• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. Preorder set.

as a person with a fulltime job i love me some short burst games.
beside unlocking stuff, what else is there for replay value? Diffrent endings? Highscore mode?

you have to level up your character (not possible in one playthrough)
Yes, three different highscore-modes (time, points, medals) besides story mode
I also heard that there are two endings but I'm not sure about that.

I like that if you quit the game in story mode, you will continue from the last (near) checkpoint and don't have to restart from the beginning of the level

NeoRausch

you have to level up your character (not possible in one playthrough)
Yes, three different highscore-modes (time, points, medals) besides story mode
I also heard that there are two endings but I'm not sure about that.

I like that if you quit the game in story mode, you will continue from the last (near) checkpoint and don't have to restart from the beginning of the level

Sounds just like my game! Thanks for the responds PD!

about that uncut stuff: were you really sarcastic as the other poster guessed? I guessed you weren't 'cause sexieness and zombie slashing were no problems last time i checked.

ekim

Uncut in Germany - I can confirm this. I read an official statement from devs regarding the usk 16 rating a few days ago. Just google it :)

The official twitter account replied to me this morning, saying they are preorder bonuses only - I did ask if they would be made more widely available. It is very non-committal, but take that for what you... Curse the ones behind the decision, if we in the UK have no opportunity to get the Evil Dead costume (outside of paying inflated prices over eBay... >.<)

It's distributed by Warner Interactive. History suggests they'll try and nickel and dime customers later with costume DLC. It would be unusual for them not to.

Thanks for the info guys. Lets hope we can eventually see them available. Retailer exclusive dlc really blows =(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For those wondering on game length, multiple people have reported that their playtime is somewhere between 4-7 hours long for the story mode, but it's also been said this game has a very high level of replayability. This is because there is a lot of unlockables, from new modes, difficulties (and unlike Shadows of the Damned I hear the harder difficulties are actually freaking difficult and change enemy AI, item location, number of enemies and item, includes harder enemies as well as some new enemies, and more), new enemies in these other modes/difficulties, unlockable costumes, art, music, moves, leveling up Juliet, and the stages themselves have a lot of secrets and some side-quest stuff, as well as online leaderboards, and two endings (I think it's two, might be three).

However, if length is how you judge purchases and you only care about story mode, it is true this game can be beat in 4-7 hours. I've been hearing that some of these extra modes (from perma-death mode to some of the score modes) have new enemies and remixed locations in some example.

Himself

For those wondering on game length, multiple people have reported that their playtime is somewhere between 4-7 hours long for the story mode, but it's also been said this game has a very high level of replayability. This is because there is a lot of unlockables, from new modes, difficulties (and unlike Shadows of the Damned I hear the harder difficulties are actually freaking difficult and change enemy AI, item location, number of enemies and item, includes harder enemies as well as some new enemies, and more), new enemies in these other modes/difficulties, unlockable costumes, art, music, moves, leveling up Juliet, and the stages themselves have a lot of secrets and some side-quest stuff, as well as online leaderboards, and two endings (I think it's two, might be three).

However, if length is how you judge purchases and you only care about story mode, it is true this game can be beat in 4-7 hours. I've been hearing that some of these extra modes (from perma-death mode to some of the score modes) have new enemies and remixed locations in some example.

I hope everything you say about what makes the game repayable turns out to be true. It sounds like a real actual video game!

SUPARSTARX

Yeah, there's less life refill lollipops you can use during battle later on so your execution has to be spot on for harder difficulties.

I'm like maybe 75% through with the game. I like it so far. The music in the game is awesome btw

NeoRausch

I hope everything you say about what makes the game repayable turns out to be true. It sounds like a real actual video game!

Oldscool pixelated brofist!

But yeah, soundreally great. Somehow i got the feling of a brawler with this game. Don't even ask me... You know...like on saturdays in the early nineties. Playing street of rage alone cause you buddy wasn't there.

It's gonna be so refreshing having just finished Max Payne 3's bloated single player campaign yesterday, to diving head first into this tomorrow.

Dusk Golem

I haven't played it yet myself, but that's what the couple people who played it here said, what my friend said, what others around the internet are saying, and what the first couple of reviews said (one was horribly translated by Google though as the site is Arabic). To detail it completely, this is what I've pulled from all the impressions of people who have played it and beat it:

-The game is fairly easy on the lower difficulties, but actually fairly challenging on the harder ones.
-The scoring system the game uses is a lot of fun, having a good balance of various things you can do in a stage to affect it, from collecting medals and defeating zombies, to doing sub-missions in stages, time, execution of special moves successfully, and other contributors.
-All of these can be used for a few score modes that get unlocked, which there are a total of three, based on time, score, and medal collecting.
-The high score mode of levels aren't the same as the story mode version and have been reported to include new enemies, an increase in enemies, or in some cases changed stage layout.
-The game has at least two different endings (this is based off of the game's achievements and reports, but there is a possibility of a third ending I hear but cannot confirm)
-The game has unlockable difficulty modes, including a perma-death mode where you have to get through the whole game with one life.
-Not including the pre-order costumes, there are 19 costumes you can unlock in the game outside of the default.
-You can buy music to play while you play stages in the shop.
-You can also buy artwork from the shop.
-Enemy AI changing based on your difficulty setting has been confirmed
-Harder enemies appearing on harder difficulties also has been confirmed, with a few enemies exclusive to the harder difficulties.
-If it isn't already evident, this game has a stage select option (they obviously heard the complaints from Shadows of the Damned)
-Juliet has a 'level' that you upgrade over the course of playing. I actually don't know if this level applies to the score modes, though.
-You can buy new moves for Juliet.
-I don't have a confirm on this, but I've heard that unlike Shadows of the Damned where the bosses only got more health when on harder difficulties, on harder difficulties in this game they get more aggressive and sometimes have new moves or are prone to use their deadlier moves more often.

There might be some things I'm forgetting, but that's about what I remember.

Has there been any word whether the pre-order DLC will go up for sale eventually? I really want to get the Best Buy costumes.

No word yet, the developers said they were exclusive to pre-order bonuses, but I'd be surprised if Warner didn't put them up for purchase.

I love when games reward players for replaying the game and having a ton of extra content on disc(that isn't there as wallet-rape dlc).

Bless suda and his old school game design.

I haven't played it yet myself, but that's what the couple people who played it here said, what my friend said, what others around the internet are saying, and what the first couple of reviews said (one was horribly translated by Google though as the site is Arabic). To detail it completely, this is what I've pulled from all the impressions of people who have played it and beat it:

-The game is fairly easy on the lower difficulties, but actually fairly challenging on the harder ones.
-The scoring system the game uses is a lot of fun, having a good balance of various things you can do in a stage to affect it, from collecting medals and defeating zombies, to doing sub-missions in stages, time, execution of special moves successfully, and other contributors.
-All of these can be used for a few score modes that get unlocked, which there are a total of three, based on time, score, and medal collecting.
-The high score mode of levels aren't the same as the story mode version and have been reported to include new enemies, an increase in enemies, or in some cases changed stage layout.
-The game has at least two different endings (this is based off of the game's achievements and reports, but there is a possibility of a third ending I hear but cannot confirm)
-The game has unlockable difficulty modes, including a perma-death mode where you have to get through the whole game with one life.
-Not including the pre-order costumes, there are 19 costumes you can unlock in the game outside of the default.
-You can buy music to play while you play stages in the shop.
-You can also buy artwork from the shop.
-Enemy AI changing based on your difficulty setting has been confirmed
-Harder enemies appearing on harder difficulties also has been confirmed, with a few enemies exclusive to the harder difficulties.
-If it isn't already evident, this game has a stage select option (they obviously heard the complaints from Shadows of the Damned)
-Juliet has a 'level' that you upgrade over the course of playing. I actually don't know if this level applies to the score modes, though.
-You can buy new moves for Juliet.
-I don't have a confirm on this, but I've heard that unlike Shadows of the Damned where the bosses only got more health when on harder difficulties, on harder difficulties in this game they get more aggressive and sometimes have new moves or are prone to use their deadlier moves more often.

There might be some things I'm forgetting, but that's about what I remember.
Ooh, that sounds lovely.

Poyunch

If I remember correctly, attacks are more complicated with boss battles comparing the easier difficulties to the harder ones but knowledge only comes from a trailer I saw a long time ago so I may be imagining things.

Dusk Golem

Got it Friday. Review embargo is tonight/Tuesday at 12:00am est.

That's nice to know. I'm expecting the reviews to be all over the place, but then the reception to Shadows of the Damned was a lot warmer than I expected it to be so maybe I'll be surprised.

I don't have a confirm on this, but I've heard that unlike Shadows of the Damned where the bosses only got more health when on harder difficulties, on harder difficulties in this game they get more aggressive and sometimes have new moves or are prone to use their deadlier moves more often.

If that's true, it sounds alot like NMH.

Giolon

I'm starting to get worried that WB won't let any reviews out until the day the game actually releases. That's generally not a good sign.

I'm starting to get worried that WB won't let any reviews out until the day the game actually releases. That's generally not a good sign.

Well, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, given the positive impressions so far, and the fact they threw a good amount of money into the marketing.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I hope the PS3 ver holds up and runs well. I generally purchase Japanese games on that system exclusively.

I'm betting that the PS3 version will end up being the better one, just because Shadows of the Damned ended up being better on PS3 (and IIRC, that ran on Unreal Engine 3, as well.)

Dusk Golem

And my copy has been shipped! Taken mine likely shipped later than others because I live fairly close to Warner Brother's headquarters.

And my copy has been shipped! Taken mine likely shipped later than others because I live fairly close to Warner Brother's headquarters.

Mine shipped this mornning. I found a place that was offering Best Buy and Amazon's DLC codes, and I'm picking up a version from EB games so I can have them all.

I'm part of the problem. :(

I ordered from Amazon but it'd be nice if someone going to a gamestop/bestbuy could grab me extra codes for those costumes.. probably a longshot though.

matmanx1

Amazon shipped mine today so it will definitely be here tomorrow. Release day delivery is pretty awesome. Does Amazon still put the DLC codes somewhere in your account settings on their site? It's been awhile since I pre-ordered something from them that had a DLC code attached to it.

Amazon shipped mine today so it will definitely be here tomorrow. Release day delivery is pretty awesome. Does Amazon still put the DLC codes somewhere in your account settings on their site? It's been awhile since I pre-ordered something from them that had a DLC code attached to it.

I think they just send you the code in an email.

sarcoa

Finished. No way I'll have a review in time for the embargo unfortunately.

Was pleasantly surprised to see 8-4 listed in the credits. Anyone know the capacity of their involvement? I remember hearing they took care of Shadow's english dialogue so I assume it's the same deal with Lollipop Chainsaw.

Amazn always emails it to me.

jediyoshi

Hmm, I was interested in this for the Tara Strong, but the game looks fun too.

gbucW.gif

Finished. No way I'll have a review in time for the embargo unfortunately.

Was pleasantly surprised to see 8-4 listed in the credits. Anyone know the capacity of their involvement? I remember hearing they took care of Shadow's english dialogue so I assume it's the same deal with Lollipop Chainsaw.

Can you say whether it leans towards buy/not buy?

Top Bottom