• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the Universe

FStop7

Banned
The one time I was in line at Sprinkles, this rich European guy (in his 20's) and his trophy gf came out with a box of cupcakes and started taunting the people (holding a cupcake in his mouth -" hmmmm....sooooooo goooooooooood") in line and promptly got into his Ferrari.

If I were baller enough for a Ferrari then A) I would make it rain cupcakes on whoever wants them and B) they'd be a lot better than Sprinkles.

Iceman

Might as well ask here: anyone know where to buy chicken chicharron? As far as I know, it's usually a Filipino product, so maybe sold at Filipino groceries or markets? It's like pork rinds, but made from chicken skin and way better than pork rinds.

Maybe Arko (not the gas station, but a grocery store) in Glendale.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone know about cheap medical cre with no insurance? I can't afford it right now, not that I've ever paid for it on my own.
Those walk in clinics or should I just go to USC care?
I can't get CAL benefits because I have over 3k in assets/savings.
It hit the rest of the team.... well, some are fine, others... not so much. We'll all bounce back eventually, which is what matters.

But thank you.
You are always one youtube hit / reddit link of the day away. Remember that.
If you make something good it will get out there.

LA-gaf

Next month I am planning a trip to visit one of my best friends. Question for you guys especially Koreantown folk. Best Korean BBQ place?

commedieu

Banned
Best gay bar in WeHo on a tuesday night?

Abbey is always on fire. -Can't remember the name of the place directly next to it -, but that place has better music..

Motherload is good for conversation/smokes afterward.... its right around the corner.

Can't say best. But I'd say a good start. For a fucking tuesday... lol. Can't wait till thursday...?!?!

edit:

ha! its taco tuesday too!

Abbey is always on fire. -Can't remember the name of the place directly next to it -, but that place has better music..

Motherload is good for conversation/smokes afterward.... its right around the corner.

Can't say best. But I'd say a good start. For a fucking tuesday... lol. Can't wait till thursday...?!?!

edit:

ha! its taco tuesday too!

We went there last saturday night. It was so incredibly crowded that we couldn't even walk around. We went to the bathroom and the bouncer was an insane jackass. We weren't harassing or talking to him, but we were pushed for some reason. My boyfriend and I got pushed to the floor; my glasses were knocked off and got a hideous scratch that I see constantly now. Not going back there...

thirty

Banned
sf valley peeps go check out jons market on sepulveda and sherman way. it's perhaps my fave market not named fresh n easy or trader joes. jons has an international flare, a great bakery with empanadas on tap, and a food court with italian, mexican, and armenian/persian food.

Zyzyxxz

LA-gaf

Next month I am planning a trip to visit one of my best friends. Question for you guys especially Koreantown folk. Best Korean BBQ place?

Do you want all you can eat or pay or quality over quantity?

If AYCE: try Road to Seoul or Tahoe

If quality try Don Dae Gam or Park's

commedieu

Banned
We went there last saturday night. It was so incredibly crowded that we couldn't even walk around. We went to the bathroom and the bouncer was an insane jackass. We weren't harassing or talking to him, but we were pushed for some reason. My boyfriend and I got pushed to the floor; my glasses were knocked off and got a hideous scratch that I see constantly now. Not going back there...

Well that definitely qualifies as a bad time. But, its still a blast for dancing, strong drinks, and a variety of eye candy.... just avoid bouncers @ the bathroom I guess... I mean you have to be in a certain mood to do the abbey, especially on a saturday. I know what you mean about the crowd though, it doesn't seem legal yet cops are always out front.

went to art walk last week for the first time and had a really good time. went to some galleries, checked out the last book store, saw a fashion show, got 1 am ramen. fun stuff, will go again

Very specific question here but where is a good place to get a haircut in West Hollywood. I'm looking for places familiar with a undercut style haircut, pictured below.

tumblr_lyalvrXH8c1qa20meo1_500.png

LOL WUT

Anyone try it yet?

Last night at 830. There was a line and we waited about 15 mins. When we got up to the machine a Sprinkles employee came out and said they were going to have to restock the machine which was going to take 25 mins. We convinced her to let us get ours even though there were three selections left.

We tried red velvet and vanilla. They were pretty good. I don't think I'll ever go back though. It was more of a novelty than anything else for me.

RawPower

Banned
:p

Pretty much anything. What do you like to do?

Hard to enumerate all of it, but...

Biking, skateboarding, video games (duh), playing music, and a bunch of other shit I can't quite recall at the moment. I love beaches, so I'll have to check that out too. I just wish I knew how to surf (or even swim, for that matter).

Zyzyxxz

Hard to enumerate all of it, but...

Biking, skateboarding, video games (duh), playing music, and a bunch of other shit I can't quite recall at the moment. I love beaches, so I'll have to check that out too. I just wish I knew how to surf (or even swim, for that matter).

Well if you love music you have to check out Amoeba Records, has to be the best music store on this side of the country.

lunchtoast

There's going to be a meetup downtown this weekend, looking like the 24th. Evilore will be there. For more details head to the downtown LA meetup thread.

overcast

So GAF. I'll be in Hollywood tomorrow for a concert. I'm going with my GF, and we'd like to go to a great vegan restaurant in the area? What are the best ones?

Might as well ask here: anyone know where to buy chicken chicharron? As far as I know, it's usually a Filipino product, so maybe sold at Filipino groceries or markets? It's like pork rinds, but made from chicken skin and way better than pork rinds.
Mega late but head over to Toto's Lechon in West Covina. They have what you need there. :)

beat

Mega late but head over to Toto's Lechon in West Covina. They have what you need there. :)

Nice, thanks! Unfortunately, I doubt I will be heading that far eastside with no car very often. I actually did find one Filipino market in or near Culver City, so I will try that out first.

In more general news, Expo Line to open at the end of April!

The long-awaited (and much-delayed) Expo Line that goes from the 7th/Metro Center downtown to La Cienega will open to the public on April 28. Mayor Antonion Villaraigosa made the announcement today to reporters who were on a test ride for the Expo Line, according to Metro's site The Source. By the summer, a new station at Venice and Robertson in Culver City is scheduled to open.

Top Bottom