• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Baliis

Bought the normal PS4 edition with no issues. I almost didn't, but I've had a weird interest in Night Trap for a while now so I figured I shouldn't pass up the chance.

Semoreh

GOT IT (standard edition) :D :D :D
And the Bunker as well.
The feels ! :D

The queue was super long and I was really afraid I could have bugged but it didn't \o/

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the second batch is a little easier, due to less traffic/competition. I'm guessing a lot of people don't even know about it, or just don't want to deal with it (and go to eBay instead).

PayPal decided it'd be a good idea to log me out just as I got into checkout! :D I missed my chance for the CE, and then I missed my chance for the regular. I'm fucking pissed goodbye

Stiler

Seriously, how did they sell out so fast? Literally 1 second , hit f5, added to cart and straight to paypal and it said sold out.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I got fucked over again. Camped the product page, hit add to cart, hit Paypal, it put me in the Paypal queue, then I got this:

IqMUpx1.jpg

But I'm logged into Paypal over in a different tab. I'm not logged out of it at all. I'm not even using Chrome, I'm using Firefox. How does this happen? What was I supposed to do to buy this fucking game?

I feel like the second batch is a little easier, due to less traffic/competition. I'm guessing a lot of people don't even know about it, or just don't want to deal with it (and go to eBay instead).

It usually is but this actually sold out faster than this morning.

I got fucked over again. Camped the product page, hit add to cart, hit Paypal, it put me in the Paypal queue, then I got this:

IqMUpx1.jpg

But I'm logged into Paypal over in a different tab. I'm not logged out of it at all. I'm not even using Chrome, I'm using Firefox. How does this happen? What was I supposed to do to buy this fucking game?

Not use PayPal. Seriously. Every time I see someone missing out on a hard to get item, not just at LRG, it's always cuz of PayPal.

hayejin

Bless the person who said earlier to copy & paste your phone number if doing paypal check out.

Got both CE and Standard Edition!!

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Bah! I accidentally added 2 collector's editions to my cart, so I jumped out of line and removed one of them and jumped back in the checkout queue, but by the time I was able to pay for it it was sold out.

Semoreh

Night Trap standard edition was sold out at 00:01 for me, so that's not very much "easier" ^^

eXistor

That goddamn que had me locked up for a full minute and by the time I got past it was sold out. Tried the regular version, clicked "pay"and nope, fuck you. I really hate this.

Seik

Banned
Missed it when finishing my paypal transaction.

Fuck this, that was less than 2 minutes, after getting my copy of Skullgirls, that is if I ever end up getting it, I'm out of the LRG gimmick.

This is fucking ridiculous, I had it in my cart and got refused after choosing my paypal delivery address.

IqMUpx1.jpg

Yep, got this bullshit, too. :'I fuck paypal seriously

LRG's web store is so bush league.

I am done with LRG. No more exceptions.

Yeah, I don't get it.

I got a Credit Card error when I used Paypal. Even though I literally used PayPal for everything. (I think the game was sold out and that's prob why I got the error)

Missed it when finishing my paypal transaction.

Fuck this, that was less than 2 minutes, after getting my copy of Skullgirls, that is if I ever end up getting it, I'm out of the LRG gimmick.

This is fucking ridiculous, I had it in my cart and got refused after choosing my paypal delivery address.

This sounds the same as me...

When Limited Run games started up I was really interested in the whole thing, it's a great idea for those rare or indie games that never get a chance to go retail.

However every time I see this thread or similar appear it's filled with scalper issues, lack of stock, unable to order messages, and it's always been the same thing.

A real turn off and why I gave up thinking about buying momodora 4 when it gets its turn to be sold, because i'll never manage to get one most likely.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Night Trap standard edition was sold out at 00:01 for me, so that's not very much "easier" ^^

Wow yeah this was... a different case.

For Paypal, I wonder why it has weird errors? Could it be some cookie issue or something? Only some seem to get it.

I really hate the term "leaving money on the table" because it's usually really over used without understanding why things are the way they are, but in this case, it's definitely leaving money on the table. Selling out in 3 min this morning, and then in less than 2 min in the second batch is GROSSLY misjudging how many copies should be manufactured.

Lettuce

Bless the person who said earlier to copy & paste your phone number if doing paypal check out.

Got both CE and Standard Edition!!

Guess you didn't read their message

"WARNING: This item is now limited to ONE per customer. Any attempt to circumvent this limit may result in a canceled order. If you ordered two before the limit changed, your order is safe."

or though i guess it is technically 2 different items!??

PayPal decided it'd be a good idea to log me out just as I got into checkout! :D I missed my chance for the CE, and then I missed my chance for the regular. I'm fucking pissed goodbye

What.

The.

Fuck?!

The same thing happened to me! I rushed home from work, was logged into LRG and re-logged onto paypal on a different tab.

At 5PM, I refreshed the page for the LE, finding no link. Then back to the main page and double clicked the link, as the new page gave me an "Add to Cart"

Paypal starts to load on, when I am greeted with an error. It says that my account was inactive and had to go back to the retailer's page. What the fuck?

I swear, this shit shouldn't be a trial to order. It's video games, not fucking Ticketmaster!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Man I feel everyone who didn't get it, I was pissed after the first batch. So sorry guys :/
This was my first LRG purchase and I can't say it was an enjoyable experience.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
It usually is but this actually sold out faster than this morning.

Not use PayPal. Seriously. Every time I see someone missing out on a hard to get item, not just at LRG, it's always cuz of PayPal.

but I thought paypal was supposed to be the faster, more foolproof way to get these games

so what the fuck?

Semoreh

Guess you didn't read their message

"WARNING: This item is now limited to ONE per customer. Any attempt to circumvent this limit may result in a canceled order. If you ordered two before the limit changed, your order is safe."

or though i guess it is technically 2 different items!??

CE and standard editions are indeed two different items.

but I thought paypal was supposed to be the faster, more foolproof way to get these games

so what the fuck?

What the fuck indeed. It was over almost immediately. I had a browser hiccup and had to refresh briefly, then to checkout and then *poof* it was sold out. Thirst is definitely real but man am I bummed I missed out twice on this.

Definitely looking forward to taking next week off. I know LRG signs these contracts months in advance but I hope they're taking a really good look at these past two weeks and figuring out how to improve their service to make it a tad less stressful.

Got it on my phone at work!

That was stressful, I logged in to both LRG and Paypal and kept refreshing to make sure I stayed logged in.

Was going so fast I accidentally shipped it to myself instead of the hold service. Ah well, N++ next week should hopefully give me a bit more time to plan out.

so what the fuck?

PayPal just adds another layer of complexity into the equation. It's just one more thing that can go wrong. So it could be faster, but it's also more prone to screwing up too.

Top Bottom