• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen 2 to feature shared progression co-op, "more commercial art and narrative". Launching 2026 as EGS exclusive

Bartski

Gold Member
From investor brief:

alJnERm.jpeg

Cyberpunkd

Launching 2026 as EGS exclusive​

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Jesus fuck, what a dumpster fire this industry is. Here, let me ChatGPT you a press release following this launch:

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

### [Company Name] Addresses Challenges Following the Launch of *Lords of the Fallen 2*

[City, Date] – [Company Name] acknowledges the challenges faced following the recent release of *Lords of the Fallen 2* and remains committed to delivering the high-quality gaming experiences our community has come to expect. We recognize that the game did not meet the standards set by both our internal expectations and the expectations of our valued players.

Unfortunately, the launch has been marked by performance issues and a number of quality concerns that impacted the overall player experience. These issues, which were not addressed prior to release, led to frustration and disappointment among our fanbase, for which we sincerely apologize.

Additionally, we understand that elements of the game design and the direction of *Lords of the Fallen 2* have alienated a portion of our long-time community. In seeking to introduce new features, we unintentionally deviated from core aspects that made the original game beloved by its fans. We hear your feedback and are actively working on improving this balance.

Furthermore, the decision to enter into an exclusivity contract for *Lords of the Fallen 2* was made with the goal of bringing the best experience to players. However, we now realize this limited the accessibility of the game and caused frustration within our player base. Moving forward, we will reassess our approach to partnerships to ensure they align with the needs of our players.

Our entire team is fully committed to addressing the concerns and delivering significant updates to improve gameplay and bring the experience closer to what our community deserves. We promise to learn from this experience and to work with greater transparency and responsiveness.

As we move forward, we will continue listening to player feedback and strive to deliver the level of quality you expect from [Company Name]. Our focus remains on creating immersive, engaging, and polished games that honor both new and long-standing fans alike.

Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work diligently to resolve these issues.

Last edited:
This is one way to make me skip your game.

More commercial art style/narrative + EGS exclusivity sounds so utterly unappealing. I bought and enjoyed Lords of the Fallen on PC (Steam) and they already completely killed my interest in what comes next.

Why are game devs trying their hardest to make their games bomb?

StueyDuck

Commercial art... or modern 🤔

While I don't care about the franchise, I do like the idea of pushing co-op into souls likes.

Elden ring isn't my favorite from soft game but replaying the game using the seamless co-op mod on PC changed it completely and made it the best game for me. It just works so well and makes sense

Top Bottom