• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age - Gamespot review

AeroGod

Im Halfway through Moria now, I like it alot. Good character customization and i like how new pieces of armor and items actually appear on your characters. As for the game being easy, if you put it on hard it can be pretty difficult sometimes.

Picked it up and its pretty cool so far.

WTF is the deal with your character walking alone and then the other characters only showing up in battles?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
siamesedreamer said:

WTF is the deal with your character walking alone and then the other characters only showing up in battles?

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Final Fantasy. Cutscenes and battles, baby. Cutscenes and battles.

M3wThr33

Banned
siamesedreamer said:

See, other consoles like the GameCube, PS2, and GBA have things called RPGs. While you spend time justifying KoToR, Morrowind and Fable as replacements for them, you are lacking the crucial Japanese RPG selection. These games have been in creation since early NES days with Dragon Warrior/Quest and Final Fantasy.

I'm sure you are tempted to return your copy of this EA title to Wal-Mart now as you have just determined the original idea is not of American descent.

This is a crap RPG. If anyone else than EA had made it (and if it had had another license or just some generic fantasy story) it would have marks around 4.0. Don't bother.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm liking it a bit so far. Nothing spectacular, but it's got fun combat and a great sense of character empowerment, what with the skills, level bonuses, and abundant equipment.

Question regarding a possible hidden area in Chapter 1's Eregion:
Anyone know how to get that chest RIGHT in the beginning of the first chapter, Eregion? You start off near a broken bridge. On the other side of the span is a glowing chest, and if you zoom your radar map out, you can definitely see some paths here. I'm in Moria now, and even tried to travel back to Chapter 1, but I still cannot find a way to access this particular section of Eregion.

For the record, I did 100% of the chapter 1 quests... but that chest! Argh! Thanks in advance...

ManaByte

Gold Member
Mejilan said:
The Balrog fight was just about perfect. Damn, was it beautiful...

I have a feeling that's where most reviewers stopped playing the game...

I'm 6 hours in right now and in Rohan.

How the hell do you switch up which three characters join in on the battles? Ever since the dwarf joined me the archer guy has sat out every battle. How do I get him back in the mix?

Gattsu25

Banned
white button on the xbox controller

the game is a FFX rip-off in so many ways I can't help but laugh....it's more true to FFX than FFX-2 was :D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
In many ways it IS RPG-lite, like most of the reviews say, but I'll be damned if I'm not having fun, flaws and all.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
ManaByte said:
I have a feeling that's where most reviewers stopped playing the game...

I'm 6 hours in right now and in Rohan.
I played through the game, and I'm afraid I must disagree with you -- I found the graphics and battles fun, but the game itself to be very linear and plotless.

demi

siamesedreamer said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah ah ah ah ah ahahhaha ah ahaahah

ha

Top Bottom