• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Orders of Ys are showing remaining inventory. Is this them measuring how many of the copies they've already ordered that have been shifted?

(In which case, it's nearly already sold out what they'd previous allocated?)

LiK

Opening the 24 hour preorders for standard was the way to go. I think they should do this from now on for the more anticipated titles.

chemgear

Neo Member
PS4 more popular than Vita - CE's at 2% and 12%

EDIT - 6 minutes for first batch of CE to clear. Seems like plenty of time?

NolbertoS

4 minutes so far, and only 2 are sold out, friday bundle. I think this is amazing step for LGR this release

Yeah , I wonder how the pre-order compared to first cone first serve method, differs. By now it would've been sold out if the old way of sellling was working.

It will take 5 minutes to sell out (for both of them, that's 6000 CEs). Man people really thinkl those should sell out in seconds? :p

I was expecting people were going to use there bots to order unless LRG disables bots on there websites?

dgco86

Oh my god the queue was so much longer than usual. I was almost sure I'd miss out but thankfully I managed to get everything I wanted.

THE-JUV

both CEs going longer than I thought maybe I should have got both but I feared it would be soldout if I tried that so just settled for Vita, darn oh wells...

Wow, I was hit by Paypal errors for the first time ever, and I ended up needing to enter my credit card, so I was sure I'd lost it, but somehow I managed to get one!

Shit I fucked up... I wanted the bundle Ys collector and Asdivine Hearts but it wasnt available for pre order at 4pm so I took the Ys collector alone, then the bundle was up so I took that and I thought I had cancelled my standalone Ys collector... It wasn't until checkout that I realized my mistake... I coundl't back down since it probably would have been too late to order them anymore.

I opened a ticket for LRG support so they can cancel the Ys collector. Shit I feel so dumb right now, they probably going to cancel all my order because they'll mistake me as a scalper :/

Conezays

Got the Ys CE for PS4. Like others, I was impressed it was still up for a few minutes, haha. Not Limited Run, but also have Ys Books I & 2 en route for PC Engine so am fairly excited for both.

Semoreh

It will take 5 minutes to sell out (for both of them, that's 6000 CEs). Man people really thinkl those should sell out in seconds? :p

I'm not saying it should, but people certainly expected to see it fly as fast as Night Trap and Wonder Boy which were OOS in 2 minutes top. These games were simply crazy.
Thus the Ys hype was maybe a bit overinflated.

hawk2025

Seems like the possibility of the open pre-order window eased up pressure on the CE just enough to make it a more pleasant experience.

Good, good. And the standards are selling fast, too, assuming that those % were based on the original intended run.

chemgear

Neo Member
Shit I fucked up... I wanted the bundle Ys collector and Asdivine Hearts but it wasnt available for pre order at 4pm so I took the Ys collector alone, then the bundle was up so I took that and I thought I had cancelled my standalone Ys collector... It wasn't until checkout that I realized my mistake... I coundl't back down since it probably would have been too late to order them anymore.

I opened a ticket for LRG support so they can cancel the Ys collector. Shit I feel so dumb right now, they probably going to cancel all my order because they'll mistake me as a scalper :/

Is the standalone "technically" a separate item versus the bundle even if both have the CE? Either way, I'm sure they would appreciate the message to clarify.

Christian

Don't know how I got this without a hiccup, but I got through the Monster World checkout process faster, and I missed out. Oh, well. As much as I love the Monster Boy games, I'm a bigger Ys fan. Super happy I got it. Thanks, LRG!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not saying it should, but people certainly expected to see it fly as fast as Night Trap and Wonder Boy which were OOS in 2 minutes top. These games were simply crazy.
Thus the Ys hype was maybe a bit overinflated.

Well, there was a combined 6,000 LEs this time.

PS Vita version got bugs and is not the patched version on cartridge? :(

They said they would've had to rebuild the WHOLE game to put the patch on the cart.

EuroGAF that has bought from LRG, do you usually get hit by customs? I have 2 orders coming, one is already in the UK and it says that it has cleared customs but I don't know if when it arrives in my country (Portugal) it will get stuck in customs again. If that usually happens, I might as well get Ys Origin from PA rather than LRG because taxes would be lower...

hawk2025

Don't know how I got this without a hiccup, but I got through the Monster World checkout process faster, and I missed out. Oh, well. As much as I love the Monster Boy games, I'm a bigger Ys fan. Super happy I got it. Thanks, LRG!

More CEs available across two consoles, AND the possiblity of just leisurely ordering just the game for people that don't want to deal.

Win, win.

I encountered a problem with Amazon payments for the first time. There was an error saying the payments were being throttled or something like that and it couldn't continue. It gave me a heart attack that I might miss out, but I couldn't get around it and had to just input my CC info.

UCBooties

Got the bundle into my cart but when I tried to go through Amazon pay my browser throttled and kicked me back to my cart. At which point I got the "some items in your carts are sold out" message.

Fortunately I was able to get both items into my cart separately and check out, but it was disappointing that I couldn't get the bundle.

Tense couple minutes though.

Weevilone

I wish there was a way around the Vita cart patch issue. I don't consider releases like this to be of much value for that reason. To me there is little significant difference between this and the digital copy.

I have to say, I do hope the 24 hr thing takes off. Putting it up 1m before the other games was fantastic to stop me worrying; meant I could focus on the rush for the other game.

Lower end of the sales expectation is a good start, hopefully it keeps going.

Hooray got the Vita CE! No thanks to that stupid "hey dont refresh or you lose your place message." I remember losing out on everything last time so I did refresh and it went right to the "choose your shipping page."

Kaibutsu

Wow, I'm super surprised that was up as long as it was. Ever other LR game I've purchased literally sold out in seconds. This one I bought the LE for Y's PS4 because I didn't notice the bundle and I went back as saw that everything was still available like a minute later.

So, question - if I have my hold shipping order shipped now, it won't actually go out until like late September once they get in the copies of Ys Origin on Vita, right?

Semoreh

Well, there was a combined 6,000 LEs this time.

Still, not the bloodbath some expected. But that's good, I guess ^^

EuroGAF that has bought from LRG, do you usually get hit by customs? I have 2 orders coming, one is already in the UK and it says that it has cleared customs but I don't know if when it arrives in my country (Portugal) it will get stuck in customs again. If that usually happens, I might as well get Ys Origin from PA rather than LRG because taxes would be lower...

France here. Never ever had to pay custom fees. The system works like a charm

They've hit their low end expectation for Ys as the standard editions have sold just over 4000 combined.

Really ? Cool ! I didn't catch that on Twitter.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's nice to log in at 10:30 and add Ys to my cart and check out without any anxiety. I didn't care about the CE for this.

Shizuka

Just missed the first batch, but I'll be there for the second one to grab Asdivine Hearts.

Also, just an update from my held order, they just shipped it this week, saying the shipping label got corrupted... Meaning that not only did they not ship my games early last month, but I could've gotten the other games I've ordered after to be shipped with them. Not only that, but the list they sent me is missing Dariusburst, despite having an order for the game and listing the order number on the message I sent to get the held games shipped. Why did shipping and handling took a turn for the worse after improving so much over the last year?

hawk2025

Just missed the first batch, but I'll be there for the second one to grab Asdivine Hearts.

Also, just an update from my held order, they just shipped it this week, saying the shipping label got corrupted... Meaning that not only did they not ship my games early last month, but I could've gotten the other games I've ordered after to be shipped with them. Not only that, but the list they sent me is missing Dariusburst, despite having an order for the game and listing the order number on the message I sent to get the held games shipped. Why did shipping and handling took a turn for the worse after improving so much over the last year?

I imagine that coordinating a holding orders system is becoming a big headache.

Top Bottom