• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

PSFan

I wanted too and was worried I'd miss it. So glad that snagging it wasn't an isssue.

This. Every time.

Also pre-load your signed-in cart with any add-ons like shipping boxes and/or card protectors.

And there is no reason to navigate to the "games" page on a release day. All new releases will be listed on their home page.

Nope. I was logged in watching the timer count down for 20 minutes before it went live. It sold out while I was in the checkout process. So fuck that defense.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
hey silly question

what exactly is included in the Night Trap CE?

It's not explained on the product page, or in the emails LRG has sent out regarding the release.

Safe assumption that it does not include the Blu-ray?

It's on the product page

Region free Night Trap physical disc for the PlayStation 4 featuring a full-color manual, large fold-out poster, and reversible cover art.
Night Trap cassette tape featuring the infamous Night Trap theme song.
A 4-inch custom embroidered Special Control Attack Team patch on black ballistic fiber.
An individually numbered shrink-wrapped box specially tooled and tailored to be a throwback to the original red box Sega CD release of Night Trap.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
For the LRG regular buyers, do you guys actually play the games or keep them in their packaging? Just curious is all.

I play them and I will be opening the shit out of my Night Trap CE.

It's on the product page

Region free Night Trap physical disc for the PlayStation 4 featuring a full-color manual, large fold-out poster, and reversible cover art.
Night Trap cassette tape featuring the infamous Night Trap theme song.
A 4-inch custom embroidered Special Control Attack Team patch on black ballistic fiber.
An individually numbered shrink-wrapped box specially tooled and tailored to be a throwback to the original red box Sega CD release of Night Trap.

Guess I missed it, thank you!

The LRG Hate Force can also be annoying, though.

The games page is NOT a good idea, and I wish that the site was setup a little better. They have a sol-out page, but a separate "coming soon" instead of "games" would work better, and the main page ONLY display games coming out that week/batch would be perfect.

I have ten of these things. I'm hardly the LRG Hate Force. I am a card carrying member of the LRG Disappointment Squad man. Disappointment Squad is different than Hate Force! Admittedly Defense Force, Hate Force, Disappointment Squad and Shameless Profiteers should all get t-shirts. It would make us easier to identify and they probably wouldn't sell out in 14 seconds.

hey silly question

what exactly is included in the Night Trap CE?

It's not explained on the product page, or in the emails LRG has sent out regarding the release.

Safe assumption that it does not include the Blu-ray?
Cassette, 4 inch patch and the box. Not much really.

Balb

Ended up with a regular copy of Night Trap because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get a CE. I'll try to get the CE during the second batch but I'm happy with just the regular version..

Wereroku

Not saying it was a good idea. That was just their excuse.

They should still try again with different orders.

Yeah sorry didn't mean to make it seem like I was mocking you. More just amazed that they would try it once on a game because they were basically forced by the dev to and then using that as a justification even though something like that wouldn't happen with another game because they could just wait until it was completely approved and ready for a manufacturing order to be placed.

Anyway for the people that missed these I wouldn't be surprised if the Night Trap folks do another run with someone else. Clearly there is demand beyond just LRG collectors.

I wanted too and was worried I'd miss it. So glad that snagging it wasn't an isssue.

This. Every time.

Also pre-load your signed-in cart with any add-ons like shipping boxes and/or card protectors.

And there is no reason to navigate to the "games" page on a release day. All new releases will be listed on their home page.

Not trying to be a dick but for all the other releases they've included them under the games tab. Why change it now?

They say to try and use Amazon, but I've never tried it. Not sure how many steps are in the process either. I think just sign in, pick card, and you're done?

Amazon is terrible for speed unless every other way is worse. There were at least 3 pages to load and click through.

For the LRG regular buyers, do you guys actually play the games or keep them in their packaging? Just curious is all.

I buy most of the games they do digitally and if I really like the game, I'll buy the physical edition to have on the shelf. For a while, I was buying every Vita game, but stopped. The only one I've opened is Astebreed because the disc was rattling around inside.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon is terrible for speed unless every other way is worse. There were at least 3 pages to load and click through.

Sounds about the same with Paypal.

*Loading screen*
(Sign in screen if not pre-loaded)
*Which account/card would you like?*
*Please re-enter your phone number*
*Is this correct? Please confirm*

MrFortyFive

Prior to Wonderboy and Night Trap, I had only bought a few, but I have and do intend to play everything I've bought. I don't have any desire to buy things only to have them sit on a shelf. To each their own, but I have no doubt that even open and played, these games should at the very least maintain enough value to cover what I paid for them if I ever decide to sell.

Even if they don't, I get enjoyment out of it. No loss there.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah sorry didn't mean to make it seem like I was mocking you. More just amazed that they would try it once on a game because they were basically forced by the dev to and then using that as a justification even though something like that wouldn't happen with another game because they could just wait until it was completely approved and ready for a manufacturing order to be placed.
What's the turnaround time from LRG placing an order for the quantity they want to them actually getting the copies?

Sounds about the same with Paypal.

*Loading screen*
(Sign in screen if not pre-loaded)
*Which account/card would you like?*
*Please re-enter your phone number*
*Is this correct? Please confirm*

Nah, Amazon isn't that bad. Amazon is just put in your password and then go through to select address, shipping, and payment like a normal order. The only gotcha is you have to go through that normally and then when you get to payment, you select Amazon and then you have to repeat the first two steps that you already went through.

hawk2025

Got 'emmmm

Placed two orders to be safe, one with the CE + Vinyl + BD, one with Bunker and PC Version.

Does anyone know if the CE includes the blue PS4 box inside it? Or is it packaged differently inside?

LiK

Will they automatically just combine orders? My order from last week has not shipped.

No, they don't combine any orders. Not even 2 separate orders from the orders you made the same day. They don't have a way to do it right now.

I play them. I'll never understand the "keep it sealed" mentality. But hey, no judgment here - different strokes for different folks and all that - I just don't get it personally.

I also only buy the games I want. I was late to the LRG party, so no hope of me having a complete collection anyway - and I wouldn't have gone down that road regardless.

PayPal is about the same as far as number of pages to click through. The only "speed" issue I ever have is when I get that "waiting in line" screen - and also when I have to input my phone number every single time. (Please fix this, LRG!)

Always play them. Never understood the 'keep it sealed' mentality.

I think it's partly to do with a perspective thing...ever since I was diagnosed with cancer I reigned in the limited collecting I was doing because I had the not-so-unique epiphany that, what's the point of spending your loose change amassing mountains of plastic to just gather dust.

It's a nerds Schrodinger's Cat. Or the great 'Stinky Pete's Dilemma' (circa Toy Story II). I stick to picking up what I want to play/support (Dragon Trap III was the first game I ever played for example so I knew I wanted a copy of the new CE).

Wereroku

What's the turnaround time from LRG placing an order for the quantity they want to them actually getting the copies?

Apparently it varies since lately they have been having to hold orders because Sony's factories are backed up. At first they would only sale games when they were in their office but apparently they decided not to worry about that anymore.

hawk2025

It's random, and you won't know till you open to see if you got the blue box, or the rare yellow variant.

Right right, but I mean, it includes the PS4-style box inside the Red CE box, yeah? It's not a jewel case or something different?

I ask because I would like to remove it from the CE box, keep the CE box elsewhere, and add the PS4 box to my LRG library :)

Alternatively, I can try to get a Regular Edition this afternoon.

I open and play them all, found lots of gems by buying LRG releases.

LQX

Yep, the CE order page disappeared right before it was time to go up but this has happened previously so I knew to just refresh. Thing is it never showed up again on the main page.

No, they don't combine any orders. Not even 2 separate orders from the orders you made the same day. They don't have a way to do it right now.

Well that sucks as it would save both me and LRG money and time. Thanks for the replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Right right, but I mean, it includes the PS4-style box inside the Red CE box, yeah? It's not a jewel case or something different?

I ask because I would like to remove it from the CE box, keep the CE box elsewhere, and add the PS4 box to my LRG library :)

Alternatively, I can try to get a Regular Edition this afternoon.

Yeah it's going to be the same thing as the standard copies inside.

I buy most of the games they do digitally and if I really like the game, I'll buy the physical edition to have on the shelf. For a while, I was buying every Vita game, but stopped. The only one I've opened is Astebreed because the disc was rattling around inside.

This used to annoy the hell out of me when I wanted to keep a game sealed until I came across this video on LR's website.

joe2187

Banned
I think Im fucking done with this company.

I've been a eager LRG supporter from Day 1, always wake up early to grab the 7 AM orders and always wait for the timer to end and get my order, but now every game since mid june/july has been missed. I cant order while Im at work when the second batch hits and I've always just gotten the first batch.

This new system they have seems to encourage only scalpers and get the games out as fast as possible.

This latest stunt with the CE's not appearing until some random ass time after the timer stopped was my last straw....fucking christ this is some ridiculous garbage.

PSFan

PayPal is about the same as far as number of pages to click through. The only "speed" issue I ever have is when I get that "waiting in line" screen - and also when I have to input my phone number every single time.

Yeah for me too. Paypal wasn't an issue speedwise. Again, don't see why they have you 'wait in line' yet still a product is able to be removed while you are checking out.

That sounds like the equivalent of standing in the checkout line at Walmart with a Switch in your cart and someone just comes along and takes it out of there and pays for it at a different line. Online retailers should give you a one minute window or something before an item can be removed from your cart.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Geeze rough stuff on Twitter... as usual, more pissed people and LRG had to step away for a few hours. How stressful stuff must be as things are now :/

I enjoy how people are mocking them as "running away from customers". What should they do, just "get back here and listen to us yell at you some more!" At the end of the day, they get it, and can only take so much pissed off Internet people yelling at them. Who wants to be a punching bag?

Things will definitely need to evolve over time, yes, but it's a slow growth to this infant company, that has already exploded in just over a year's time. And... there are a lot of internet people that don't know how business are run and assume A LOT of things. That bugs me. Do they need to try and make changes to keep up with the insane demand? Absolutely. But it takes time, and these games still need to release...

Wereroku

I think Im fucking done with this company.

I've been a eager LRG supporter from Day 1, always wake up early to grab the 7 AM orders and always wait for the timer to end and get my order, but now every game since mid june/july has been missed. I cant order while Im at work when the second batch hits and I've always just gotten the first batch.

This new system they have seems to encourage only scalpers and get the games out as fast as possible.

This latest stunt with the CE's not appearing until some random ass time after the timer stopped was my last straw....fucking christ this is some ridiculous garbage.

Apparently that had to do with people already having the item in the cart before they opened orders. They really just need to get a new shopping platform a lot of their issues seemed based around Shopify.

That would be fantastic, my blood pressure just went down a few ticks, thanks. ;)

And obviously, the vinyl won't ship in a bubble wrap, so I think I'm good now.

Checked their twitter to make sure here is the link. Link

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah for me too. Paypal wasn't an issue speedwise. Again, don't see why they have you 'wait in line' yet still a product is able to be removed while you are checking out.

That sounds like the equivalent of standing in the checkout line at Walmart with a Switch in your cart and someone just comes along and takes it out of there and pays for it at a different line. Online retailers should give you a one minute window or something before an item can be removed from your cart.

Yeah, I understand that they don't want people adding something to cart and then sitting on it for hours or days, but they could at least give people a five-minute window once it's in their cart to check out before removing it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently that had to do with people already having the item in the cart before they opened orders. They really just need to get a new shopping platform a lot of their issues seemed based around Shopify.

I think that we can ALL agree that Shopify just plain sucks.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness

You won't be hearing from the collectors that keep their stuff sealed for resale value.

Sell right away for profit = scalper
Sell three years from now for profit = collector

Wereroku

Yeah, I understand that they don't want people adding something to cart and then sitting on it for hours or days, but they could at least give people a five-minute window once it's in their cart to check out before removing it.

To be fair that wasn't a LRG decision that was Shopify decision.

Got the reg because the website didn't show the LE :/
When is the second batch coming?

6pm EDT.

joe2187

Banned

I dont keep any of my games shrink wrapped, Not even for any collectors or LE's

I play them, all of them and I've got a ton of rare games that people think should be still in the wrapping. I've got them all my Vita or PS4 ready to go at any time as well. I play them all when I can.

But I've already missed out on the last six vita games and last four PS4 games that I've been actually wanting because of this terrible "waiting in checkout" system.

Every fucking release because when I click buy after the timer hits 0, im in a checkout only for the loading screen to tell me that the game is already fucking gone.

jason00

Neo Member

Something I have started doing with games and blu-rays discs is keeping them sealed until I am about to play/watch them.

I never buy anything with the intent to sell it, but if a year goes by and I decide that I am not going to play that copy of Diablo III I bought after all, well... sealed gets me more money if I end up selling it.

hawk2025

Geeze rough stuff on Twitter... as usual, more pissed people and LRG had to step away for a few hours. How stressful stuff must be as things are now :/

I enjoy how people are mocking them as "running away from customers". What should they do, just "get back here and listen to us yell at you some more!" At the end of the day, they get it, and can only take so much pissed off Internet people yelling at them. Who wants to be a punching bag?

Things will definitely need to evolve over time, yes, but it's a slow growth to this infant company, that has already exploded in just over a year's time. And... there are a lot of internet people that don't know how business are run and assume A LOT of things. That bugs me. Do they need to try and make changes to keep up with the insane demand? Absolutely. But it takes time, and these games still need to release...

We keep hearing changes aren't made because some customers would be unhappy.

What do we have now, if not masses of unhappy customers...?

By the way, I think you should drop the Appeals to Accomplishment. It's a cookie-cutter logical fallacy, and you don't need it. Address the points if you'd like, not "They run a business and you don't".

That said, no one deserves the abuse LRG are getting just for not releasing games exactly the way they like. On one hand, you have mega-fans that just want the games, and become rabid when they can't get it. On the other, you have scalpers whose literal livelihoods depend on keeping everything scarce and chaotic.

Anyways, it's the last I'll address of this today, lest I get shouted down once again by half the thread.

Top Bottom