• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

ijed said:
Holy crap! I knew about Baiyon but 2 lone swordsmen and fucking SQUAREPUSHER on my LBP2? Shit yes!

Read somewhere you can now rotate your sackboy for costumising...
i think he want ease of use like mod creation system. Doing everything by sections.

sarcoa

ijed said:
Holy crap! I knew about Baiyon but 2 lone swordsmen and fucking SQUAREPUSHER on my LBP2? Shit yes!
Well that makes sense, I wondered why I was getting a PixelJunk Eden vibe from one of the levels.

Unfortunately for fans (like myself) of
Ladytron, Ghosts
isn't thematically tied to a level but instead played over the end credits : /

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Baiyon?
I did not know that, how awesome is that, I happen to love the PixelJunk Eden soundtrack. Looks like Media Molecule doesn't plan on letting me down!

OMG, and Royksopp? You did it, MM, you fucking did it...

ijed said:
Read somewhere you can now rotate your sackboy for costumising...
You could already do that in LBP you silly goose!

Metalmurphy said:
Really? oO
Yeppy. I can't remember the buttons now, but I think it was one of the shoulder buttons and then left / right with the thumbstick while the pop-it cursor was hovering over sackboy. You could turn him facing left, right, and facing away from the camera to put stuff on his back.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Metalmurphy said:
Really? oO

If you're in costume mode (with the camera zoomed on Sackboy) you can open the stickers menu and turn sackboy with the shoulder buttons (after selecting a sticker). It's a'ight but I was hoping they'd revamp the Sackboy creator since it can be a little difficult to color him.

ijed

Mechanical Snowman said:
You could already do that in LBP you silly goose!

Yeppy. I can't remember the buttons now, but I think it was one of the shoulder buttons and then left / right with the thumbstick while the pop-it cursor was hovering over sackboy. You could turn him facing left, right, and facing away from the camera to put stuff on his back.

*mindblown*

Also just Aced the bunker as well - which I'd thought I'd already done ... still need to get all the pirates dlc items and the 3x and 4x stuff in story mode. :D

Ranger X

peull said:
To anyone in the beta, when you search for community levels, do it says anywhere if the level is done with lbp or lbp2? Can you put a filter in your searches to find only lbp2-made levels?

Yes. All of this.

netguy503

ijed said:
*mindblown*

Also just Aced the bunker as well - which I'd thought I'd already done ... still need to get all the pirates dlc items and the 3x and 4x stuff in story mode. :D

I need the pirates dlc trophies as well. So let's hook up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
mclem said:
How exactly does acing work in multiplayer? Is it only if *you* don't die? Or if *one* player doesn't die? Or if no-one dies? It strikes me that most levels would be easier to ace solo if it's the lattermost)

Unless it's been fixed, there is a loophole in the system that if you join someone RIGHT before they hit the final/end point you'll both get the level ace confirm, provided they/host didn't die.

It's useful on levels like the Bunker, and it's how I did some of the harder levels, so redoing them for the costume outfits (like the prototype sackboy) really doesn't sit well with me. :|

>>Day one shirt<<

$5, and you'd think they'd learn not to do that like the last one. Guess not, oh well: Not like it'll come to the US and it sucks anyway. The spacesuit is the better option.

Teknoman

Really hoping there are alot more instruments available than in beta. I know you could do alot with what we had, but sound sounds/instruments didnt really function the way you'd think they would.

First things first though: grabbing everything in story mode.

EDIT: Either its late and i'm blind...or grin/laugh emoticons are missing.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh yeah, I spend most of my times with user levels but I'm focusing on story levels first. 4 days ~

Also, I found another creepy sackboy:

advLF.jpg

Stampy

Snuggler said:
Oh yeah, I spend most of my times with story levels but I'm focusing on story levels first.

I hope you will be able to overcome this loophole and look at some community levels too. :p

BTW, what do you guys think of the fact that most of these promotional LBP2 videos (sport, action, etc.) are showing off levels from beta that are usually using the extra layers glitch. I mean, what kind of message are they sending to the community? If you want your levels to look the best (the presumption is they are picking the best looking levels for the videos), use the extra layers glitch. I have nothing against the glitch, but touting it in such an indirect way does seem a bit deceitful.

Well for anyone that never been on LBP or not been on following LBP community here is some you should keep a eye on or go play they LBP1 levels.

neoGAF own

first some of the most famous creators from LBP1

and now them that show some good stuff in the beta

:b that harder to make then it looks XD let me know if you think i miss some one ill add them im sure they will be someone

mclem

TheSeks said:
Unless it's been fixed, there is a loophole in the system that if you join someone RIGHT before they hit the final/end point you'll both get the level ace confirm, provided they/host didn't die.

How does that work with the "You cannot join after this point" signposts? I've not done *that* much online play, but I don't recall people dropping in after passing the post. I thought they existed basically to prevent that sort of thing.

Anyhow, I'll be on from about 8pm GMT tonight. PM me for my PSN id, main focus would be on the x2/3/4 stuff - not least because I'm not quite sure I *can* re-ace some of those levels :)

Ranger X

jump_button said:
Well for anyone that never been on LBP or not been on following LBP community here is some you should keep a eye on or go play they LBP1 levels.

:b that harder to make then it looks XD let me know if you think i miss some one ill add them im sure they will be someone

This is excellent but I am not there. :p
(joke, I am not famous :(

V_Ben

Banned
Seda said:

I like that there's a KB one and one without him. They're trying to use him less, which is a good thing. He can get grating if endlessly repeating.

Also, the "thousands of great games for free" angle is a good one to take. People love free stuff. :p

Ferny

I was going to grab the LBP 1 recently but once I found out that this one is backwards compatable with past DLC and such im set. I can't wait for this!

mclem

Ferny73 said:
I was going to grab the LBP 1 recently but once I found out that this one is backwards compatable with past DLC and such im set. I can't wait for this!

That reminds me, actually; after LBP2 is out, is there any content unique to LBP1 other than the (on-disc) story levels?

Are the extra levels included in the GOTY edition unique or are they versions of community levels? I guess those would end up unique to LBP1 too if they're the former.

I wonder if they're thinking about offering LBP1's levels as paid DLC at some point. It'd fit, approximately.

mclem said:
Are the extra levels included in the GOTY edition unique or are they versions of community levels? I guess those would end up unique to LBP1 too if they're the former.
Well, considering you can still connect to the LBP1 servers, all it would take is to find someone with the the GOTY levels in their hearted list so you can play them that way. If not, I suppose I could always republish the mine since I still have the save file for it, lol.

Actually, remaking the Steampunk Samurai would be pretty neat with all the tools out now... :O

Oni Jazar

jump_button said:

neoGAF own

And with this list I'll never be bored at home again.

TheSeks

mclem said:
How does that work with the "You cannot join after this point" signposts? I've not done *that* much online play, but I don't recall people dropping in after passing the post. I thought they existed basically to prevent that sort of thing.

"Host has passed the level gate, you are not allowed to jo--"
(Host hits the end gate/level ending score post)
(You join)
LEVEL COMPLETE
ACED!
YOU EARNED (blah blah blah)
ITEMS 1/2/3...100%
score (0)
pop pop pop.

Level complete. Do you wish to replay or return to your pod?
->Pod
Level aced.

mclem

TheSeks said:
(You join)
LEVEL COMPLETE
ACED!
ITEMS 1/2/3...100%
score (0)
pop pop pop.

->Pod
Level aced.

Yuck. Convenient, but still sucky. Hope it's fixed for 2. Still intend to ace the last few off my own bat :)

AndyD

aka andydumi
TheSeks said:
(You join)
LEVEL COMPLETE
ACED!
ITEMS 1/2/3...100%
score (0)
pop pop pop.

->Pod
Level aced.

Hehe. Wish I knew. Never was able to ace the bunker. Now I don't have LBP anymore.

TheSeks

It's a nice loophole, and honestly it doesn't hurt anyone for getting the items that way. I really hope MM didn't fix it and there are other loopholes for the trophies as well, but I ain't going to post those if LBP2's trophy list for publishing levels majority is right. :x.

As far as the 2/3/4x, 8PM GMT would be 3PM here. I could do that if someone can get two others for the 4 times.

Ranger X

I wonder why Sony and MM continue to make ads for LittleBigPlanet that aren't telling the consumer what the game is about. I mean, wtf.

The product is unclear in people's mind and this will greatly affect sales.

No45

Galvanise_ said:
Thats not an advert. Each of those clips are being played at the beginning and the end of every ad break for channel 5 movies.

There will be a seperate LBP2 EU ad.
Ah, that makes more sense.

They're still terrible though. :p

Oh my Jesus at ya'll getting LBP2 all early from that Subway thing. Thank goodness Tuesday is really close... *twiddles thumbs*

Top Bottom