• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

i'm pissed off, i was there the second it opened, and the website glitched on me after the paypal section...

i was there :

6OiCxOs.jpg

and when i click on continue to the shipping method, the website switched to this screen for less than a second and then came back to the first pic....

F2xUGH4.jpg

i tried to reload and redo it for like two minutes, and then it was sold out... i'm really pissed right now :(

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What are they at now roughly? Curious how much it went up since then now that there was no longer the need to grab it in 10 min or less.

As of this post.

2504 PS4 sold (quantify started at 2K)
2123 Vita sold (quantity started at 2K)

They've slowed down a lot and actually haven't updated in a couple of minutes.

I wish there was a way around the Vita cart patch issue. I don't consider releases like this to be of much value for that reason. To me there is little significant difference between this and the digital copy.

Aww, the patch isnt on it? I though the delay between announcement and launching this was to cover for the patch. Bummer.

Though I have been playing the digital vita version and with the lack of cross save (at least if its there I cannot find it), I feel the Vita CE was the better option for me to at least have the physical and all the other goodies. Maybe I will grab PS4 standard as well.

Anyone play Asdivine? Is it worth it to try for the Vita one at 6pm EST? I was ok grabbing it in the bundle if it meant I got a CE, but I got a CE alone.

As of this post.

I wonder what their mid range expectation was. I'd have to think it's above 3000 since you'd think the regular edition would be in higher quantity than the collector's edition. Probably something like 4800 to 5000 maybe? It'll be interesting to see how that grows throughout the day and if there's a big spike at 3pm/6pm. How are you checking?

Got Ys on ps4 and vita wasn't interested in the collector's edition anyways you can't have a Falcon game CE and NOT have some part of the OST included.

Fularu

Banned
I'm not saying it should, but people certainly expected to see it fly as fast as Night Trap and Wonder Boy which were OOS in 2 minutes top. These games were simply crazy.
Thus the Ys hype was maybe a bit overinflated.

There were twice as many Ys CEs as WB ones (two systems instead of one).

Of course 3k sells faster than 6.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I wonder what their mid range expectation was. I'd have to think it's above 3000 since you'd think the regular edition would be in higher quantity than the collector's edition. Probably something like 4800 to 5000 maybe? It'll be interesting to see how that grows throughout the day and if there's a big spike at 3pm/6pm. How are you checking?

They had talked about a 5k-6k run per platform which would have been 10k-12k copies overall. They may hit that higher number, but no idea if they wanted to go higher than that after that was originally stated.

I'm just looking at the page source and looking at the "inventory_quantity".

i-Jest

As of this post.

It'll be fun to see where those numbers are after 24hrs. People wanted preorders, now we have them. Time for people to put up or shut up. If the numbers aren't where they need to be, to continue the practice, then we'll know these where the cries of a vocal minority. Good news is we've passed the 4000 mark, with combined numbers in the first hour.

Weevilone

It'll be fun to see where those numbers are after 24hrs. People wanted preorders, now we have them. Time for people to put up or shut up. If the numbers aren't where they need to be to continue the practice, then we'll know these where the cries of a vocal minority. Good news is we've passes the 4000 mark, with combined numbers in the first hour.

Or we'll know Y's was overhyped, or affected by the Asian release, or both. Clearly some people bailed and ordered Asian after some of the recent LRG ordering issues. It wasn't a good CE, and the Vita version is gimped by the patch issue to some degree.

Joe Molotov

Or we'll know Y's was overhyped, or affected by the Asian release, or both. Clearly some people bailed and ordered Asian after some of the recent LRG ordering issues. It wasn't a good CE, and the Vita version is gimped by the patch issue to some degree.

Or that Vita owners have moved onto the Switch, time to complain on Twitter.

For context, they have 7500 PS4 copies and 6500 Vita copies in the pipeline.. If they don't get that many pre-orders, then they're almost certainly never going to do pre-orders again (especially considering they're going round saying that Skullgirls "under-performed").

[Edit] Reading the rest of the thread, that figure includes the collector's editions. So, the pre-order target is 4500 for PS4 and 3500 for Vita.

Yep, the patch issue is the main reason I'm sticking with my Asia preorder. That, and the box art is nicer.

For context, they have 7500 PS4 copies and 6500 Vita copies in the pipeline.. If they don't get that many pre-orders, then they're almost certainly never going to do pre-orders again (especially considering they're going round saying that Skullgirls "under-performed").

Well the follow-up tweet says across both CE and regular. So we know we've got around 4k of each platform sold right now and at least another 1k each when the second batch of CEs go up. Then we're looking at another 2.5k and 1.5k to meet those original numbers.

Also we don't know if the 1k variant copies would have counted as part of that run.

Spinoff90

Scalpers won't bother with an unlimited open pre-order so it is only inevitable that YS won't sell enough and we won't get this method again. LRG won't prioritize consumers that actually want the games when they can make more money limiting a game that will bring in the scalpers looking to profit. There is no profit for scalpers when most of the people that want it will get it short of a few lacking the funds at the moment. But people lacking funds are not likely the people that would later overpay the scalpers. So there is no incentive at all for them to buy it like they normally do.

wow i'm lucky, someone just cancelled their order (i guess) and the vita CE reopened, with only 1 piece left!

Managed to get it, thanks Distill, this programm is amazing!

I'm wondering if the english Asia Vita-Version has the patch on cartridge, since it's possible that the build is another one with different languages on it (still not sold on that, but let's see).

Also why did they used the lowdetail characters from the cutscenes for that one boxart and not the "real" ones? Granted, they are probably provided by DotEmu but Ys has much better art than this.

For Comparison:
i3xI4Xk.png

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
As of this post.

Is this including the initial batch that sold out, or does it include a cumulative of both the on-hand batch and pre-orders coming soon? (I think they were still doing it that way?)

Do we have a date on Senko 2 yet?

No date, and not a LRG title... yet. I guessed it a while back, but nothing has been confirmed.

Baliis

Yea, I ordered the Asian release a long time ago when they had a coupon for like $5 off and free shipping at play-asia.

Semoreh

There were twice as many Ys CEs as WB ones (two systems instead of one).

Of course 3k sells faster than 6.

You're right but you should have said that to all the people who were panicking on this very topic last week ;)
It was not the foretold cataclysm, is all I'm saying

No, I've been a fervent partisan of open preorders and today is a good test. The price is normal, the wait is not too long, the game has been hyped a lot and described as an unavoidable bloodbath many, many times...abd Asian availability of a game has never slowed down sales in a noticeable manner before.

You could say the situation is not perfect, and that in a perfect situation a preorder could be more efficient, but the reality is never perfect and this is as good a test as it can get :/

4500 units combined so far don't look as sexy as I thought at first, if they were expecting to sell 10k units total. But the day is not over and a lot of people are probably waiting to see if they'll have a CE before indulging in a standard version. Wait and see :)

4500 units combined so far don't look as sexy as I thought at first, if they were expecting to sell 10k units total. But the day is not over and a lot of people are probably waiting to see if they'll have a CE before indulging in a standard version. Wait and see :)

They've sold at least 11,300 copies though (assuming you count every CE sold which it will be when the rest go up). Currently, they're at:

Ys PS4 - 2900
Ys CE PS4 - 2000
Ys Vita - 2400
Ys CE Vita - 2000

mollipen

Can't say I like this. I don't think it solves any problem, other than adding another middleman taking a cut.

Of course, I fully respect their decision to sell this way, just don't really see why.

There's a local game shop not too far from me that sells LRG releases—I always wondered about how that worked. So interesting to finally know.

Semoreh

They've sold at least 11,300 copies though (assuming you count every CE sold which it will be when the rest go up). Currently, they're at:

Ys PS4 - 2900
Ys CE PS4 - 2000
Ys Vita - 2400
Ys CE Vita - 2000

I wasn't counting Collector Editions since they'll be sold anyway, being part of a normal run :)

Ys PS4 - 2900
Ys Vita - 2400
Total : 5300
Expected total : between 10 and 12k (I don't remember if they planned on doing 5 or 6k per console)

There's some way to go. Hope the figures catch up. Otherwise we'll end up with a weird situation where Ys will end up being rarer than expected when some already thought it would be super rare ^^

Occam

Got the paypal error, too. Second time this happened to me. Then I tried Amazon pay, which didn't allow me to select the hold address. So I tried paypal, again. This time it worked, but the Ys CE were sold out. So I only got Asdivine for now.
I wonder what's causing the paypal error, I think I should stop using it.

I wasn't counting Collector Editions since they'll be sold anyway, being part of a normal run :)

Ys PS4 - 2900
Ys Vita - 2400
Total : 5300
Expected total : between 10 and 12k (I don't remember if they planned on doing 5 or 6k per console)

There's some way to go. Hope the figures catch up. Otherwise we'll end up with a weird situation where Ys will end up being rarer than expected when some already thought it would be super rare ^^

I thought that total figure included the CE though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if there are small game chains that could be Tweeted for a hint hint nudge nudge at the preorders (and case lots).

hawk2025

I'm seeing -971 for the PS4 inventory.

How are you guys calculating these numbers? This makes me think they are 971 copies above target.

Probably worth mentioning that I bet there's at least some people who're waiting for the 6PM LE batch, and we'll probably see a bump in SE's once the LE's are all gone.

FWIW, grabbed the PS4 LE and PS4 Asdivine as two separate orders. Definitely could've ordered the bundle, but after Wonder Boy and Night Trap I wasn't taking any chances on a super limited quantity. Very nice experience this time around. I really hope this preorder system works out for them.

I'm also looking forward to a break in releases next month. With Kiwami out next week, and Utawarerumono, Ys VIII, Metroid, and the SNES Classic in September, my wallet needs all the rest it can get.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Four hours after going on sale, here are updated Ys standard edition numbers:

PS4: 2,987 (83 sold in an hour)
Vita: 2,443 (58 sold in an hour)

I'm seeing -971 for the PS4 inventory.

How are you guys calculating these numbers? This makes me think they are 971 copies above target.

The stock number started at 2,000 and counted down as stock was bought. Now it's counting into negative numbers since LRG technically is not limiting these games during this 24-hour period.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Four hours after going on sale, here are updated Ys standard edition numbers:

PS4: 2,987 (83 sold in an hour)
Vita: 2,443 (58 sold in an hour)

The stock number started at 2,000 and counted down as stock was bought. Now it's counting into negative numbers since LRG technically is not limiting these games during this 24-hour period.

Has anything been said on if the initial 2000 stock has already been printed and will be sent out before the pre-orders?

I'm also expecting a big spike during Batch 2, for people combining orders and some who don't know about the pre-order. Numbers are pretty good, considering that the second batch hasn't gone up yet!

mosaic

go eat paint
What's so bad about those numbers? If anything, it's proof they don't need a frenzy to sell their products at current volume.

Top Bottom