• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for a game like Lament of Innocence that doesn't suck any ideas?

XS+

Banned
LoI is like the bastard offspring of Super Metroid and Devil May Cry, so either one of those (or CV SotN)

And LoI didn't suck but it was pretty slow, easy and plodding at times (except for certain boss fights)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
try blood will tell. it's an action game with story, stats, and item drops. and it kicks ass.

here's a thread that's mostly about samurai comics, but also contains my impressions: http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16135&highlight=blood

and here's bebpo's review, which turned me onto the game in the first place: http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14280&highlight=dororo

but then i kind of hesitate to recommend it, since the review scores are low, and it might be one of those games most people won't "get."

i thought lament was pretty decent, personally, but i lost interest about halfway through. i should get back to it at some point. it exceeded my extremely low expectations, anyway.

XS+

Banned
Instead of the password bullcrap, LoI should have had '@CRAZY' mode accessible from the start (ie. selectable difficulty levels)

XS+

Banned
Tommie Hu$tle said:
One thing I can say about LoI is that at least the story was a bit engaging.
The revelation at the end of the game was the best part of LoI (other than the gruesome Prison of Eternal Torture boss)

Jim Bowie

Tommie Hu$tle said:
Picked up Rygar....boy is it boring. One thing I can say about LoI is that at least the story was a bit engaging.

Give Rygar a little bit of time. It's slow in the start up.

Gribbix

Tommie Hu$tle said:
I have DMC 1 and 2(blah) as well as NG. So I was looking for something that has that action.

I'll second Wario's recommendation of ZOE2. I'll also suggest Legacy of Kain: Defiance. Its a little rough around the edges but is a suitable DMC clone, definately better than DMC2.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Damn, shame you can't play Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden totally restored my interest in this type of game...

It's an absolutely blast to play and is long as hell.

Top Bottom