• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Decided that as I have £130 on a store card I will use that to buy some PSN credit and buy this game digitally instead of on a card.

Have a feeling I will be swapping to total digital now after having lost my carry case holding 6 games in it. At least it would just be a case of replacing a memory card should I lose one. Picked up a 32GB card cheap and already have a 16 so should be fine for a while.

Shikoro

Protip: the microphone is on by default, so keep that in mind if you're planning to play co-op on the toilet like I just did. -_-

Holy cow, I laughed out loud. Hahaha

BTW, Takao doesn't seem to have seen my PM for the fixed banner, so here it is.
If it's still needed...
tmsbjsqut.png

Yay! This is now in stock on Amazon, and my order should be delivered tomorrow. So stoked! :)

It's strange it took them til today to decide to ship it. There were also some reports yesterday that Sony was telling people to stop selling it.

For example, Gamestop's site is now showing it as having a release date of 9/25 again.

So weird.

This game has been incredible thus far and I'm not even done the story mode. The depth of the mini games are on a different level from the console LBP. It's pretty amazing to think that this is the best version of the series.

Now I really hope the talented community can create something incredible for us early adopters.

orioto

Good Art™
So what about the better physic i heard about, concretly ? Cause i always wanted to have fun with LBP but i just hate the physic...

So what about the better physic i heard about, concretly ? Cause i always wanted to have fun with LBP but i just hate the physic...

The character movement and jumping is just slightly tighter than before. That is all. It still feels like a LBP game, which in my mind means it feels great. ;)

This game has been incredible thus far and I'm not even done the story mode. The depth of the mini games are on a different level from the console LBP. It's pretty amazing to think that this is the best version of the series.

Now I really hope the talented community can create something incredible for us early adopters.

Good to hear you guys are really enjoying the game so far. :)

I really didn't enjoy that back touch controlled level. :/

Otherwise the game is great. Just wish there was a little less touching of the screen required.

Shiv47

Been playing through this over the weekend, and only have the final boss battle left. By far the best Vita game I've played. Looking forward to working through the mini-games and creating some levels. I never bothered with the console versions, though I'm thinking about going back and playing through them now.

The Beta of this was truly wonderful, so I'm really glad it's getting the praise it deserves. I just hope that translates into sales!

That said, not a day 1 for me. Probably a day 14 or 21... I'm a bit broke right now and moving house, so I can't go around ordering stuff online. Will be reading the thread though, just to see the kinds of stuff people are playing from the community.

If I could afford a Vita on my current budget, this would be the game that would sell it to me. It honestly was one of the most enjoyable games I played at Gamescom and it controls perfectly. I was actually enjoying it a lot more than LBP and LBP2, mainly due to the much more refined controls and the clever ways the dev. incorporated the rear and front touch functionality into the games design.

Amazing game, and to me it definetly is a plattform defining game.

VanWinkle

I really didn't enjoy that back touch controlled level. :/

I didn't like it either, but for some reason the game in the arcade section that is controlled with the back touch works great. I feel more in control. It doesn't do anything unique but it does get my hand out of the way of the touch screen and doesn't feel any worse for it, so its a win in my book.

It's strange it took them til today to decide to ship it. There were also some reports yesterday that Sony was telling people to stop selling it.

For example, Gamestop's site is now showing it as having a release date of 9/25 again.

So weird.

Well hopefully Amazon actually ships it today, then. I look forward to playing it tomorrow if that's true :)

Grinchy

Banned
My copy says it will be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait. Wednesdays are long days for me so it'll be a perfect way to unwind when I get home.

Rootbeer

Banned
I got the shipping confirmation from amazon today, but the strange thing is when I go to look at the tracking page, it says it shipped on the 17th... hmm... it will be delivered tomorrow, though.

I think amazon is already rolling out their same day and next day shipping here, because i notice packages have been arriving much faster. often they come the next day even if I select 2 day shipping. I'm a prime member, too.

i'm about to go on a costume spending spree when it arrives. i want to get those muppet costumes, maybe some marvel costumes too.

Grisby

Just played my first few co-op levels. Some lag but it was definitely playable. Great times. Some how I missed some items though, :/

Got two more levels before the final boss. The game really picks up in the 3rd world and doesn't let go. It kind of stinks that the training wheels are off but I'm almost done with the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Protip: the microphone is on by default, so keep that in mind if you're planning to play co-op on the toilet like I just did. -_-

Hahahahaha. I think the first thing I do in EVERY LittleBigPlanet is check the online privacy settings just for making sure the mic/camera/stuff isn't on unless I'm playing with friends.

KalBalboa

Banned
Just played a three player cooperative game online with singe strangers courtesy of Starbucks wifi. Ran better than expected, got some trophies too.

Here's hoping some more levels pop up for download soon.

mclem

Is there any word on how big the PSN release is? I'm aware I'm going to need to clean out the fridge, I'm hoping just dropping Escape Plan is sufficient.

KalBalboa

Banned
Spare Part Pursuit is my favorite level thus far. I was worried the campaign would peak with Jackpot City, but the physics "puzzles" and use of rear-touch in Spare Part Pursuit were really fun and involving.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Guess not?

Anyway, ordered it from Amazon. This will be the first LBP game I've purchased.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My girlfriend is having a blast with it, but has one question: How does she download her LBP2 Journey skin to the VITA?

fernoca

About the online pass/preorder costumes:

-The insert included in all copies is for the online pass, same as all first party Sony games with online multiplayer. The sheet mentions the preorder costumes; but it was a mistake.

-The preorder costumes are separate. Gamestop gives the codes printed on your receipt (is automatic if you preorder so you can't beg for one if you didn't preorder). Amazon sends the code 1-2 days after shipping the game...and so on.

In other words: the insert included is for the online pass only. I just redeemed both codes through the SEN site. :)

About the online pass/preorder costumes:

-The insert included in all copies is for the online pass, same as all first party Sony games with online multiplayer. The sheet mentions the preorder costumes; but it was a mistake.

-The preorder costumes are separate. Gamestop gives the codes printed on your receipt (is automatic if you preorder so you can't beg for one if you didn't preorder). Amazon sends the code 1-2 days after shipping the game...and so on.

In other words: the insert included is for the online pass only. I just redeemed both codes through the SEN site. :)

On the contrary yes you can. All they have to do is print up a backup code.
I'll try redeeming my pre-order code now.

Top Bottom