• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Longlegs | First (terrifying) trailer for the horror film starring Nicolas Cage & Maika Monroe

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
MV5BMzQ5N2U4NzYtYTE4My00MDcwLWI3YWQtM2E1NTEyYTM0MDBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

FBI Agent Lee Harker is assigned to an unsolved serial killer case that takes unexpected turns, revealing evidence of the occult. Harker discovers a personal connection to the killer and must stop him before he strikes again...

Written and directed by Oz Perkins
Cast includes Nicolas Cage, Maika Monroe, Alicia Witt & Blair Underwood

xrnzaaas

That's a great trailer, so refreshing when all other horror trailers seem to be built on the same template. Hopefully the movie will deliver as well, I like both leads.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Decent trailer, got my attention.

Reminded me of the original Alien trailer from back in the day.

Horror twitter over gasses anything these days. I want this to be fire but I can't trust a single horror fan. DEFINITELY going to watch it regardless.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Horror twitter over gasses anything these days. I want this to be fire but I can't trust a single horror fan. DEFINITELY going to watch it regardless.
I feel similar after being bored by Terrifier, but the deciding factor here is Cage.

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Saw this last night. Hard movie to talk about without spoiling anything. It reminds me of ‘Cure’ the Japanese psychological thriller. Nicolas Cage is incredible. He’s kind of hamming it up here, but it‘s fitting for the character. He’s disgusting and unhinged. The movie isn’t trying to get you with jump scares (although there are some of those) as much as it’s trying to get under your skin and creep you the fuck out. It’s tense and really unsettling from the opening scene and that carries through every minute of the film. I walked out feeling genuinely uncomfortable. I haven’t felt that in a while.

Really recommend if you’re interested in seeing this, to go watch it in theaters. The sound and cinematography in this are really well done and will be better appreciated in that environment.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Saw this last night. Hard movie to talk about without spoiling anything. It reminds me of ‘Cure’ the Japanese psychological thriller. Nicolas Cage is incredible. He’s kind of hamming it up here, but it‘s fitting for the character. He’s disgusting and unhinged. The movie isn’t trying to get you with jump scares (although there are some of those) as much as it’s trying to get under your skin and creep you the fuck out. It’s tense and really unsettling from the opening scene and that carries through every minute of the film. I walked out feeling genuinely uncomfortable. I haven’t felt that in a while.

Really recommend if you’re interested in seeing this, to go watch it in theaters. The sound and cinematography in this are really well done and will be better appreciated in that environment.
Can you tell me in spoiler if there is an actual monster or if it is just people having visions and shit?

Bartski

Gold Member
The plot was shit, predictable and frankly boring, worst of all it wasn't scary. Most performances were on point tho, with some great cinematography and audio work. It's a good film worth watching but nowhere near the same league as the genre greats I've seen it compared to. 6.5/10.

dem

The story was kind of a derivative mess. I didn't mind it... but you need to lower expectations big time. Thankfully.. I didn't really have any.
Its like Ari Aster meets Seven... but in the worst ways.

But there was some top notch shots though. A lot of very cool stuff. Too bad it was wasted on this.

On a side note.. I'm not religious in any way. Was never raised with it.
But for some reason... when done the right tone.. "the devil" and satanists are unsettling as fuck to me.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Went in blind to see this because it was playing in the XD, the lieMax equivalent for Cinemark. Didn't know anything about it other than it was horror/thriller and Nic Cage was in it.

Enjoyed the experience even though it was creepy and unsettling. It's a slow burn movie that left me guessing throughout. Is it a serial killer? A cult? Is there a supernatural influence?

Nic Cage was amazing and completely unrecognizable.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Enjoyed the experience even though it was creepy and unsettling. It's a slow burn movie that left me guessing throughout. Is it a serial killer? A cult? Is there a supernatural influence?

Nic Cage was amazing and completely unrecognizable.
What do you mean you enjoyed it "even though it was a creepy and unsettling" you didn't know it was a horror movie?

Alcibiades

What do you mean you enjoyed it "even though it was a creepy and unsettling" you didn't know it was a horror movie?
Hmm, hard to put into words, but I used to never like horror movies, and never really watched but a handful growing up because they scare me. Like jump scares ALWAYS get. But, there is this sort of rush you get from it.

About a decade ago I started going to the movies 2-3 times a week and sometimes the only option left I hadn't seen were horror movies, so I started watched horror movies. To help me get through them, I usually use earplugs (and on rare occasion cover my eyes and look between my fingers lol). I started to appreciate them, and now regularly enjoy them.

The themes and imagery of this movie were disturbing to me. Maybe not as much as when I was younger, but occult stuff still has an effect, and since I didn't watch horror regularly growing up, the violence as portrayed in horror movies almost makes me look away sometimes.

BUT it's enjoyable in the sense that I appreciate horror movies as an art form and I still enjoy the story, dialogue, acting, visuals, sound, etc...

Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: And I didn't know what type of horror it was going to be. When the movie started I got the feeling it was going to be more like Silence of the Lambs type. BTW I don't look at movie posters, watch trailers, read reviews, or even talk about movies before seeing them. If it were up to me I wouldn't have even known Nic Cage was in this or the genre of film. This is also how I normally like to watch movies - go in completely blind without knowing a thing, even the genre is unknown. Improved my movie watching experience and there is no better way TBH.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Hmm, hard to put into words, but I used to never like horror movies, and never really watched but a handful growing up because they scare me. Like jump scares ALWAYS get. But, there is this sort of rush you get from it.

About a decade ago I started going to the movies 2-3 times a week and sometimes the only option left I hadn't seen were horror movies, so I started watched horror movies. To help me get through them, I usually use earplugs (and on rare occasion cover my eyes and look between my fingers lol). I started to appreciate them, and now regularly enjoy them.

The themes and imagery of this movie were disturbing to me. Maybe not as much as when I was younger, but occult stuff still has an effect, and since I didn't watch horror regularly growing up, the violence as portrayed in horror movies almost makes me look away sometimes.

BUT it's enjoyable in the sense that I appreciate horror movies as an art form and I still enjoy the story, dialogue, acting, visuals, sound, etc...

Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: And I didn't know what type of horror it was going to be. When the movie started I got the feeling it was going to be more like Silence of the Lambs type. BTW I don't look at movie posters, watch trailers, read reviews, or even talk about movies before seeing them. If it were up to me I wouldn't have even known Nic Cage was in this or the genre of film. This is also how I normally like to watch movies - go in completely blind without knowing a thing, even the genre is unknown. Improved my movie watching experience and there is no better way TBH.
Creepy and unsettling is my favorite type of horror. I hate jump scares they seem cheap to me.

Movie was great. I'm glad that Oz Perkins is finally hitting his stride. Loved Blackcoat's Daughter but wasn't crazy about his other two films (Netflix ghost movie and Hansel & Gretel). Seems like he should stick to the Satanism lol

Top Bottom