• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

tch

Does anyone know why the DC level pack is not on the PS3 store?

Whatever you do do not download the Marvel level pack. I did not realize it is LBP1 dlc. Garbage.

pupcoffee

So I went back to re-beat the DC Comics level pack in my quest to re-get everything I once had, and uh... there's a cutscene on the Joker level that kills you no matter what (it's not supposed to). Right in the very beginning, you fall through a boobytrapped floor and you're supposed to land on a spring pad that launches you and batman to safety, but the changed physics or some kind of bug have caused the spring pad to launch you just a hair too short, sending both you and batman to your deaths. It's during a no-control cutscene too, so there's nothing you can do but watch. And yes, it does count as a death.

This is on PS4, by the way.

Lmao.

The backwards-comp testing leaves something to be desired, definitely.

Why can't the game detect that we've already got DLC items like it can detect we have LBP1/2 items?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Lmao.

The backwards-comp testing leaves something to be desired, definitely.

Why can't the game detect that we've already got DLC items like it can detect we have LBP1/2 items?

Honestly, I'm not sure. It seems like a complicated situation the more I think about it.

Does anyone know why the DC level pack is not on the PS3 store?

Whatever you do do not download the Marvel level pack. I did not realize it is LBP1 dlc. Garbage.

Not sure. It's not there (PS3 version) for me either on the web store.

Yeah, the Marvel pack is just for materials, stickers, and decorations. DC pack has actual levels. Pretty good ones too, if played in LBP2.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There is so much stuff busted in create mode, that's what's most disappointing for me and really demotivating me to play. I will try for hours to make something only to hit a roadblock when I can't manipulate things the way I want to. Quick list of things:

- Can't change colours on Meringue material, even though the icon suggests you can
- When I try to change from basic material to basic material, it doesn't work sometimes (consistently does not when editing My Earth)
- Custom sackpocket items don't work at all seemingly? I'll make an item, capture it, and it can work as a power-up but not as a sackpocket item. I've tried every combination of settings on the sackpocket item itself, made sure the sackpocket is useable in the global settings, captured the item using the goodies menu instead of through editing the sackpocket, etc. etc. etc. No dice. This is fundamental to the aforementioned Evolution level I'm making and.. it doesn't work. Demoralizing.
- With hook hat equipped, I can't get characters onto rails I put down. Again, no idea what's causing this, played around with lots of settings to no avail.

I think the second controller thing is a bug, but you do have to be the host to earn anything if you play online.
Not entirely sure this is the case. I joined someone's game doing the Yeti level the other day, and with the 2x required stuff, I was the person who collected the bubbles. Came out of the level and it was 100%'d. Pretty sure I actually got the rewards in my goodies bag too.

Creaking

Out of curiosity, has anyone here been able to do the x4 level in Manglewood? I can't even unlock it; whenever I try to join a game in Manglewood or invite four people to join me, the game crashes.

There is so much stuff busted in create mode, that's what's most disappointing for me and really demotivating me to play. I will try for hours to make something only to hit a roadblock when I can't manipulate things the way I want to. Quick list of things:

- Can't change colours on Meringue material, even though the icon suggests you can
- When I try to change from basic material to basic material, it doesn't work sometimes (consistently does not when editing My Earth)
- Custom sackpocket items don't work at all seemingly? I'll make an item, capture it, and it can work as a power-up but not as a sackpocket item. I've tried every combination of settings on the sackpocket item itself, made sure the sackpocket is useable in the global settings, captured the item using the goodies menu instead of through editing the sackpocket, etc. etc. etc. No dice. This is fundamental to the aforementioned Evolution level I'm making and.. it doesn't work. Demoralizing.
- With hook hat equipped, I can't get characters onto rails I put down. Again, no idea what's causing this, played around with lots of settings to no avail.

Not entirely sure this is the case. I joined someone's game doing the Yeti level the other day, and with the 2x required stuff, I was the person who collected the bubbles. Came out of the level and it was 100%'d. Pretty sure I actually got the rewards in my goodies bag too.

Can you PM me a list of the things you've been experiencing? On the sack pocket issue, have you been using a Sackpocket pedestal to place your powerups and not a Powerup pedestal?

My gf is already enjoying this, after loving the first two games - although she's only interested in ploughing through the single player campaign. She's only been playing for like 15 mins though and it already says "14% complete". Seriously, is it that short?

Hmm, me and sixaxes had to do the x4 level twice because he didn't get the rewards the first time when I was hosting.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here been able to do the x4 level in Manglewood? I can't even unlock it; whenever I try to join a game in Manglewood or invite four people to join me, the game crashes.

Yeah, me and sixaxes did it the other day, each of us used two controllers.

My gf is already enjoying this, after loving the first two games - although she's only interested in ploughing through the single player campaign. She's only been playing for like 15 mins though and it already says "14% complete". Seriously, is it that short?

If you just do the main story levels it's only about 3hrs or so; but with all the side levels, aces, and prize collection, you'll double that time pretty easily.

If you just do the main story levels it's only about 3hrs or so; but with all the side levels, aces, and prize collection, you'll double that time pretty easily.

I swear i check in this thread once a week and this answer get's shorter every time.
So sad to see such an awful time for a campaign given that they had so much material available to work with. I could understand if this was a ps4 exclusive with all new engine and graphics.
They could at least add some story levels from the first two games as an end game extra.

Creaking

It can go pretty quickly. It's something like...

Prologue: One minor intro level, three major levels, and a boss fight.

Book 1: One explorable hub level, four major levels, two multiplayer-only levels (the x2 ones are shorter than the major levels, haven't played the x4 one), three challenge levels, one boss fight

Book 2: One explorable hub level, four major levels, one multiplayer-only level, two challenge levels, one boss fight

Book 3: One explorable hub level, four major levels, two challenge levels, one beefy and pretty difficult boss-fight, especially when trying to ace.

So in total:
15 major levels (10 for Sackboy, 1 each for the new characters, plus 1 shared between them, and 1 as a unique Yeti character)
7 challenge levels (2 contraption, 2 Sackboy under unique conditions, then 1 each for the new characters, utilizing their abilities to the max)
4 boss fights (the last one being rather long),
3 explorable hub levels
3 multiplayer-only levels (2 x2, 1 x4 [haven't been able to play yet :( ]
1 tutorial/intro level

I don't think I'm forgetting any, though I left out cutscene levels and the 3 Zom Zom's shop levels.

There's also the pop-it academy, which has something like 10 or 12 levels, but they are slower paced and require a lot of menu work.

Still, if you're unwilling to brave random community levels, Mm picks are always a good time. You can even get to them directly from a secret area in the Book 2 hub (the Ziggurat)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can't get past 94% items collected in shake, rattle & roll. Got all the rocket boot items and the sticker. Is there an illuminator one in there?

Any item collection guides out there yet?

Creaking

Can't get past 94% items collected in shake, rattle & roll. Got all the rocket boot items and the sticker. Is there an illuminator one in there?

Any item collection guides out there yet?

When you enter one of the tubes that lead to each milkshake path, have you taken note of the second tube at the bottom that leads downward? There's one on each side, and I missed both of them on my first few playthroughs.

Carl

I got this yesterday on UK release. Enjoying it but HOLY HELL that pop-it lag. First time i opened it i thought the game had frozen, but nope it just takes 8 whole seconds to load the damn thing. I hope this is fixed soon

pupcoffee

It can go pretty quickly. It's something like...

Prologue: One minor intro level, three major levels, and a boss fight.

Book 1: One explorable hub level, four major levels, two multiplayer-only levels (the x2 ones are shorter than the major levels, haven't played the x4 one), three challenge levels, one boss fight

Book 2: One explorable hub level, four major levels, one multiplayer-only level, two challenge levels, one boss fight

Book 3: One explorable hub level, four major levels, two challenge levels, one beefy and pretty difficult boss-fight, especially when trying to ace.

So in total:
15 major levels (10 for Sackboy, 1 each for the new characters, plus 1 shared between them, and 1 as a unique Yeti character)
7 challenge levels (2 contraption, 2 Sackboy under unique conditions, then 1 each for the new characters, utilizing their abilities to the max)
4 boss fights (the last one being rather long),
3 explorable hub levels
3 multiplayer-only levels (2 x2, 1 x4 [haven't been able to play yet :( ]
1 tutorial/intro level

I don't think I'm forgetting any, though I left out cutscene levels and the 3 Zom Zom's shop levels.

There's also the pop-it academy, which has something like 10 or 12 levels, but they are slower paced and require a lot of menu work.

Still, if you're unwilling to brave random community levels, Mm picks are always a good time. You can even get to them directly from a secret area in the Book 2 hub (the Ziggurat)

Seriously? I'm almost at the end of Book 2 and I've only been playing this afternoon. Story levels have mostly been a drag so far, too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When you enter one of the tubes that lead to each milkshake path, have you taken note of the second tube at the bottom that leads downward? There's one on each side, and I missed both of them on my first few playthroughs.

Thanks, missed the right one

Creaking

I got this yesterday on UK release. Enjoying it but HOLY HELL that pop-it lag. First time i opened it i thought the game had frozen, but nope it just takes 8 whole seconds to load the damn thing. I hope this is fixed soon

Copy your share-captured screenshots to a USB, then delete them off of the system and it'll fix the pop-it lag until Sumo can do it themselves.

Nice, although I think those are supposed to show up normally when you play as swoop.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can you PM me a list of the things you've been experiencing? On the sack pocket issue, have you been using a Sackpocket pedestal to place your powerups and not a Powerup pedestal?
Yes, I'm sure I'm using a Sackpocket pedestal. As I mentioned, it works in the powerup, but not in the sackpocket. I sent you a PM as well as a video of the issues.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
On the final hub world, where you get swoop, I have an unlocked level (top right) that I just can't find for the life of me. Anyone know where it is?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
On the final hub world, where you get swoop, I have an unlocked level (top right) that I just can't find for the life of me. Anyone know where it is?
Top-right on the map screen? It's a movie
Four Chums Head To Craftworld
. I think it's the end cutscene.

EDIT: Once again throwing it out there in case someone wants to run through the 2 player stuff together.

Creaking

So I beat the Lex Luthor boss fight in DC Comics pack without dying (which is much harder than usual, as the wall-jump material in the first section is broken and keeps detaching Sackboy from the wall), only to get stuck in a cutscene that won't trigger the next part, leaving me without a scoreboard and without my prizes.

Tell me this pack is going to get some compatibility adjustments. I can handle the freaky lightshows and the inoffensive cutscene errors, but stuff that keeps levels from being aced or completed is honestly unbearable.

It's sad to see one of the best sets of DLC levels being reduced to such a scantly playable mess.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Top-right on the map screen? It's a movie
Four Chums Head To Craftworld
. I think it's the end cutscene.

EDIT: Once again throwing it out there in case someone wants to run through the 2 player stuff together.

No. it's definitely a level. It's connected to the hub not the last boss + cutscene (which is separate).

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
So I beat the Lex Luthor boss fight in DC Comics pack without dying (which is much harder than usual, as the wall-jump material in the first section is broken and keeps detaching Sackboy from the wall), only to get stuck in a cutscene that won't trigger the next part, leaving me without a scoreboard and without my prizes.

Tell me this pack is going to get some compatibility adjustments. I can handle the freaky lightshows and the inoffensive cutscene errors, but stuff that keeps levels from being aced or completed is honestly unbearable.

It's sad to see one of the best sets of DLC levels being reduced to such a scantly playable mess.

How have you got the DC Comics pack? I've only been able to download the Muppets Pack and the MOVE pack and I can't finish the Muppets pack because there's a huge gamegreaking bug on the second level. It's the part were you have to shoot Gonzo out of a cannon and collect bubbles. He jumps, teeters on one edge and falls down the front of the cannon, so you are left with a cannon firing NOTHING. I'm pretty annoyed by that.

Creaking

How have you got the DC Comics pack? I've only been able to download the Muppets Pack and the MOVE pack and I can't finish the Muppets pack because there's a huge gamegreaking bug on the second level. It's the part were you have to shoot Gonzo out of a cannon and collect bubbles. He jumps, teeters on one edge and falls down the front of the cannon, so you are left with a cannon firing NOTHING. I'm pretty annoyed by that.

Maybe it's only available on the US store. Meanwhile, I can't get either the Muppets or Move packs.

All I've got are the DC Comics levels and the Incredibles & Nightmare before Christmas level kits. I should have the monster kit, history kit, cross controller levels, move levels, and the Muppets levels.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No. it's definitely a level. It's connected to the hub not the last boss + cutscene (which is separate).
?

ibsCbDJT09rj5W.jpg

It has Quest Progress but it's just the end cutscene.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just started the game on PS4 and every time I open/close/navigate menus within the popit the game freezes for a solid 5 seconds. Is this a known issue?

Creaking

No patch yet? I was hoping to wait until poppit issues are fixed. Have they acknowledged it?

Oh yeah, they've acknowledged lots of the bugs, especially the pop-it. They're not talking about a patch until they can get a solid date on it's release.

Mind you, you can circumvent the pop-it issues, if you don't mind not taking screenshots.

pupcoffee

I'm enjoying popit academy way more than I expected. The lessons don't exactly teach me much because I already know how to do everything that isn't new to LBP3. but using the tools in itself is a satisfying game experience. I actually like it more than Adventure mode, which is a bit dull on the game design, and is full of visual gimmicks e.g. the constant launching into different layers, the little "we play it for you," jump-pad setups and not to mention all the unskippable dialogues and cutscenes.

tch

I'm enjoying popit academy way more than I expected. The lessons don't exactly teach me much because I already know how to do everything that isn't new to LBP3. but using the tools in itself is a satisfying game experience. I actually like it more than Adventure mode, which is a bit dull on the game design, and is full of visual gimmicks e.g. the constant launching into different layers, the little "we play it for you," jump-pad setups and not to mention all the unskippable dialogues and cutscenes.

I completely agree. I can't wait to see the great community levels with the popit powerup.

How the heck do you tell if you finished the game?? I literally can't even tell what I did because I cut the PS4 off during the last level I think but the game doesn't really make it explicitly known.

I completely agree. I can't wait to see the great community levels with the popit powerup.

Warms my heart to hear you guys enjoyed the Popit Academy. :)

How the heck do you tell if you finished the game?? I literally can't even tell what I did because I cut the PS4 off during the last level I think but the game doesn't really make it explicitly known.

If you have access to the "Four Chums Head to Craftworld" cutscene in Bunkum, you've pretty much beat the main game.

I really need to know when this patched. Im being bugged my little sister every day to buy it.

Its bad enough to buy a full priced game, but I for damn sure am not buying a buggy one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How do I make it so that my weapon emits an object/projectile (in this case an electricity ball) that stays in place relative to an object?

What I have is basically a handheld electricity gun with a plug at the end opposite the handle that will spark up and stay in front of the plug no matter where you aim it. Picture like a lightsaber that you can turn on and off, except it is not attached and is a projectile. Can't use an invisible rod because there doesn't seem to be a way to make it disappear and then reappear via tweakers?

I spent the last 4 hours trying and screwing around with emitter settings. It seems to consistently emit it at a location I did not select it to emit to. That is, if it emits at all. Even with settings at their most tolerant, sometimes it just stops emitting like its ammo ran out when there are no limitations of the sort.

I really need to know when this patched. Im being bugged my little sister every day to buy it.

Its bad enough to buy a full priced game, but I for damn sure am not buying a buggy one.

We're looking to get it out very soon now.

How do I make it so that my weapon emits an object/projectile (in this case an electricity ball) that stays in place relative to an object?

What I have is basically a handheld electricity gun with a plug at the end opposite the handle that will spark up and stay in front of the plug no matter where you aim it.

I spent the last 4 hours trying and screwing around with emitter settings. It seems to consistently emit it at a location I did not select it to emit to. That is, if it emits at all. Even with settings at their most tolerant, sometimes it just stops emitting like its ammo ran out when there are no limitations of the sort.
All you need to do is set the switch the "Ignore Parent Velocity" to on. Of course if it assumes something's in the way, it won't emit too so make sure you give your emitted object ample room to appear. Since I'm guessing this is for something like a bow and arrow or gun, I generally have the emitter set to "One Shot" as well.

pupcoffee

Warms my heart to hear you guys enjoyed the Popit Academy. :)

Glad to hear it :) Some of LBP2's tutorials flew over my head back in the day, got forgotten, except this isn't only just a good solution for that; it feels like something that's closer to the essence of LBP. It reminds me of how fun it is (in create mode) just to switch back and forth between hover mode, between testing obstacles - by jumping or whathaveyou - between dying, pausing to tweak, rewinding... but also you know, whilst being different to that old create mode gameplay, too.

Approaching "creating" more blatantly as gameplay rather than just as time spent in an alien-to-game-environment editor (which a lot of people seem to think of it as, and thus see only the platforming as "the gameplay") is so LBP and I'm very impressed with it.

1st if i have more than 15 sackbots on the screen it crashes, anyone else got this?

2nd if i have 4 sackbots on screen all in act mode with recorded voices is it not possible for them all to play at once? Can not seem to get this "mob" to all shout at the same time, it is either 1 or the other
My only kther idea is to record all 4 voices on the one recording, but then that one poor sackbots mouth will be going bat shit.

Also is the only way to put imgs in through camera and not a cleaner img off my usb hdd?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Is there any way to differentiate the lbp3 made levels and the past 2 games?

Yes, hit R3 on any catagory and then untick everything except LBP3. You won't find many though, I'm sure the community are hard at work but I reckon it will take at least 3 months before we start seeing substantial levels of a high quality.

Haxxona

Banned
Yes, hit R3 on any catagory and then untick everything except LBP3
Ahh cool I needed to know that too for when I only want to play lbp3 maps
Just a quick question, can you do local co-op with the Vita as well as a DS4?
Remote play works perdectly as long as you connect your vita. However streaming and shareplay doesn't work when you are remote playing because it can't stream to two places at the same time.

Anyone know when the patch that fixes the Prologue bug is coming out? Their workaround did nothing for me, heck I couldn't find the menu item it asks for. I can't get around this any other way. I literally can't play the game past the prologue and it sucks.

Top Bottom