it considering how much I love the game and all, but since the documentary is on youtube to watch, I think Ill pass. Getting the CE cost a lot so it would be hard for me to buy the bluray as well right now. But at least the content is available to see.

Still can't believe I got the CE. Was so worried I wouldn't get it considering how many people wanted it, but thankfully I didn't have the problems others did and was fast enough. Easily the game I wanted the most ever from LRG. Almost got stuck with the phone number bit. Glad it all worked out in the end. Bummer for everyone that missed out. I hope y'all can get it in the second batch. I wish there were more available for everyone that wants one.

Wereroku

They said they tried that with Skull Girls and the results weren't as they hoped. So they might come back to it in the future. Whenever that is.

Yes because doing a preorder on a game that isn't even finalized for release is the best way to test out a preorder system. Not by using a game that is ready to be submitted for manufacturing. I mean honestly skullgirls only did a preorder because Lab Zero didn't want to do a limited release even with LRG pressuring them to.

Nobody going for the Blu-ray? I thought that was more interesting than the CE. Grabbed that and the 2 standard editions.
I wanted too and was worried I'd miss it. So glad that snagging it wasn't an isssue.
Yeah, you're supposed to be logged in before it goes live while refreshing the product page as the countdown reaches zero and then you gotta be fast.

This. Every time.

Also pre-load your signed-in cart with any add-ons like shipping boxes and/or card protectors.

And there is no reason to navigate to the "games" page on a release day. All new releases will be listed on their home page.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The LRG Defense Force will be here momentarily to explain to you why your opinion is bad and to tell you the 9000 steps "everybody" takes in order to get the game. They will also tell you this went smoothly and that people are overreacting to this morning's LRG page change. I feel you man.

The LRG Hate Force can also be annoying, though.

The games page is NOT a good idea, and I wish that the site was setup a little better. They have a sol-out page, but a separate "coming soon" instead of "games" would work better, and the main page ONLY display games coming out that week/batch would be perfect.

Tapejara

Depends. I've started keeping the majority of my unplayed games sealed whether they're LRG or not. Then I either open them up when I want to play them or I double dip on a digital copy if there's a decent Steam/PSN sale prior to playing. Nice to have physical copies as back ups in any case.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Remember when Night Trap was a failed KS project that only got 600-something people to contribute? Good times.

Yes because doing a preorder on a game that isn't even finalized for release is the best way to test out a preorder system. Not by using a game that is ready to be submitted for manufacturing. I mean honestly skullgirls only did a preorder because Lab Zero didn't want to do a limited release even with LRG pressuring them to.

This.

I am not sure what happen to Skullgirls. But NightTrap preorders would have been amazing no doubt.

Not saying it was a good idea. That was just their excuse.

They should still try again with different orders.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone who got a CE and is in Europe, how much was shipping?

Carnby

I noticed the Night Trap CE page is gone... will there be another chance at 6 PM?

LRG shouldn't even have a Games page if they're not going to put the fucking games on it.

Edit: are you kidding me? is this why I thought the page disappeared. What kind of bush league store are they running?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I wanted too and was worried I'd miss it. So glad that snagging it wasn't an isssue.

This. Every time.

Also pre-load your signed-in cart with any add-ons like shipping boxes and/or card protectors.

And there is no reason to navigate to the "games" page on a release day. All new releases will be listed on their home page.

HOW WOULD I KNOW THAT

GAMES SHOULD MEAN GAMES

I guess you were right.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
hey silly question

what exactly is included in the Night Trap CE?

It's not explained on the product page, or in the emails LRG has sent out regarding the release.

Safe assumption that it does not include the Blu-ray?

Top Bottom