• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Haxxona

Banned
Had heavy screentears yesterday coupled with a corrupted save after it force closed on me. But the game is fun to play which makes the bugs even more irritating.

In other news I played "Bora Bora island"(I think that was the name) and I seriously had one of the best moments ever in LBP

My son is too young for an online account, so I always have to play offline (not that I mind). Could that be helping with getting fewer crashes?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
My son is too young for an online account, so I always have to play offline (not that I mind). Could that be helping with getting fewer crashes?

Probably. LBP is the kind of game that keeps you connected and updated when it can.

wouwie

The game crashed 3 times while trying to play The Muppets DLC (which i got for free since i bought it on PS3). Also, i'm convinced i bought the Toy Story pack on PS3 but apparently i have to rebuy it for LBP3.

Creaking

The game crashed 3 times while trying to play The Muppets DLC (which i got for free since i bought it on PS3). Also, i'm convinced i bought the Toy Story pack on PS3 but apparently i have to rebuy it for LBP3.

Most of the DLC is incompatible with LittleBigPlanet 3 at the moment. I'd refrain from buying anything until you read somewhere that they've sorted it out. They'll probably add some more oldies when the store updates (apparently, that was supposed to happen last week, but Sony goofed it up)

Deadstar

Any news on when the patch is out? The game crashed on me again and I'm not playing again until this is fixed. It's too frustrating.

Zalman

I'm disappointed in the reception this game is receiving. I loved LBP2, but it sounds like that one is still the definitive game in the series?

Deadstar

I'm disappointed in the reception this game is receiving. I loved LBP2, but it sounds like that one is still the definitive game in the series?

Not necessarily. The story mode is better in 2 sure, but the new depth layers and characters add a whole other layer to the game that I think makes it the best version, crashes aside. If LBP3 allows the import or purchase of LBP1 and LBP2 levels it will be the best in the series. Performance is pretty strong and the graphics are the best they've ever been. Textures look amazing.

Zalman

Not necessarily. The story mode is better in 2 sure, but the new depth layers and characters add a whole other layer to the game that I think makes it the best version, crashes aside. If LBP3 allows the import or purchase of LBP1 and LBP2 levels it will be the best in the series. Performance is pretty strong and the graphics are the best they've ever been. Textures look amazing.
Hopefully they can fix up the issues in future patches then. Sounds like wasted potential if they don't.

J Range

This game has crazy creation potential. Best create mode by far. But the game is riddled with so many crash inducing bugs. Shame.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It means that the emitted object changes relative to how the object that you captured changes, without having to recapture the object. It's very useful for quick tweaking, but it might mess with the distance of what you're emitting. I'm not sure yet, still haven't sunk my teeth all the way into create mode. Give it a shot and see what happens.
No difference, unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though!

pupcoffee

Maybe they needed more time. Maybe it should have stayed on PS3 only. All I know is that they released this garbage and expect people to pay actual money for it, and that is fucking rude. If the developers can't make a solid experience, I don't have much faith in the tools they have given out for creators. I played a few decent levels, but I'll wait a year for them to finish patching, if they even have plans to. I traded it back to BB while they value was still high. What a waste of my time.

I know I'm focused on the campaign which really should be an afterthought, but I just can't get over how broken it is. Tons of my old hearted LBP2 levels are broken from the start of the level as well, so I just didn't feel like there was much to play since their tools are shit right now. Releasing without compatibility for AT LEAST all level packs is just icing on the shit cupcakes. The developers should be absolutely ashamed of this embarrassing game.

Yup. The PS4 version could actually be the worst running game this year. Just constant crashes if you try to touch create or created things.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Had my first good co-op experience today, still plagued with delayed spawning issues, but it was playable. At times I feel like the game's camera isn't designed to handle multiple players, especially when it comes to layer launchers.

Still looking for people to help with the 2x stuff. Someone play with me!

They really need to remove all the DLC from the store. People buying DLC they already own will cause a massive uproar. I have bought the DC pack (which contains the Memorizer, which by the way is not standard in LBP 3), if I didn't know any better (or forgot) I might just buy it again. And that can't be allowed to happen.

My experience so far though has been exemplary. The only problem I've had is one of my own levels not loading but crashing the game. I've had no other crashes, no slowdown, no falling through floors...touch wood...because I also said the 3D camera glitch was dead, but one of the 3 cameras still works :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm convinced the last level is glitched for me for getting all the goodies. I even checked through a 100% video and I got all the same stuff.

Creaking

Had my first good co-op experience today, still plagued with delayed spawning issues, but it was playable. At times I feel like the game's camera isn't designed to handle multiple players, especially when it comes to layer launchers.

Still looking for people to help with the 2x stuff. Someone play with me!

Add me, I'm on right now!

My PSN is "Ryuhza"

J-Spot

The developers should be absolutely ashamed of this embarrassing game.
That's a bit harsh. There's a lot of great stuff in the new features and the level design is mostly excellent despite changing studios. Sony probably should have delayed the game to give the devs time to iron out the glitches and maybe build some more levels for the campaign, but I'm guessing that wasn't an option since they had very little in the way of quality exclusives ready for the holidays. Probably not a great move due to the potential damage releasing a sub-par product can do to a brand.

idk man, i can't speak for LBP3 but LBP Vita is the defintive one out of LBP1, 2, PSP, & Vita. really takes advantage of the psvitas features. if you haven't tried that one and own a vita I highly recommend it.

We completely understand your frustration, but we are working hard to get the next patch out as soon as possible. You should be hearing more about it very soon.

Creaking

We completely understand your frustration, but we are working hard to get the next patch out as soon as possible. You should be hearing more about it very soon.

I sure hope so. I feel like I'm at the threshold of what the game really has to offer, but there's a gate of bugs blocking my way.

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?44678-Lbp2-bugs-list

Just a reminder. This is LittleBigPlanet, the game that comes with a purpose made button for when you get stuck in a level. And a game famous for it's good and bad glitches.

Unfortunately, there are no buttons that make it so that you won't crash when trying to enter any level with a friend online. :(

Jeez wasn't expecting to read so many issues, haven't had crashes yet, just got it from gamefly in the mail today. I am noticing stuttering and object pop in though, anyone else experiencing this? Very annoying.

Artorias

Banned
That's a bit harsh. There's a lot of great stuff in the new features and the level design is mostly excellent despite changing studios. Sony probably should have delayed the game to give the devs time to iron out the glitches and maybe build some more levels for the campaign, but I'm guessing that wasn't an option since they had very little in the way of quality exclusives ready for the holidays. Probably not a great move due to the potential damage releasing a sub-par product can do to a brand.

Its...really not harsh at all. The game is absolutely non functional for many people, and despite claiming to support LBP1 and 2 levels, tons of them simply won't load or will break immediately. I don't give half a shit if their level design is decent, who the fuck would buy LBP for the throwaway campaign levels?

EVO

I loved the adventure mode, I think it's easily the best of the series. Didn't have a problem with the length either. I'm also really enjoying the popit puzzles, but the performance for me has been abysmal.

Game has crashed on my three times now, and the most recent one corrupted my profile. I was stuck on a loading screen for over five minutes and decided to quit the game. Now I'm greeted with a message asking me if I have the latest update installed (I do), and the only way to continue is to delete my profile.

Any chance the next patch will fix this?

PaulloDEC

Just unlocked Oddsock (love the way the little guy controls) in Manglewood, but I guess I won't be playing any more of the Adventure mode for a while.

Attempting to cross the bridge at the far right of the level results in what seems to be a kinda broken cutscene (Newton shows up, the camera focuses in on something in the distance), followed by a brief cut to a loading screen and a crash. Various other actions in Manglewood result in a crash now too, including but not limited to leaving the shop area.

Haxxona

Banned
I can't seem to progress through the tutorial levels in adventure mode. The application keeps force closing after
newty becomes a monster
and my save becomes corrupt.
The game force closes after every level when playing 2-player locally and as soon as I have more than 5 screenshots on my ps4 the popit starts lagging.

Where the hell is the QA on this game, there is no way that sony didnt see these issues before release but obviously they said fuck it and released it.

SerTapTap

I can't seem to progress through the tutorial levels in adventure mode. The application keeps force closing after
newty becomes a monster
and my save becomes corrupt.
The game force closes after every level when playing 2-player locally and as soon as I have more than 5 screenshots on my ps4 the popit starts lagging.

Where the hell is the QA on this game, there is no way that sony didnt see these issues before release but obviously they said fuck it and released it.

I'm waiting on a patch (and people to play co op with) to play. It only crashed for me after I deleted photos on the same session though. Whatever the popit is trying to do with screenshots must be coded really wonkily.

Haxxona

Banned
I'm waiting on a patch (and people to play co op with) to play. It only crashed for me after I deleted photos on the same session though. Whatever the popit is trying to do with screenshots must be coded really wonkily.
Yeah aside from bf4 at release I have never had so many CE-***** errors in a row. Never seen screentear on ps4 until now too and of course never had such a large freeze as when opening the popit.
A patch or two it is for me before jumping in again

GutZ31

This game is a glitchy, buggy mess.
Don't expect to play with friends online for any extended amount of time, if at all.
This game has crashed on me, frozen, gone black screen, and completely locked up my PS4 every time I have booted it up.

This game is broken. Even the story missions break sometimes, as I couldn't progress past the first world, and didn't understand why, after finishing all the puzzles.
Turns out I had to replay the last mission(just a cut scene) just to move forward.

The game showed I completed everything, and gave me no direction as to move on. I can only imagine a child, or parent trying to figure out why there is only 1 world in this game.

I have tried on several occasions to play online with friends, and it always ends the same way, in one of us crashing randomly, and the game booting the others to their own worlds.

I have tried co-oping with my niece, sitting next to me, and the game crashing for who the fuck knows.

I have no interest in playing this game till it gets fixed.

Fuck you Sumo.

Creaking

I think I know why the screenshots affect the pop-it. There's a neat feature where you can import your LittleBigPlanet 3 share screenshots as stickers. The quality there is much better than that of the pictures taken with the in-game photo taker.

Haxxona

Banned
I think I know why the screenshots affect the pop-it. There's a neat feature where you can import your LittleBigPlanet 3 share screenshots as stickers. The quality there is much better than that of the pictures taken with the in-game photo taker.
I get that but its easy to make simple thumbnails that the game can load up. As it is now there are no thumbnails being stored because the game wouldn't have to load for 3secs everytime you open the popit.

If I want to import something then sure I can accept a 1sec delay but not every time that I open the popit even though its just because I want to use the lasso tool.

The funny thing here is that a normal ps4 share button screenshot averages around 300kb which is nothing(after removing all of them I now have around 20 and it freezes again). Try putting in around 200 pictures of high quality(I did it with my Z2 pictures - averages around 7-12mb per picture) and see how fast a phone or computer generates thumbnails without any freeze whatsoever.

I'm guessing this is what they are going to go for in the patch

balohna

Got a PS4 black Friday bundle with LBP3, played a bit with my girlfriend. No issues really for me so far, but I don't like how loading screen sometimes appear suddenly in the middle of a cutscene. It wouldn't be so jarring if the music or whatever didn't just cut off.

Anyway, yeah pretty fun so far. I've never been a huge LBP person, but she is and seems to be enjoying it. Doesn't really look too crazy good for a PS4 game. Is there any real difference vs. PS3? Maybe better resolution and/or performance?

Creaking

Store is updated. It seems that more of the missing costume packs are now available, but most level kits are still MIA (they said something about taking longer for compatibility issues). The only costumes available are the ones shown on the PS3, PS4, or web store though. In-game store remains a little funky.

The MGSV costumes are available too.

I get that but its easy to make simple thumbnails that the game can load up. As it is now there are no thumbnails being stored because the game wouldn't have to load for 3secs everytime you open the popit.

If I want to import something then sure I can accept a 1sec delay but not every time that I open the popit even though its just because I want to use the lasso tool.

The funny thing here is that a normal ps4 share button screenshot averages around 300kb which is nothing(after removing all of them I now have around 20 and it freezes again). Try putting in around 200 pictures of high quality(I did it with my Z2 pictures - averages around 7-12mb per picture) and see how fast a phone or computer generates thumbnails without any freeze whatsoever.

I'm guessing this is what they are going to go for in the patch

Right, that's why it's an issue. It's not functioning as they expected, or so we're told, and it's going to be fixed.

Just unlocked Oddsock (love the way the little guy controls) in Manglewood, but I guess I won't be playing any more of the Adventure mode for a while.

Attempting to cross the bridge at the far right of the level results in what seems to be a kinda broken cutscene (Newton shows up, the camera focuses in on something in the distance), followed by a brief cut to a loading screen and a crash.

I felt left out so I decided to have some crashes today :D In that exact place. Although I did cross the bridge originally yesterday with no problem, I quit before I got to the next book (literally, it turns out, seconds before I would have activated it), maybe that messed with my progress?

So I came back today, realizing I should be playing in a new book and crossed the bridge to activate it. You will notice that the Newton cutscene is slightly different from the right one (Newton is more to the left than he should be). Then the loading screen appears and sends you back to the home screen. I tried it three times to make sure, then logged out of PSN...it worked first time.

The obvious conclusion for these glitches and crashes are because of the online part of the game. What exactly is the game doing using online while you're playing in story mode alone? (especially just before a cutscene)

And it's as I thought with the Pop It. It's searching the hard drive for screenshots. More screenshots, more lag.

These load times are fucking crazy, i'm not even playing online.

EDIT: and now the game has crashed. i genuinely feel ripped off by this buggy mess

feel ripped off?, you have been.
Imagine seeing this game for £48 everywhere because the developers were so greedy, put it alongside gta5, far cry 3 and every single other new release for £40.
Now imagine if the game was unplayable, crashes to the point that you can't play the game and cannot continue.
that is being ripped off big time.
we had a developer in here a while ago, i just hope they return and actually give us a date for when the game will be fixed.
This is even worse than oddworld, at least they apologised immediately and sent patches out every few days until you could play the game.

Patch 1.03 is coming very soon now which obviously address a lot of the stability issues y'all have been experiencing, on top of other things like the Popit issue and then some. As much as we want to throw out fixes as soon as possible, we are looking at as much as we can. Again, apologies to everyone who've been having issues playing the game. >.<

tch

Patch 1.03 is coming very soon now which obviously address a lot of the stability issues y'all have been experiencing, on top of other things like the Popit issue and then some. As much as we want to throw out fixes as soon as possible, we are looking at as much as we can. Again, apologies to everyone who've been having issues playing the game. >.<

Thanks for the update. I haven't been able to find this info anywhere, so I'll ask it here:

Is the Memorizer not included in the base (PS3) game? If not, will users have to wait until the DC comics pack is made compatible in order to use the memorizer?

Haxxona

Banned
Love the communication and I understand the hell you all must be going through right now(soon to be game dev myself).
I just wish the game had been delayed so that it could had gotten the praise it should of gotten because IMO this is the best LBP yet.

Thanks for the update.

I know devs are under pressures to get things released etc, but the amount of bugs cropping up not just in this game makes you wonder if QA happens for as long as it should do. The fact that so many are common makes you question why they were not picked up before release.

PaulloDEC

I felt left out so I decided to have some crashes today :D In that exact place. Although I did cross the bridge originally yesterday with no problem, I quit before I got to the next book (literally, it turns out, seconds before I would have activated it), maybe that messed with my progress?

So I came back today, realizing I should be playing in a new book and crossed the bridge to activate it. You will notice that the Newton cutscene is slightly different from the right one (Newton is more to the left than he should be). Then the loading screen appears and sends you back to the home screen. I tried it three times to make sure, then logged out of PSN...it worked first time.

The obvious conclusion for these glitches and crashes are because of the online part of the game. What exactly is the game doing using online while you're playing in story mode alone? (especially just before a cutscene)

And it's as I thought with the Pop It. It's searching the hard drive for screenshots. More screenshots, more lag.

Thanks for the tip! I switched off the internet connection on my PS4 and got through the problem section with no issues.

Thanks for the update. I haven't been able to find this info anywhere, so I'll ask it here:

Is the Memorizer not included in the base (PS3) game? If not, will users have to wait until the DC comics pack is made compatible in order to use the memorizer?
That's correct regarding the memorizer as it does not come right out of the box. You can use the object saver in a similar fashion though as it does save logic states.
Love the communication and I understand the hell you all must be going through right now(soon to be game dev myself).
I just wish the game had been delayed so that it could had gotten the praise it should of gotten because IMO this is the best LBP yet.

Thanks for the update.

I know devs are under pressures to get things released etc, but the amount of bugs cropping up not just in this game makes you wonder if QA happens for as long as it should do. The fact that so many are common makes you question why they were not picked up before release.

Thanks guys. Even though there are lots of working parts to this game, no amount of excuses can alleviate some of the things you guys are going through. And like I said, as much as we'd love to get it out to you the next day, we want to make sure it does get fixed. As someone who's come from the LBP community to actually working on the franchise from Vita and LBP2 DLC, it hurts seeing you guys experience what's been happening. But do know we are looking at the forums and every other avenue y'all contact us about your issues and working on them via this upcoming patch.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions though and I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

thuway

I really wish Sony had ported Puppetteer to PS4. At the very least, the idea behind Puppeteer was amazing. It lacked in the gameplay department, but the charm rivaled Mario.

Both my wife and I (only my account is PS+) get the CE-34878-0 hard crash when trying to go through the gate/warp on the very first non-tutorial level. Every time.

She doesn't play a lot of games but she loves LBP and is really disappointed. How does this happen and how can we fix it? We've reinstalled the game and deleted saves but it's still happening! The only DLC we bought was the Ariel outfit.

We just want it fixed so we can play the game, but if it won't get fixed, what path is there to get a refund for this game that we can't play and have wasted hours screwing around with?

Both my wife and I (only my account is PS+) get the CE-34878-0 hard crash when trying to go through the gate/warp on the very first non-tutorial level. Every time.

She doesn't play a lot of games but she loves LBP and is really disappointed. How does this happen and how can we fix it? We've reinstalled the game and deleted saves but it's still happening! The only DLC we bought was the Ariel outfit.

We just want it fixed so we can play the game, but if it won't get fixed, what path is there to get a refund for this game that we can't play and have wasted hours screwing around with?
Are you connected online when you're playing? If you are, play offline and see if that helps.

Top Bottom