• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Is there a time limit in each stage that if drained can lead to a game over screen or does it only matter to end level scoring? For a first run Id want to explore for the collectables and rescue as many classmates (unless that alone is based on time)

Dizzle24

Picking up my copy today at lunch. Can't wait to see my girlfriends reaction to me playing it lol. Maybe she will even want to partake in the cheerleader, zombie-slaying action!

No. Its an old school brawler but not THAT old school.

As far as classmates, they have health bars so technically, there is a time limit. I'm playing on hard mode though and haven't had problems so far. If zombie get to your classmates and depletes their health, they turn into a "super" zombie meaning theyre harder to kill.

Ok will be hunting down and buying on my lunch break.

Odd that there's a lack of trophies/cheevs for beating it on harder difficulties. And Im hearing Normal mode is way too easy...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Ok will be hunting down and buying on my lunch break.

Amen sister.

FkHb9.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Did Gamestop actually give you the display case with that horrible sticker on it?

Haha no this was me waiting in line. The guy was kind enough to include the ash preorder code and the inflatable chainsaw without me having preordered the game, though.

But 5 codes to redeem? Crud.

So ive heard reports that the game is only 4 hours long?

If so thats disappointing.

its between 5 and 6 and it's MEANT to be played over and over again so it should be more like 10-15.

Im gonna do my first run on hard and try to collect as much as I can in terms of wrappers, phone messages and rescuing classmates so it should take me a bit longer. 5 and 6 hour length seems fine for an arcadey brawler like this. Anything more and I'm afraid it would start to become too much.

And now I play the UPS truck waiting game......

at least you'll probably get it during the day. I have to wait until the end of my shift at 5, then fight rush hour traffic to my local Best Buy to pick it up. I'll be lucky to be playing it by 6:30 tonight. I plan on installing to 360 hard drive before playing as well, arrrrgh!

edit: and to add insult to injury, I'm not even sure I'll be receiving the preorder code from them. There's nothing on the preorder receipt about it

My copy shipped yesterday. The 4-5 hour game length means I actually might finish a game. Being married with a 3 year old means the long epic games go unfinished for months.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I can give someone the 'foxy funk' and 'jimmy urine' outfit codes maybe? Don't really care about those + already have 3 costumes I shouldn't have gotten!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The length doesn't bother me in the slightest, as long the game has good replay value. If Lollipop Chainsaw ends up being crap, however, then that's a different story. :p

Its good to hear so many people are getting extra codes. The first time I didn't mind skin preorder bonuses in a long time and ironically all of you are still getting them free without pre-ordering.

sarcoa

So ive heard reports that the game is only 4 hours long?

If so thats disappointing.
It took me closer to six hours but yeah, like everyone else has said, the game is meant to be replayed. The first time is a ride to enjoy the sheer insanity and the others, assuming the harder difficulties do indeed change AI patterns, are for refining techniques, leaderboards, and unlocking everything.

also I repeatedly encountered a pretty weird bug with the PS3 version. A couple times every level you'll have to chainsaw your way through something to 'unlock' a new area. Almost every time I would do this, Juliet would lose the ability to move afterward. She would just stand there and the analog stick would do nothing. I would have to jump/cartwheel a bunch of times in order for her to regain proper movement.

ttocs

After checking out the reviews for this game today, I immediately found something worthy of spending me two promo Amazon codes. Got the game for a cool 25 bucks. Can't wait to play it tomorrow.

If anyone is in toronto and can get to yonge and dundas at 12:00 I can get them 30 dollars off the game at ebgames. I have an extra 30$ off coupon for the game that I don't need.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If you have any 360 codes left I'd be your new best friend. :D

None! Though one of the GameStop codes, the Ash preorder one, is just taped onto the copies behind the counter. Zoom in with your phone and steal a code! No just kidding be good.

What am I to do with this inflatable chainsaw though..

None! Though one of the GameStop codes, the Ash preorder one, is just taped onto the copies behind the counter. Zoom in with your phone and steal a code! No just kidding be good.

What am I to do with this inflatable chainsaw though..

If you don't want it..... hint hint....

Picking up my copy today at lunch. Can't wait to see my girlfriends reaction to me playing it lol. Maybe she will even want to partake in the cheerleader, zombie-slaying action!

i'm grabbing my copy shortly too. my wife has seen the trailers for it and loves the look of the game and wants to watch me play some tonight. she loves Slither and Michael Rooker and bewbs. she also thought Shadows of the Damned was hilarious from what she saw of me playing that.

I know, I know, I'm just bragging at this point.

AwRy108

The 4-5 hour game length means I actually might finish a game. Being married with a 3 year old means the long epic games go unfinished for months.

Same here; but the $45 price tag means a lot, too. Game looks like something I'd enjoy (loved No More Heroes 1 and 2), but there's no way I'm paying $60 for it, esp. considering how fast prices drop these days.

Sanjuro

I'm bored, need a game to play. Other than walking by this at PAX, I know nothing about the game. On my phone at the moment at the store.

Is the game really good? What would it compare to the most? Dead Rising is all I can think of at initial glance.

Edit: also, is it on sale b&m? all I see is the amazon deal.

I'm bored, need a game to play. Other than walking by this at PAX, I know nothing about the game. On my phone at the moment at the store.

Is the game really good? What would it compare to the most? Dead Rising is all I can think of at initial glance.

No More Heroes I'd say...with rainbows and zombies

My copy shipped yesterday. The 4-5 hour game length means I actually might finish a game. Being married with a 3 year old means the long epic games go unfinished for months.
Getting older sucks doesn't it? Worst thing is I still buy games like when I was younger. I've got 30 some odd titles across various platforms that I've only played about 1-4 hours of and yet I still keep buying. My heart sunk last night when I saw that Best Buy had Downpour for $20. Bought that the first week and still haven't finished it :/

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Amazon has the "Rockabilly" costume, and they should be sending out codes anytime from today to two days from now.

I thought the codes were retailer exclusive, but my copy came with a separate code, the Ash one, but also a card with 4 other costumes inside the game box.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Really? So you got ALL the costumes?

7T21Y.jpg

Here. Like mentioned earlier, the actual GameStop costume code (aka the only one I thought I'd be gettig) was just a small paper piece taped to the outside, but this insert has the others. Why does it come with amazon, bestbuy, and GameStop costumes? Oh well holla.

Top Bottom