• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for an affordable gaming laptop

protonion

So I'm on the market for a not expensive gaming laptop.

-Windows
-16-17 screen
-Numpad
-Not running hot
-Good battery
-Quality build
-Non problematic software (I already read some bad things about Asus TUF, a model I had in mind. I have no time for this.)
-Around 1000 EUR

I do not care about performance. Just the best for the budget prioritizing quality (build and software).

Any suggestions? I have combed the internet but all I got was a headache. Too much information.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
A lot of unpopular gaming laptop opinions here but you have Alienware 15r3 which is absolutely amazing and if you play it like normal you can expect fun.

Do what i did and buy a skytech rtx 4060 gaming desktop pc off Amazon for $850 and hook it up to tv.

Excellent reviews on Amazon and 2 year warranty.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
But for the budget we will go for an average gpu. So all the rest will come naturally no?

Is this not decent for gaming for instance?
This laptop is very decent in terms of size and gaming performance - but falls flat on durability as it's primarily composed of a plastic shell. It also looks to be about 1300-1400 EUR. This puts it over the threshold of what I would normally recommend for someone looking for one "around 1000 EUR".

The only laptop available (even on the high end) that satisfies the build quality, performance, battery life, price ratio you're after unfortunately doesn't run Windows.

GHG

For that budget you're not going to get an awful lot in the laptop space for that money.

Any reason it has to be a laptop instead of a PC?

GHG

Sadly, portability is a must for the foreseeable future for me...

Fair enough, hopefully you can find something suitable. If there's a store that does open box/refurbished units where you live you might be able to find a good deal on something, that would be my advice anyway.

Top Bottom