• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liz cheney (Dick Cheney's daughter) is anti-gay marriage, creates rift in family

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What's worse: that she would flip flop and use it for political gain or she is really anti-gay marriage with a sister who is gay.

It's not like it's some far off boogy-man to her, she must really not care about her own flesh and blood. Talk about family values.

Acorn

What's worse: that she would flip flop and use it for political gain or she is really anti-gay marriage with a sister who is gay.

It's not like it's some far off boogy-man to her, she must really not care about her own flesh and blood. Talk about family values.
Not really. Politicans tend to be heartless pricks that will do or say anything for votes.

How I feel about Dick has nothing to do with anything his family do. I don't need the opinions of his family to make a more nuanced opinion about this man.

I wanna see a documentary about Dick. Were he spills the beans. Maybe it will come in 20 or 30 years, but I wanna see it. When he opens the vault to all the secrets. With reflections and consequences.

McNamera did the same a while ago in this doc. It's very good; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOp3pUCHGow

She's running for office in one of the most conservative, worst states, of course she's going to say that. She HAS to say that. That doesn't make it less reprehensible, but a Cheney showing themselves to be soulless in a grab for "power" isn't news in America.

The fuck? I assure you republicans are not the only people who liked to keep family conflicts in the family.

Republicans, the self proclaimed champions of the family, found attacking another (non traditional) family for political posturing. Fucking Republicans indeed.

pa22word

Republicans, the self proclaimed champions of the family, found attacking another (non traditional) family for political posturing. Fucking Republicans indeed.

Then why did he quote the bit where Cheny is only saying "we handle family matters privately" and saying "Fucking republicans"? As if that's something people don't do as a general thing?

The fuck? I assure you republicans are not the only people who liked to keep family conflicts in the family.
It's a big wedge issue that is being used for political gain on the backs of a minority group which includes her sister that she grew up with.

It's below the belt politics .

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Would that still roll if she was anti-interracial marriage or anti-education for non-white people or something like that? It's just an opinion, right?

One issue is denial of rights provided under the law, the other is the denial of licensing , because of the law/requirements needed to be licensed. Even if you were a gay man you could get married to a woman they arent going to ask if your gay. It's how the license requirements are met thats the issue, not something more basic that acknowledges the rules must apply to all.

This is the acknowledgement of a relationship two men or two woman are free to have *hmmm in most states anyway bet some still have laws against even having a relationship*.

The debate is should states/government promote gay marriage with a license , just permit it *basically what it is now* or prohibit it *see Russia*. There are obvious reasons why man and woman coupling are promoted in countries , they make more people to tax , families with strong parenthood and stable environments self govern, etc etc. Some would ask wtf would i license any other coupling for then. The state wants to promote the benefits of male and female coupling because, when in a stable , loving environment it benefits everyone that they bring into the society.

People can get married if they find someone to do the ceremony but the license from a government concerned with stability and money. Why is it needed for any other coupling of people? I would argue that a relationship between people regardless stabilizes them so instead of a lone person that cant find an opposite sex partner a same sex partner still would give benefit and warrant licensing for the good of stabilizing the most people possible. Maybe that relationship encourages them to achieve more and that helps them succeed and helps the economy or something. Or i get to tax them more, more money for the state Thats something that can be argued for changing the requirements of a license.

But calling a license a right then saying your denying RIGHTS .... There was no beginning of marriage in the US they just promoted it because of the obvious benefits and self government it provides. But if the relationship is not going to produce children or domesticate a male *see thats what a marriage does for men* why does it require a license? Especially when theres the freedom to have the relationship already. There's a bunch of reasons that can argue the license should be changed and a bunch of reasons to preserve the male female standard.

Polygamy has the same issue , people in my area just marry one lady then do their own ceremonies for extra wives.....not illegal just not licensed by the state. I think they are muslim so they are permitted to have more than one wife. They can have the wives but only one is recognized by the state. So its kinda the freedom *multiple wives, same sex, animals??* or falling in line situation *man and woman* we have with marriage.

TS-08

One issue is denial of rights provided under the law, the other is the denial of licensing , because of the law/requirements needed to be licensed. Even if you were a gay man you could get married to a woman they arent going to ask if your gay. It's how the license requirements are met thats the issue, not something more basic that acknowledges the rules must apply to all.

This is the acknowledgement of a relationship two men or two woman are free to have *hmmm in most states anyway bet some still have laws against even having a relationship*.

The debate is should states/government promote gay marriage with a license , just permit it *basically what it is now* or prohibit it *see Russia*. There are obvious reasons why man and woman coupling are promoted in countries , they make more people to tax , families with strong parenthood and stable environments self govern, etc etc. Some would ask wtf would i license any other coupling for then. The state wants to promote the benefits of male and female coupling because, when in a stable , loving environment it benefits everyone that they bring into the society.

People can get married if they find someone to do the ceremony but the license from a government concerned with stability and money. Why is it needed for any other coupling of people? I would argue that a relationship between people regardless stabilizes them so instead of a lone person that cant find an opposite sex partner a same sex partner still would give benefit and warrant licensing for the good of stabilizing the most people possible. Maybe that relationship encourages them to achieve more and that helps them succeed and helps the economy or something. Or i get to tax them more, more money for the state Thats something that can be argued for changing the requirements of a license.

But calling a license a right then saying your denying RIGHTS .... There was no beginning of marriage in the US they just promoted it because of the obvious benefits and self government it provides. But if the relationship is not going to produce children or domesticate a male *see thats what a marriage does for men* why does it require a license? Especially when theres the freedom to have the relationship already. There's a bunch of reasons that can argue the license should be changed and a bunch of reasons to preserve the male female standard.

Polygamy has the same issue , people in my area just marry one lady then do their own ceremonies for extra wives.....not illegal just not licensed by the state. I think they are muslim so they are permitted to have more than one wife. They can have the wives but only one is recognized by the state. So its kinda the freedom *multiple wives, same sex, animals??* or falling in line situation *man and woman* we have with marriage.

A lot of the things you are saying about gay marriage could be and was said about interracial marriage. If someone pushed to keep allowing interracial relationships but denying licenses for interracial couples, would you say it was just a denial of licensing issue?

The act of voting itself wouldn't bother me, but if she asked me about it, I'd tell her the truth because we've always been honest with each other. And it would definitely piss her off.

Also, I'm not one to hide my political views, and depending on how high her ambitions go, I could prove to be a political liability for her. I'm not saying I'd publicly denounce her, but it wouldn't be hard for someone to discover that she has an outspoken brother who disagrees with her on pretty much everything.

Really, though, she's the odd one out among the three of us. My other sister is every bit as liberal as I am.

good, good.....

also Liz Cheney is gonna get destroyed by Enzi so who cares

Liz is trying to compete in a Republican primary for a US Senate seat. She HAS to be anti-gay marriage or she has no chance of winning.

Why is Mary Cheney and her wife mad about? She was an out women who said nothing while supporting and working for a candidate who was trying to pass the Federal Marriage Amendment. It's politics and she played the same game.

hayguyz

Banned
Dick Fucking Cheney.

Can you imagine Christmas with the Cheney's? That has got a be a house just filled to the brim with assholes. I still cannot believe that Dick not only got a heart transplant but some new never before done technique. He even wrote a book about it!

What do you teach your children when this greedy, evil robot ruins America, shoots a guy in the face, and treats his own heart like a piece of shit only to walk away free and clear each and every time? We live in an evil world and all the proof you need is Dick Fucking Cheney.

as I read this, I kept hearing the Shaft theme play in my head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom