• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

So LRG agreed on canceling a part of my order (I took on Ys CE by mistake, I just wanted the bundle) and the refunded me with the cost of the CE but I fear that the shipping cost is now too high for the bundle.
I've paid 35$ of shipping, can someone living in Europe (France if possible) can tell me how much the shipping is for the bundle (collector + Asdivine hearts).

Edit: it's ok, they told me it's 35$

Kanashimi

Well, came back when I saw pre-orders and grabbed Ys. I have zero interest in the other title, it looks shoddy. Hope this does well!

eXistor

Wait, I'm confused. I was working when the first batch of the CE was online, which is sold out obviously, but I'm not seeing a second batch, just "sold out". You're not not gonna tell me I missed out on this right? There's a second batch coming in 2 hours...right?

zeopower6

Wait, I'm confused. I was working when the first batch of the CE was online, which is sold out obviously, but I'm not seeing a second batch, just "sold out". You're not not gonna tell me I missed out on this right? There's a second batch coming in 2 hours...right?

Second batch is coming soon, yeah. 1000 of each CE will be up in 2 hours.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Six hours after going on sale, here are updated Ys standard edition numbers:

PS4: 3,111 (124 sold in two hours)
Vita: 2,530 (87 sold in two hours)

Really slowing down, but as others have said, it'll probably shoot up at 6 p.m.

And at the 2:45 p.m. EDT mark, I checked the numbers but didn't post them here. They were:

PS4: 3,010 (23 sold in 45 minutes)
Vita: 2,465 (22 sold in 45 minutes)

eXistor

Second batch is coming soon, yeah. 1000 of each CE will be up in 2 hours.

Ok, good. thank you for setting my mind at *ahem* ys.

Until then that is, hopefully I'll be able to grab this one, I've not been having any luck with most releases lately. But at least it looks like I'll be able to pre-order the regular edition even if I can't get the CE.

zeopower6

And at the 2:45 p.m. EDT mark, I checked the numbers but didn't post them here. They were:

PS4: 3,010 (23 sold in 45 minutes)
Vita: 2,465 (22 sold in 45 minutes)

I imagine west coast numbers will be coming in later too. :) Is this basically a success though? Will we continue to get preorders after this?

So, did we ever get to see a preview of the artbook from the CE? I love the packaging and I love the idea of an artbook more than a useless soundtrack (I realize I'm in the minority there), but I kinda want some small idea of what I'd be getting.

zeopower6

So, did we ever get to see a preview of the artbook from the CE? I love the packaging and I love the idea of an artbook more than a useless soundtrack (I realize I'm in the minority there), but I kinda want some small idea of what I'd be getting.

I don't think so. I don't think we even know what the poster is either.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I imagine west coast numbers will be coming in later too. :) Is this basically a success though? Will we continue to get preorders after this?

It seems to be going OK to me. We'll have to see how well it sells at 6 p.m. (I won't be able to post numbers; I'll be at a wedding.)

I'm sure this results in a LOT fewer complaints, too, which LRG will consider a huge win.

Semoreh

So LRG agreed on canceling a part of my order (I took on Ys CE by mistake, I just wanted the bundle) and the refunded me with the cost of the CE but I fear that the shipping cost is now too high for the bundle.
I've paid 35$ of shipping, can someone living in Europe (France if possible) can tell me how much the shipping is for the bundle (collector + Asdivine hearts).

$35 shipping ? For just a bundle ? Are you sure ? That sounds crazy ! oO
I've never paid more than $22 to France and there were some big orders.

blazeuk

$35 shipping ? For just a bundle ? Are you sure ? That sounds crazy ! oO
I've never paid more than $22 to France and there were some big orders.

I've been holding orders lately so not 100% sure if it has changed now but it's always been $22 to the UK too when it comes to CE's or multiple games.

zeopower6

It seems to be going OK to me. We'll have to see how well it sells at 6 p.m. (I won't be able to post numbers; I'll be at a wedding.)

I'm sure this results in a LOT fewer complaints, too, which LRG will consider a huge win.

Yeah the only complaints may be from people who are like "but Ys won't be as limited!" but those are few and far between.

mollipen

Yeah, I suspect a lot of people are like me, waiting for the next time slot to order both games together at once.

Kanashimi

Yeah the only complaints may be from people who are like "but Ys won't be as limited!" but those are few and far between.

I saw a crap ton of that on Facebook, some people were having meltdowns, but it seemed to be far less than those sad/angry they didn't get Night Trap. I mean realistically, it's still a limited chance. You're not gonna get a pay check in a twenty-four hour window, so you still have to plan for it.

Olengie

I wish the Playstion Vita/PSP Collectors Group I was a part was still alive just so i could read their thoughts and opinions on this. Lol

Interesting. I think it's surprsing that off all titles in the last months Ys Origin is the one missing a soundtrack. No Soundtrack bundle, an no soundtrack in the LE. Music is one of the key elements of almost every Falcom game. If one game from LRG should include it, than this game here.

Maybe it's a licensing issue? Things can get tricky with music in Japan. (Just a guess).

And yes, we should know what the items look like. I'm not buying stuff without all information. For example: Maybe the poster looks spectacular, maybe it looks terrible. No one knows. And that's frustrating.

zeopower6

Interesting. I think it's surprsing that off all titles in the last months Ys Origin is missing a soundtrack. No Soundtrack bundle, an no soundtrack in the LE. Music is one of the key elements of almost every Falcom game. If one game from LRG should include it, than this game here.

Maybe it's a licensing issue? Things can get tricky with music in Japan. (Just a guess).

Possibly. The Korean LE was able to have a 2CD soundtrack and a book 2x as big but the negotiations must have been easier since that is still in Asia? :/ I find that LRG tries to negotiate everything they can into a CE so something must have been a roadblock that caused them to not have a soundtrack.

Also people are aware that the "English Asian LE" didn't really exist, right? It sounded too good to be true.

Possibly. The Korean LE was able to have a 2CD soundtrack and a book 2x as big but the negotiations must have been easier since that is still in Asia? :/

Also people are aware that the "English Asian LE" didn't really exist, right? It sounded too good to be true.

We still don't know that. I wrote to Heavy-Arms few days ago and their distributor still claims that the LE is a thing. I'm not confident anymore, that we will get it, but I don't know either why they should lie about it?!

But even If we know for sure, it wouldn't change my mind on the LRG LE.

Interesting. I think it's surprsing that off all titles in the last months Ys Origin is the one missing a soundtrack. No Soundtrack bundle, an no soundtrack in the LE. Music is one of the key elements of almost every Falcom game. If one game from LRG should include it, than this game here.

And yes, we should know what the items look like. I'm not buying stuff without all information. For example: Maybe the poster looks spectualur, maybe it looks terrible. No one knows. And that's frustrating.

If it were spectacular, something tells me LRG would've showcased it extensively on Twitter and other social media.

The omission of the soundtrack is indeed staggering.

And yes, we should know what the items look like. I'm not buying stuff without all information. For example: Maybe the poster looks spectacular, maybe it looks terrible. No one knows. And that's frustrating.
I honestly don't care about the poster (although I hope it looks awesome), but I am curious about the book. It's 72 pages, which seems substantial, so I'm considering rolling the dice.

mollipen

Dammit, now I'm wavering on Asdivine Hearts. The more I check it out, the worse it looks. I was going to stick with getting and of the Japanese-developed stuff on Vita that LRG released, but I'm questioning this one.

Quixzlizx

lol, LRG fucked me over. So much for 6pm.

Edit: Never mind, LRG sent the email early saying that they were up, and I saw "Sold Out" on all the listings, so I thought the second batch had went up early and sold out.

Rolled the dice and ordered the CE. Default shipping was changed to more expensive $7 priority shipping. Is this normal for CEs? (This is my first CE because I'm a fan of artbooks.)

Top Bottom