• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

I keep failing hard beatmaps on the very last stretch, lol. Shit's hard. Fun though.

Well, they're supposed to be hard, there is no difficulty level above, aye?
I have not one Hardmap above C, gotta be better...!

During competition there are expert songs so it can get harder. Also in jpn version you can download harder songs they switch arround but for some reason i dont see them in the english version. Also got lucky during my draw 1 free today :D

1vk8r.png

Chariot

Oh Shit, I am looking forward to further songs. Maybe they bringt them in future updates.

And gratulations to you new cutie pie, m0t0k :D

JoeFu

Banned
Songs are too easy ATM and I want to see what expert is like. Haven't had any trouble clearing hard and full combo'd most of them. Need more LP so I can level up and get new songs...

m0t0k1

Songs are too easy ATM and I want to see what expert is like. Haven't had any trouble clearing hard and full combo'd most of them. Need more LP so I can level up and get new songs...
I have an expert song in the OT so if you are really curious you can check that out.
Speaking about songs to easy i just found this good luck trying that:

http://youtu.be/fCQtTHDwzHc?t=4m30s
Looks like a bemani mod judging by those numbers at the end of the titel.

Yes Chariot i am very happy with my card but man my goal for now is getting an UR card withouth paying for anything. I still havent got one yet and i want one bad :p

JoeFu

Banned
That mod thing looks redonk. How are the later songs and expert though? Do any later songs require more than 2 simultaneous presses? I am having fun with the game though just want a little more challenge. Also the score being tied to your idols does kinda suck. Full comboing a song on hard with my current groups barely gets me to a C . Not being able to binge on rhythm game makes me sad. Want to keep playing :(

lol I was bored so I found some of the songs on Osu! and tried them out.I've never watched this anime and they had what were scenes from the anime playing in the background and what the heck at the animation. is this CG?

Chariot

I have an expert song in the OT so if you are really curious you can check that out.
Speaking about songs to easy i just found this good luck trying that:

http://youtu.be/fCQtTHDwzHc?t=4m30s
Looks like a bemani mod judging by those numbers at the end of the titel.

Yes Chariot i am very happy with my card but man my goal for now is getting an UR card withouth paying for anything. I still havent got one yet and i want one bad :p
Shit, that looks like a Touhou Level!

And good luck with your hunt. May we all get dozens of URs.

Chariot

Possibly one of the best scenes of the current season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4vVt0iXqII
Certainly :D

Currently at 43 Loveca and almost 300k Gold, but I ran out of unbounded Idols. I can only farm now, until I am Rank 25 and have some luck in the scouting and get some new Idols. I swear, I don't want to see Yu Aizawa anymore!

edit:
I want to get used to making gifs/webms. Anyone have anything from LL that he wanted to be ... gif'd? (is that even a word?)

raven777

That mod thing looks redonk. How are the later songs and expert though? Do any later songs require more than 2 simultaneous presses? I am having fun with the game though just want a little more challenge. Also the score being tied to your idols does kinda suck. Full comboing a song on hard with my current groups barely gets me to a C . Not being able to binge on rhythm game makes me sad. Want to keep playing :(

lol I was bored so I found some of the songs on Osu! and tried them out.I've never watched this anime and they had what were scenes from the anime playing in the background and what the heck at the animation. is this CG?

no there are no more than 2 simultaneous press.

some of the harder songs in JP version at the moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx5bTTUIA9Q

is something like this.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
One more song to full combo on hard, that damn mermaid song. There's always one GOOD to fuck up a run.

Chariot

YouTube anyone? I'm curious how it sounds and which "Russian" sounds worse - this, or the iM@S cover of Rise from GITS SAC2. :p
Found nothing. Going to watch Akuma no Riddle now, but after that I am gonna look at some of my files to get scene where she says it. But maybe someone is faster anyway :D

And damn YouTube. I am disappointed, that nobody did a Harasho-Remix yet...!

m0t0k1

I thought it was a soup or something when they first mentioned it? I guess that was part of the joke ._.

Yeah at real first it thought she was saying korosho or something like that meaning like in korosu like to kill thought what the hell she is getting in there but then again this is not that kind of anime then thought about the russian.

Also found the UR i want the most:
1% chance of drawing an ultra rare + getting this card is me playing this game for a lifetime :lol

m0t0k1

The solution is easy, m0t0k. Get rich and buy the company.

:lol I don't think it is legally possible for a foreigner to buy a japanese company. Especially one that is as big as bamco. If i had the power and money i would probably force them to fund Idolmaster and love live! for my wii u. and lots more like god eater and taito etc Also all english releases of course.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
They need to bring over the Senran Kagura card game so I can waste more money >:D

Anyways, fc'd mermaid man, bring on EXTREME.

m0t0k1

They need to bring over the Senran Kagura card game so I can waste more money >:D

Anyways, fc'd mermaid man, bring on EXTREME.

Nice i am still rank 7 in the english version. But i did not do any fc on mermaid festival i shall try to do it in the jpn version now lets go :p.

Chariot

Ok, looks like this is more complicated than I thought.
But alright, I have a improved plan:

1. Turn into m0t0k1 a japanese (we just have to reverse engineer the doujinshi "Transformed into a Busty Blonde")
  2. Force the japanese companies that owns Love Live, IDOLM@STER and Senran Kagura, and also Nintendo to sell themselves for 4 yen to m0t0k (we may have to claim the Yakuza first)
  3. Make the World into an Idol Paradise, where m0t0k1 is the PrimeministerM@STER and we're his evil council of shadowy darkness (we need to wear black all the time)
  4. Idol Nirvana (bliss)

Accoun

If i had the power and money i would probably force them to fund Idolmaster and love live! for my wii u.

I wouldn't have anything against it if not for the fact that in this case you should buy Nintendo first - to make their region lock disappear. I don't want to buy a region-locked console at all.
(also, you could finally make them release SMT4 in Europe, since IIRC they were supposed to do it
;_;
)

Well that's great, I'm glad that Android is getting more things.

It seems like a lot of the Japanese apps and programs and games I would like to try are Japan exclusive and region locked. Or iOS exclusive. So it's great to get more things like this.

Next time I get on my Android tablet, I'll have to try this.

m0t0k1

Ok, looks like this is more complicated than I thought.
But alright, I have a improved plan:

1. Turn into m0t0k1 a japanese (we just have to reverse engineer the doujinshi "Transformed into a Busty Blonde")
  2. Force the japanese companies that owns Love Live, IDOLM@STER and Senran Kagura, and also Nintendo to sell themselves for 4 yen to m0t0k (we may have to claim the Yakuza first)
  3. Make the World into an Idol Paradise, where m0t0k1 is the PrimeministerM@STER and we're his evil council of shadowy darkness (we need to wear black all the time)
  4. Idol Nirvana (bliss)

Guess you are the evil puppet master behind the scenes:lol People already do love idols arround the world but they are all focused on different parts. When you look to japan a lot of it has to be "cute" in amerika idols need to be more sexy and in europe we have
Yodel idols

I wouldn't have anything against it if not for the fact that in this case you should buy Nintendo first - to make their region lock disappear. I don't want to buy a region-locked console at all.
(also, you could finally make them release SMT4 in Europe, since IIRC they were supposed to do it
;_;
)

Yeah i am also disapointed with nintendo these days when it comes to region locking yes and the acounting system but at the moment it is slim pickings in console world all have some kind of bad things arround them sony creating a xbox360 2.0 with creating paywalls and ms chasing that goose called the living room. I still remember the days i could import Jump Ultimate Stars and Ouendan. But they still give the most japan oriented vibe so i would like to see more of those games coming to wii u and localised it will be the only console + pc for me to support this gen but i guess i dont play my pc that often. Also have 3ds and Vita who get the most playtime i am sure to get the Bibi version of love live when that arrives. But stopped buying 3ds completly because of the rune factory 4 thing it was my biggest reason of getting a 3ds and it promised to give me rune facory and did not get it. Thinking about selling my 3ds and getting an 4.5 3ds and use homebrew to remove region lock.

Also tried mermaid festival but my multitouch is spacing so much i did that hard part correct arround the 100 notes but then a dual press fucks it up. Time to quit this game for today.

Lastly Holy hope you enjoy this game :)

Chariot

Guess you are the evil puppet master behind the scenes:lol People already do love idols arround the world but they are all focused on different parts. When you look to japan a lot of it has to be "cute" in amerika idols need to be more sexy and in europe we have
Yodel idols
jbXOF1iyYIlgd.png

But yeah, every nation has its own idols. But I dislike the western kind, I know very well, that the japenese are heavily controlled to be perfect and so on, but that's what an idol is. In the west we have of course a lot of good musicans, but the media like it more if they have scandals. Dumb stories about divorces, drug nights, bude pictures and "shocking" shows. It so much depends on polarizing so hard, its sickening.
And it does have a certain impact on the kids.

edit:
Yay! I drew 10 scouts and two of them were Rs. Umi and Nico are now mine!

m0t0k1

jbXOF1iyYIlgd.png

But yeah, every nation has its own idols. But I dislike the western kind, I know very well, that the japenese are heavily controlled to be perfect and so on, but that's what an idol is. In the west we have of course a lot of good musicans, but the media like it more if they have scandals. Dumb stories about divorces, drug nights, bude pictures and "shocking" shows. It so much depends on polarizing so hard, its sickening.
And it does have a certain impact on the kids.

OMG i am laughing so hard at that picture can't wait for an UR of Conchita He/she will probably have a special full grown wood chopper beard and chopping wood while standing with one foot on the trunlk and laughing kind of UR :p

Yeah but i guess everybody loves a good scandal people always see these stars as stars. If they can show things like diforces and drunk nights it shows these people are only human. People just love the dirt i am also not a big fan of that but it really is human nature to be jealous and stuff and to see people who have it "too good" fall or maybe that is just the culture i live in :p .

Also the japanese idols have indeed a whole different side of the coin i like these cartoon idols because it is very light bubbly and cheery. But the real life idols behind all the glitters and smiles there are really dark and shady practices going on. except for maybe the super stars. Also i really dislike this concept of forcing pure on these girls. They are human why can't they have a boyfriend? and if they do why are they called sluts instantly? Why cant they go out for a night of fun and drinks? Why can't they be sometimes rude or pissed off? the sweetness feels so fake and acted like a fairy tale. But yeah i like it for them to keep it real but that will probably never happen. But it should not be that for everything the media and fans goes into shaming these idols.

To wrap it up i like all kinds of idols but i judge them for their singing not on what life they have. Of course they have to set an example for the kids, but kids aren't stupid if they do something wrong you can point it out no reasons for hiding out the truth of what some people really are. They will always encouter these kind of people and it is for a parant to educate on what is right and wrong. When they grow into teenagers they also will experiment and drink and stuff all you can do is point out the dangers of some kind of things. Hope they learn some life lessons.

edit: nice on your draw :D

chrono01

Up to 48 Loveca Stones now, just two more and I can do that 10-pull.

Of course I need to wait for the guaranteed +1 SR event to start [if NA gets it, which they should] so I'll be saving my Loveca Stones until then.

Edit - 51 Loveca Stones now, due to new player bonus!

Just awaiting the event now...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
One unexpected thing I got from the whole F2P thing is that because it takes money to play a game until your energy recharges, I don't automatically restart a song if I miss a note or something anymore. It's kind of freeing in a weird way. I used to really get frustrated with ouendan songs cos I'd miss a single note or something, but now I just grab the XP and put down the phone for a while.

It's bizarre how this system really works for rhythm games
See, the way I play music games is that if I miss a note, I want to restart and start from the beginning, so it's frustrating to me.
I've taken to playing the Japanese version so that I can at least have two practice tries before playing on my American account. Of course, because of my luck, I actually S'ed a couple of songs on the JP version that I haven't been able to do in the US version. :p

Also, apparently Expert difficulty is purely random, which just sounds insane.

MSMrRound

Started LLSIF with Maki. No regrets.

Gave me a chuckle when I idolized my Smile Maki and she shows up wearing a bikini set. Was expecting idol outfits or something..guess it's her other versions...

There are now 9 very clear and distinct fingerprint marks on my phone formed in a semi-circle. I wonder why...

MSMrRound

I just can't pass hard.

I'm terrible at rhythm games...but try taking your Pure R characters along. If I'm not wrong, the main Love Live cast will have certain skills like "Stamina recovery".

I had a Pure Hanayo and Pure Honoka from Honor Student Draws, and their stamina recovery helped me loads of time.

Another is to idolize/level up your cards so that they can give a boost to your total amount of stamina. E.g 17 Stamina vs 23 Stamina might not seem much, but I have scraped past songs with 3 stamina or less left. Try using the auto-sorting function to piece together the strongest team that you can have available.

JoeFu

Banned
Ugh have to rank to 27 for next story/ song? What the heck......... Just got to 25 :(

Full combo'd all available songs finally. The mermaid one took me the longest to get because of the weird tempo change or whatever halfway through.

Pangya

I've already spent quite a bit on love gems... although I did pull 3 SRs in one 11 recruitment.

On a side note, does anyone else here play/collect Weiss Schwarz cards? The Love Live set is coming out next Friday in English, and I'm guessing School Idol Festival will eventually make its way over in English also. I bought a trial deck and pulled this:

Pretty happy since Umi is my favorite.

stryke

Edit - I could only complete the tutorial and when it downloads the extra data the app crashes.

Found a way to get this working on rooted phones/tablets.

I did a quick skim of the thread but I didn't see anyone mention this method so forgive me if it's already been covered.

What you need is Rootcloak Plus and Cydia substrate - do not confuse this with the normal Rootcloak that other people have suggested already. Personally I've also tried disabling SuperSU and all that but it didn't work.

Rootcloak Plus works in conjunction with Cydia Substrate which allows it to do a lot more.

Cydia Substrate (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saurik.substrate)
RootCloak Plus (https://play.google.com/stor/apps/details?id=com.devadvance.rootcloakplus)

Installation instructions (copied off from the creator on XDA)

1) If you are on Android 4.4+ (KitKat), you need to install SELinux Mode Changer and set it to PERMISSIVE: ( http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...mrbimc.selinux )
2) Install Cydia Substrate. You must install it, then open the app and Link Substrate Files, then reboot!
3) Install RootCloak Plus.
4) Reboot your device to enable RootCloak Plus. Substrate will probably tell you to do so.
5) Open RootClock Plus settings (just open the app from the launcher), and then go to Add/Remove. This is where you will change which apps RootCloak hides root from.
6) If the app you want is not among the default apps, press the + button to add it. Find the app in the list, and press it to add it to the list.
7) To apply changes, you MUST reboot your device!
8) Run the app to see if root was successfully hidden.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just got back to playing again and finally got to idolize the blonde... she gets a BIKINI!? Best girl ever.
Wait, do they all get bikinis?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Found a way to get this working on rooted phones/tablets.

I did a quick skim of the thread but I didn't see anyone mention this method so forgive me if it's already been covered.

What you need is Rootcloak Plus and Cydia substrate - do not confuse this with the normal Rootcloak that other people have suggested already. Personally I've also tried disabling SuperSU and all that but it didn't work.

Rootcloak Plus works in conjunction with Cydia Substrate which allows it to do a lot more.

Cydia Substrate (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...urik.substrate)
RootCloak Plus (https://play.google.com/stor/apps/de....rootcloakplus)

Installation instructions (copied off from the creator on XDA)

1) If you are on Android 4.4+ (KitKat), you need to install SELinux Mode Changer and set it to PERMISSIVE: ( http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...mrbimc.selinux )
2) Install Cydia Substrate. You must install it, then open the app and Link Substrate Files, then reboot!
3) Install RootCloak Plus.
4) Reboot your device to enable RootCloak Plus. Substrate will probably tell you to do so.
5) Open RootClock Plus settings (just open the app from the launcher), and then go to Add/Remove. This is where you will change which apps RootCloak hides root from.
6) If the app you want is not among the default apps, press the + button to add it. Find the app in the list, and press it to add it to the list.
7) To apply changes, you MUST reboot your device!
8) Run the app to see if root was successfully hidden.

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier, but I had to use the other Xplorer version, because the Substrate version didn't work for me.

Of course, my tablet is too shit to run it well so I can't play it above normal anyway, so... doing JP and US versions on my iphone.

I am curious though - on the phone I play it by tapping with my thumbs... how would you play it on a tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom