• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lone Survivor |OT| more Silent Hill than Downpour

Ledsen

Sounded like something I was in the mood for from the thread title, but then I saw the screens. With aesthetics like that, this game really can't give me what I want from a Silent Hill game, even ignoring the lack of mechanical similarties. Demo didn't help!

Play it because it's an awesome horror game, not because you want to play Silent Hill.

Ok, on
the basement
there are a lot of monsters without any space to hidr nearby! Don' want to spend my bullets, so what can I do?

Dascu

Ok, on
the basement
there are a lot of monsters without any space to hidr nearby! Don' want to spend my bullets, so what can I do?

Use flares. You can trade ammo for flares with the guy in room 204. I also suggest saving, running through the basement using up your flares just to map it out and know where you need to be. Then reload your save and now go through the basement in a more efficient manner.

Salsa

bullets are pretty much unlimited, there's a bunch of blue pills on your bathroom's sink.

One thing's for sure: this thread would never exist if Salsa was still resting his shoes on GAF's limbo for banned individuals.

well idk about that but :D

Use flares. You can trade ammo for flares with the guy in room 204. I also suggest saving, running through the basement using up your flares just to map it out and know where you need to be. Then reload your save and now go through the basement in a more efficient manner.

I still haven't reach
Room 204! Gotta check if I have the key for it!
. But yeah, thanks!!

Dachande

I still haven't reach
Room 204! Gotta check if I have the key for it!
. But yeah, thanks!!

If you keep shooting them in the legs, they'll continue to back up and eventually leap onto the ceiling, which will allow you to get past.

There's also a room there in that first corridor with a bunch of meat, and you'll be able to see one of the thin men from the corridor will be lurking in the background. I think if you place a piece of rotten meat in that room, they'll walk in and stay there for the rest of the game.

If you keep shooting them in the legs, they'll continue to back up and eventually leap onto the ceiling, which will allow you to get past.

There's also a room there in that first corridor with a bunch of meat, and you'll be able to see one of the thin men from the corridor will be lurking in the background. I think if you place a piece of rotten meat in that room, they'll walk in and stay there for the rest of the game.

Oh, I always thought that when they leaped in the ceiling they were going to attack me from above looool Yes, I did that in that room! Pretty sneaky :p

JEKKI

whodat?!?!?!?!?!

I started this game!!!

so far so good, but there's so many buttons to use!!

took a while to configure my joy2key lol

kevm3

This is a game I need to eventually get. Finally a return to 'old school' type of gaming. Reminds me of hugo's house of horrors to an extent.

JEKKI

I bought it from the game's website, gotta give the creator all the monies!!

unfortunately the OP does not have a link to this game's website.

o_O

Selkies!

Yea this game is really good. Tons of style, really spooky and it has surprisingly awesome mechanics. Balancing your resources, and trying to figure out what the best course of action was on the fly with limited information made everything super tense, you know, like a survival horror game. That did kind of fall apart during the last area when I realized I had basically unlimited everything.

This game deserves way more attention.

Also, where the fuck was the can opener? Thank god for cheese and crackers.

JEKKI

nooooooo~!!! I was gonna make a post about how I got to
the basement
and am having a tough time coz there's monsters everywhere!!!

but then I noticed;
Ok, on
the basement
sum1 already beat me to it lol.

room 204 eh?!?!?!

JEKKI

woo yah~!! made it to the
outside part
!!!

anywayz any tips on killing
those fatty monsters with the mouth things
??

for one, I learned u can shoot up n down!!

but I swear theyre like bullet sponge, unless u use flare on them first, but flare is a precious commodity!

woo yah~!! made it to the
outside part
!!!

anywayz any tips on killing
those fatty monsters with the mouth things
??

for one, I learned u can shoot up n down!!

but I swear theyre like bullet sponge, unless u use flare on them first, but flare is a precious commodity!

I'm guessing you found
the guy in the back of the gun store
? If so, go to the bathroom in your apartment and get the blue pills and then trade those for bullets. You can keep doing this over and over.

Dascu

I'm guessing you found
? If so, go to the bathroom in your apartment and get the blue pills and then trade those for bullets. You can keep doing this over and over.

Shooting enemies is bad if you want one of the endings though. So in that case, trade your ammo for flares with the "shop dude" in the apartment.

JEKKI

I'm guessing you found
aw yah the brute force method lol not the best way but it works!!

what sux tho is those things move around at such a whack pace that if there's 3 of them in a room it'll take u a flare for each of them just to move past the room!!

and nooooooo ios. what part of "so many buttons" did u not understand?!?!?! lol

JEKKI

whooooo yah I beat it!!!

awesome game ever~!!!

but how do I get different endings?!?! I got
Blue
but there are so many parameters when u beat the game that I get confused o_O

also
I traded all my garfield comics for cat food but only fed the cat once... I didnt wanna keep sleeping to do it daily so what happen when u feed him all the food??

but my save file didnt get erased so maybe I'll jus try myself lol.

and since I'm gonna keep advancing the days, should I take pills to unlock another ending? If so, which pills??

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Just got this from the Humble Bundle and played the very beginning up to
getting the map
so I'm not far into it at all but it is fucking creepy! Need to get some sleep but I feel like I'll be having a good time with this.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Alright, so I want to go through a playthrough to get the red ending but before I go through, anyone know what you have to do to get it? I know how to get the two blue endings and the green ending, but I really don't have much of a clue of how I should play to obtain the red ending and don't want spoilers.

Also curious when we're going to see Update Yellow.

Thrakier

Is there a way to change the controls, maybe usa controller? I can't play it with the arrow keys, they are too small on my keyboard. :(

Picked this up recently from the PSN sale.

This game is awesome. Really awesome. It has a great aesthetic and fantastic sound design; moreover, it doesn't overstay its welcome. More people definitely need to play this.

What's the best way to play this difficulty wise, the easier option or the harder option? First time playthrough here, know very little about the game. Is the harder option the way it was 'meant to be played' so to say?

What's the best way to play this difficulty wise, the easier option or the harder option? First time playthrough here, know very little about the game. Is the harder option the way it was 'meant to be played' so to say?

I just beat this game twice on the Vita (thank you blessed PS+). I recommend playing through it on normal your first time around and expert your next go around if you fancy some trophy hunting.

The 'expert' experience will definitely frustrate if its your first blind play through IMO.

Top Bottom