• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Question on Lawbreakers. Is there any non-online component to it? Like a local multiplayer or a single player campaign? If not then really what's the point of having a physical release that will die when the servers are down anyway...
LawBreakers does have an offline component, but it isn't anything substantial from a preservationist standpoint. Just the training mode will seemingly be accessible without Internet which makes it an easy pass as someone that would've jumped for bot matches. I really wish that shooter developers would place some emphasis on developing an offline bots mode for longevity sake, especially when materializing as a physical product that'll undoubtedly outlast servers. Sadly, a majority of design teams realize they can make loads of cash by just making a playground for players with cosmetics and slot-machine giveaways chipping away at consumer wallets while the gaming industry sinks further toward being a short term service over solid works of art.

Do we have any additional info at all on the loyalty tickets?

The redemption form still hasn' changed from what it was a few months back.
I'd like to know further details about any adjustments with the loyalty form as well. I'm guessing you'll have to negotiate through the support team to obtain the Night Trap reward variant as the cover art tier states LRG won't take requests. However, the initial plan was that you had to strive toward the forty-ticket game tier. In other words, you'd have to obtain a whole copy of the product in order to get the artwork. Of course, there was backlash over the maneuver, which they immediately acknowledged, so LRG might've arranged for something less excessive leading into the release window.

None of you bastictches better get in the way of me and my Wonder Boy LE.
Get in the back of the queue.

hawk2025

Ugghh, the Lawbreakers PS4 CE also comes with a download code.

It was such a stupid decision to pre-order the PC one.

I'm still a little upset that the original graphics showed a PS4 version on that release. Should have read more carefully instead of rushing...

hawk2025

After scouring the LRG message boards, the latest info I can find is that there will be 500-1000 copies of the Night Trap variant, and there's been no follow-up on how the new loyalty tickets system will work.

How can they possibly predict how many people will *mail in* tickets to redeem a limited variant?

dgco86

Ugh I was heading to bed last night and started worrying about this Friday. Really hoping I can get everything I want in one order so I can save on shipping.

Semoreh

After scouring the LRG message boards, the latest info I can find is that there will be 500-1000 copies of the Night Trap variant, and there's been no follow-up on how the new loyalty tickets system will work.

How can they possibly predict how many people will *mail in* tickets to redeem a limited variant?

I've asked twice here, and once on Twitter yesterday. Still awaiting one answer :/
(even if, now that I think if it, I don't know what I'll do with a second cover anyway... slip it in the normal game case ?)

Samuray

Is Amazon Payments really significantly quicker? I've always only used Paypal and never missed anything, but this time, I'm really worried.

On the other hand I'm reluctant to change anything right now....who knows what problem could arise...

Olengie

Is Amazon Payments really significantly quicker? I've always only used Paypal and never missed anything, but this time, I'm really worried.

On the other hand I'm reluctant to change anything right now....who knows what problem could arise...

Well, when I get hit with the stupid verification and log off, log in loop from paypal, I checked with Amazon Payments without a hitch.

Clive

LRG, please consider The Game Paradise: Cruisin Mix for a physical release!!!

*Signs this petition*. It also has Degica's involvement so that might make things easier after Dariusburst.

There's also a solid amount of other nice PS4 shmups this gen in need of a physical release.

Dangun Feveron/Fever S.O.S. (would need localization but it's a shmup so no millions of lines of text)
Battle Garegga (same as above)
Jamestown+
Sky Force Anniversary
Resogun (although Sony :()

Future ones:
Gundemoniums
Senko no ronde 2
Diadra Empty (haven't researched much and it might not be a top title but has a pretty good reception on Steam)

... and Flying Hamster HD for the Vita! (half joke, I'd buy it though)

Edit: and as I was typing that, Mahou Daisakusen/Sorcer Striker was confirmed for a Japanese release by M2.

Going to attempt my first purchase with Wonder Boy. Is there some way to have your payment information loaded prior to a first purchase. Reading all the horror stories of checking out on popular titles has me worried...

hawk2025

Just checking again -- anyone not collecting the trading cards and would like to sell them or work out some kind of deal?

Happy to discuss :)

I currently have:

001 - Gold variant
004 - Gold variant

I would take repeats as well though, want to build enough of them to start trading.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just checking again -- anyone not collecting the trading cards and would like to sell them or work out some kind of deal?

I currently have:

001 - Gold variant
004 - Gold variant

I would take repeats as well though, want to build enough of them to start trading.

There's gold variants as well? Oh man.

hawk2025

There's gold variants as well? Oh man.

Yep, but it's just the border of the cards that are silver or gold. I think there may also be foil variants, but I haven't seen them.

I think they did the right thing by having lots of variants and versions. It's not meant to be something of a full collection you always keep up with, but more of a fun extra.

I turned around on the idea of these trading cards pretty hard, I love it now. :)

I currently have:

001 - Gold variant
004 - Gold variant

What are these trading cards? When did they start?

Already picked up Wonderboy digitally for Switch and am not inclined to double dip. Out until Night Trap. Pretty convinced Night Trap is going to be an ugly bloodbath and I hope I am able to score one.

I'm in the same boat for both games. Although I'll go with standard edition for Night Trap. Full color manual? Good enough for me. I'd also like to get the documentary blu-ray.

Occam

An update regarding available quantities of Undertale from Fangamer. Last figures from Dallow_BG were :

As of today we have :
["Collector's Edition PS4"]: -2344
["Collector's Edition PS Vita"]: -447
["Collector's Edition PC"]: -695
["PS4"]: 4274
["PS Vita"]: 455
["PC"]: 3786

That means in ten days they managed to sell a few more CE, but the standard versions have come to an almost complete halt. Knowing this, there probably won't be a second run for these ones.

I applaud Fangamer for doing it this way. Otherwise I would have missed out on the CE of Undertale, because I didn't see the topic in time. So I guess you could say the money LRG didn't want from me last week went to Fangamer now.

~80% are in favor of a Limited Run Games susbscription, so it's pretty clear what most of the fans want. Screw the scalpers.

Clive

Has it been stated to be Digital Only? Im under the impression there is still a chance for a physical release without the need for LRG

Play-Asia now has two listings for Game Paradise Cruisin Mix, one LE and one regular. Both are the Japanese version and there is no mention on other languages.

www.play-asia.com/game-paradise-cruisin-mix-limited-edition/13/70be0b
http://www.play-asia.com/game-paradise-cruisin-mix/13/70be09

Better than nothing and potentially with English subs.

Edit: they also list Senko no ronde 2 with an LE and a regular edition:
http://www.play-asia.com/senko-no-ronde-2-limited-edition/13/70b74t
http://www.play-asia.com/senko-no-ronde-2/13/70b74r

Would be lovely with LRG releases for both,

Moofers

Already picked up Wonderboy digitally for Switch and am not inclined to double dip. Out until Night Trap. Pretty convinced Night Trap is going to be an ugly bloodbath and I hope I am able to score one.

I know. I'm going to try for one as well and I'm worried about it. I'm contemplating buying something this Friday just to do a trial run since I haven't bought anything since Astebreed and I forgot what the process is like. I wish they were making more because I think they'll blow through 4,000 copies in the AM and 4,000 more in the PM in like 5 minutes each.

Also, I wish LRG were better about communication. Night Trap is under two weeks away and I have no idea where to find out how to get the 32X cover. They don't update their website and it seems like if you want to know anything about what is going on you have to settle for a drip-feed of info from their three twitter accounts and hope that some detective out there catches it and posts it here.

I really appreciate LRG and what they do and honestly my experiences with purchasing from them have been largely positive ones, but man the quest for finding out what you want to know is longer than it needs to be.

How many tickets will it be for the variant cover of Night Trap?
Unless clarified otherwise, it'll take forty tickets to obtain the exclusive variant from the rewards program which means you'll have to aim for a complete copy of the game. The cover art isn't being offered separately.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I don't think any of the ticket info stuff has been finalized.
40 tickets wouldn't even be possible at the moment no?

Semoreh

Unless clarified otherwise, it'll take forty tickets to obtain the exclusive variant from the rewards program which means you'll have to aim for a complete copy of the game. The cover art isn't being offered separately.

I'm positive I read somewhere they had decided that only the COVER was exclusive to the loyalty program, and thus wouldn't require 40 but 8 tickets.
I just don't remember where... :x

I don't think any of the ticket info stuff has been finalized.
40 tickets wouldn't even be possible at the moment no?

I'm positive I read somewhere they had decided that only the COVER was exclusive to the loyalty program, and thus wouldn't require 40 but 8 tickets.
I just don't remember where... :x

Admittedly, the forty-ticket tier for the 32X variant was being considered back in April, but fans had an adverse reaction to the amount requirement and LRG immediately claimed the final details were still being ironed out for the program. I hadn't heard anything else to indicate they had adopted a new tier requirement for the cover art, but I do hope it'll be obtainable through the amount of tickets out in the wild right now. Like Moofers commented, it has been frustrating to piece together release details across three Twitter accounts and their message board to make sense of matters.

Just as I was trying to find new details about the 32X variant, I saw that The Bunker was confirmed for launch alongside Night Trap on August 11th. Apparently Lili: Child of Geos and an unannounced 'classic" will be sold on August 18th as well. As a side note, I moved LawBreakers into the non-collection section for the time being as it doesn't appear to have been designated a number on the website.

Need moar announcements

xH1HKiy.png

I think they need to really be careful with the ticket system because I think it's going to result in more backlash than pleased people. Collectors are going to get mad without visibility in what they can be redeemed for down the line which prevents them from planning ahead with how they want to redeem them.

For example, it would suck if someone who ordered everything redeemed for the Night Trap variant only to find out afterward that maybe there was now an upcoming Ys Collector's Edition variant but now no longer have enough to get it. They would have rather got that than Night Trap but didn't know such a thing existed until it was too late.

Personally, I hope LRG makes it so someone who bought everything will be able to redeem for everything as a reward for being a dedicated sorted.

i-Jest

i wonder if Night Trap will get hit by the delay the last couple games have been having

btw do we know if ROM 2064 and VA-11 HALL-A will be coming in 2017?

If we're talking LRG releases then nothing was mentioned in the calendar release schedule, as far as I'm aware. I think whether or not we get them this year will depend on how late the digital version will release. I wouldn't be surprised to see the LE on the PSN store at the end of the year, if not sometime in 2018.

lunch_box

Can anyone help me out and explain how the "holding games" works please?

I'm in UK and want to try and buy wonderboy and night trap, ideally I would like them shipped together to save on costs. What's my best option??

Thanks in advance

oldmario

Can anyone help me out and explain how the "holding games" works please?

I'm in UK and want to try and buy wonderboy and night trap, ideally I would like them shipped together to save on costs. What's my best option??

Thanks in advance

you basically enter the specified address here into your delivery address and then when you want tthem to ship it out which is in your case with night trap you put this in your cart and have night trap shipped to your actual address

Am I the only one confused as to why LiLi is getting a Limited Edition release in addition to the standard? Is it super popular and I somehow missed it? I remember playing it years ago on iOS when the App Store was full of potential and thinking it was... alright.

i-Jest

https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/892849229642821636

Doug & Josh, time to make friends with Steiner and make this happen. Exile's End be damned!

If Steiner is working with PQube (which he likely would be in this case), there probably wouldn't be a need for LRG. Just sayin'.

It's never a bad idea to make friends in the localization part of the industry, or whatever, especially if LRG still has any interest in localization for future releases. A raising tide lifts all boats,

Olengie

Play-Asia now has two listings for Game Paradise Cruisin Mix, one LE and one regular. Both are the Japanese version and there is no mention on other languages.

www.play-asia.com/game-paradise-cruisin-mix-limited-edition/13/70be0b
http://www.play-asia.com/game-paradise-cruisin-mix/13/70be09

Better than nothing and potentially with English subs.

Edit: they also list Senko no ronde 2 with an LE and a regular edition:
http://www.play-asia.com/senko-no-ronde-2-limited-edition/13/70b74t
http://www.play-asia.com/senko-no-ronde-2/13/70b74r

Would be lovely with LRG releases for both,

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/game-paradise-cruisinmix-coming-west-first-details-screenshots

Fuck me I’ve ordered the ps4 version of Bard’s Gold instead of the Vita version. I’ve discovered this yesterday when I received the game :(

I don’t even have a PS4.....

Somebody in for a trade?!

Top Bottom