• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Nice thread, Takao. :)

It's 1.6GB in Europe and 1.1GB in North America. The difference is due to the number of supported languages.

Thanks! Neat, small advantage for my US account as I am very low on space.

Mario007

SCEE's doing Vita bundles for everything. LBP, PlayStation All-Stars, Need for Speed, FIFA, LEGO Lord of the Rings, Assassin's Creed, and CoD are all getting Vita bundles in Europe. North America? Just CoD and AC.

As for the Asian bundle, here's the bundle exclusive stuff it comes with:

Syi8r.jpg
jcLMd.jpg
w632E.jpg

Well it's obvious SCEA really needs a shake-up and I wish House or Kaz would be ballsy enough to do it.

Takao

Banned
Probably already asked in other threads, but... if I buy it from the Store, will I get any preorder DLC?

With Gravity Rush, and a few PSP games you had an early bird window. If you get the game within the first two weeks or so you'll get the DLC. That hasn't been confirmed for LBP Vita yet, but it should be the case.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Probably already asked in other threads, but... if I buy it from the Store, will I get any preorder DLC?
ala Gravity Rush

Yes! If you buy the game from the PS Store within a week of its launch you will get both, the BioShock costume pack and the Gold Knights of Old costume pack. 6 free costumes! And all of them will work in LBP2 and Karting as well.

Mondriaan

I've been doing that, but still, rough.
I'll give my tips for acing that part of the level.

The initial missile volley is probably a little bit of luck. Go off to the side and either run sideways if the missile is coming straight down or use the jump pad if it's coming in from the far side. When you have two missiles coming in, you need to either be extremely lucky or be near a jump pad and time a jump so that you're going up when the first missile is going fast and you want to be falling down when the second missile is going fast. Basically I got lucky with that timing and can't give you better tips than that.

After you get the gloves, park near one of the jump pads and immediately throw away the missiles that come from the far side (preferably in the direction it came from). Only toss the missiles that come in from your near side and use the jump pad to jump before tossing.

When you are heading over to the other side, jump/toss away all missiles that come at you. Don't keep any of them until you are on the other side and have disposed of at least one far side missile. Also, you can take your time getting to the other side.

This will get you through the first and second cycles.

On the last cycle, your platform will be teetering and the boss will change its pattern. It will shoot two missiles from a side before it switches. Immediately toss away all the missiles until you become comfortable with the missile rhythm.

Your strategy should be to immediately toss away the second far side missile and the first near side missile. The other two missiles are safe to use, assuming that you aren't unlucky with how the missile targets you (most of the ones that miss should be going over head, but a few might strike near the platform and the explosion could get you).

VanWinkle

Finally beat that last boss. Great game! Can't wait to start playing some community stuff when the servers go up.

I'll give my tips for acing that part of the level.

The initial missile volley is probably a little bit of luck. Go off to the side and either run sideways if the missile is coming straight down or use the jump pad if it's coming in from the far side. When you have two missiles coming in, you need to either be extremely lucky or be near a jump pad and time a jump so that you're going up when the first missile is going fast and you want to be falling down when the second missile is going fast. Basically I got lucky with that timing and can't give you better tips than that.

After you get the gloves, park near one of the jump pads and immediately throw away the missiles that come from the far side (preferably in the direction it came from). Only toss the missiles that come in from your near side and use the jump pad to jump before tossing.

When you are heading over to the other side, jump/toss away all missiles that come at you. Don't keep any of them until you are on the other side and have disposed of at least one far side missile. Also, you can take your time getting to the other side.

This will get you through the first and second cycles.

On the last cycle, your platform will be teetering and the boss will change its pattern. It will shoot two missiles from a side before it switches. Immediately toss away all the missiles until you become comfortable with the missile rhythm.

Your strategy should be to immediately toss away the second far side missile and the first near side missile. The other two missiles are safe to use, assuming that you aren't unlucky with how the missile targets you (most of the ones that miss should be going over head, but a few might strike near the platform and the explosion could get you).

I ended up beating it, but I used about that exact strategy. Thanks!

I am horrible at platformers. Is LBP accesible or will it be a frustration fest for me?

All the LBP games are quite accessible. The story modes have all been pretty easy, but very fun, and this one seems to be no exception so far. So you'll be fine!

ttocs

I'm surprised it's being release a whole week early. Can't wait to pick it up after work today.

Grisby

Been playing a lot. Jackpot city is freaking awesome. Favorite area so far and the music finally picked up too.

Some of the touch stuff is hit or miss for me but man if this isn't a sharp version of LBP. A lot of fun.
How do i import my costumes?
I don't think you can until the servers go up.

I'm also wondering about the Bioshock costumes that were supposedly included on the online pass. I don't see them in my inventory.

TheMink

Been playing a lot. Jackpot city is freaking awesome. Favorite area so far and the music finally picked up too.

Some of the touch stuff is hit or miss for me but man if this isn't a sharp version of LBP. A lot of fun.

I don't think you can until the servers go up.

I'm also wondering about the Bioshock costumes that were supposedly included on the online pass. I don't see them in my inventory.

Ah thats what i thought.

Thanks!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I still wish the header image was used on the box art. It's still the best piece of art for LBP ever. >_>

Of course, I'm getting the PSN version so it wouldn't really matter to me but still!

I'll be picking it up a few weeks later. I gotta save some cash since I'm buying DOA5 day-one before this was date announced. >_>

Boss Man

Man, this game looks incredible and I adore LittleBigPlanet. I've just never been big on handhelds, I couldn't even keep a DS long without selling it. You guys upload some cool videos for me to watch.

Iacobellis

We're gonna need to round up people for Trophy boosting.

Game is awesome so far, really loving the touch functionality. The mini games are alright.

We're gonna need to round up people for Trophy boosting.

Game is awesome so far, really loving the touch functionality. The mini games are alright.

I'd be up for this! :D

I hardly have any trophies on my Vita yet b/c besides beating Uncharted I've been playing Persona 3: FES non stop :3

Iacobellis

I'd be up for this! :D

I hardly have any trophies on my Vita yet b/c besides beating Uncharted I've been playing Persona 3: FES non stop :3

I still have to finish Uncharted on Crushing and grind for the gun and bounty trophies. My PSN is in my profile if you want to start getting people added now.

ttocs

It seems that gamestop is the only store who is honoring the early release (lack of street date.) Bestbuy.com and other stores still say it's coming out on the 25th.

ryushe

Disliked LBP1 (Hype did me in) and LBP2, while a step up in all areas from its predecessor, still bored me to tears (Fantastic music though), so I really hope the 3rd times the charm with LBPv.

Iacobellis

Disliked LBP1 (Hype did me in) and LBP2, while a step up in all areas from its predecessor, still bored me to tears (Fantastic music though), so I really hope the 3rd times the charm with LBPv.

The game is less floaty and there are more customization tools built-in without the need for DLC. It's only been a couple days but the soundtrack didn't bring me in as much as the first game's did.

I can't really think of a reason you would hate the first two games, but think this one is going to change your mind. It's a lot like the first two.

GAF (myself, jaeyden, gruntosuk) worked on this! Hope you guys like it!

And of course, send all complaints, comments, and candy to our lovely Community Manager, Syroc. :p

U2NUMB

I am super tempted on this one based on the reviews and impressions. So what is the big advancement in the online that the reviews are talking about?

Might be my first Vita game guy since launch.

VanWinkle

My one disappointment would be that the soundtrack wasn't nearly as memorable as the first two games. A couple of good catchy songs in there, but otherwise underwhelming. My favorite was the first level in the third world (with the 80's vibe and the old electronics everywhere).

Top Bottom