• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
English version really wants me to like Hanayo and Rin or something. Have gotten 3 Rin and 2 Hanayo card so far OTL. At least I got one Maki and Eli today.

m0t0k1

I am curious though - on the phone I play it by tapping with my thumbs... how would you play it on a tablet?

I usually play with my index vingers. I have my phone lying on a flat surface and then press the buttons. Or you could go full on hardcore mode and use this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAdWKBs9eKM

Also i have no experience but if you guys can confirm it works i could add stryke his method or Bob is methoud to the OP about rooted devices?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I usually play with my index vingers. I have my phone lying on a flat surface and then press the buttons. Or you could go full on hardcore mode and use this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAdWKBs9eKM

Also i have no experience but if you guys can confirm it works i could add stryke his method or Bob is methoud to the OP about rooted devices?

Jesus. lol If nothing else, you can at least see the screen when playing.

I thought about the "hunt and peck" method, but I don't think I can get used to jabbing simultaneously.

For rooted devices, I would say try Substrate first and if it doesn't work, try Xplorer. I guess the other option would be to unroot your device.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That goofy ass button stick is only required because he's trying to play on a phone instead of tablet. Understandable.

stryke

Well unfortunately I return with bad news. I can get through the whole tutorial stage but after it downloads the extra data the app crashes.

edit - okay, rootcloak v1.3 works for me now (thanks firehawk!!). I'll continue experiment with Cydia/rootcloak plus to see if there are any workarounds but I'm pretty convinced the Xposed Framework/Rootcloak v1.3 is the most guaranteed method for now.

m0t0k1

Well unfortunately I return with bad news. I can get through the whole tutorial stage but after it downloads the extra data the app crashes.

edit - okay, rootcloak v1.3 works for me now (thanks firehawk!!). I'll continue experiment with Cydia/rootcloak plus to see if there are any workarounds but I'm pretty convinced the Xposed Framework/Rootcloak v1.3 is the most guaranteed method for now.

Strange that it only works with v1.3 hope it keeps working for you. Let me know if it is stable :) I believe there is also a way for people to use an android emulator for pc to make this game work but i can't confirm that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh weird, Chapter 5 is the last chapter available in the English version. I hope progress carries over when they unlock new stuff. :p

m0t0k1

Oh weird, Chapter 5 is the last chapter available in the English version. I hope progress carries over when they unlock new stuff. :p

Reading the news in the app i believe we are getting new content at the end of may so that is a pretty long wait :( also don't expect events to happen in the meantime i guess.

Got an SR Maki in a sun hat!

Also got two R Rins, but lack the coins to fuse 'em into idol form.

Nice maybe you should try to do a couple of easy songs and S rank and combo them to get some money and fuse them. If your team is a bit weak you could also use them both in your team.

Took me four tries but i did mermaid festival hard on full combo with s-rank. :D
qccj1.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The level progress does carry over so if your level exceeds the next story chapter unlock requirement when it does release you can play it right away.
That's cool. Hopefully I can stay ahead of the game then.

Reading the news in the app i believe we are getting new content at the end of may so that is a pretty long wait :( also don't expect events to happen in the meantime i guess.

Nice maybe you should try to do a couple of easy songs and S rank and combo them to get some money and fuse them. If your team is a bit weak you could also use them both in your team.

Took me four tries but i did mermaid festival hard on full combo with s-rank. :D
I'm just practicing songs and grinding levels at this point. Of course, I started getting S-ranks as well... but only when playing the Japanese version. It's like the game is taunting me.

Also, the Japanese version has WAY better pulls using friend cards. I got 40 different cards using it, whereas in the US, I blew all my friend points and haven't seen a single new card at all beyond the one muse card I got. I almost wish I could swap progress. lol

Strange that it only works with v1.3 hope it keeps working for you. Let me know if it is stable :) I believe there is also a way for people to use an android emulator for pc to make this game work but i can't confirm that.
Yeah, 4chan has a thing you can search for.

No clue if it works, but using the number pad to play is almost like using a full joystick. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is the worst!
49 Loveca... @.@
I'm at 48. Haven't even gotten any new idols so I'm stuck waiting for the free ones that they give.

(24/25 idolized, yarg).

--

Oh yeah, for people playing the JP version, how do you start a score battle event? I know there's that giant big button in the middle of the screen, but it's not clickable.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Need to idolize two more normal cards, then I have their complete set. Perhaps I will sacrifice them once I have a complete green, blue, and red set (of rares).

kaiyo

Edit - I could only complete the tutorial and when it downloads the extra data the app crashes.

Found a way to get this working on rooted phones/tablets.

I did a quick skim of the thread but I didn't see anyone mention this method so forgive me if it's already been covered.

What you need is Rootcloak Plus and Cydia substrate - do not confuse this with the normal Rootcloak that other people have suggested already. Personally I've also tried disabling SuperSU and all that but it didn't work.

Rootcloak Plus works in conjunction with Cydia Substrate which allows it to do a lot more.

Cydia Substrate (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saurik.substrate)
RootCloak Plus (https://play.google.com/stor/apps/details?id=com.devadvance.rootcloakplus)

Installation instructions (copied off from the creator on XDA)

1) If you are on Android 4.4+ (KitKat), you need to install SELinux Mode Changer and set it to PERMISSIVE: ( http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...mrbimc.selinux )
2) Install Cydia Substrate. You must install it, then open the app and Link Substrate Files, then reboot!
3) Install RootCloak Plus.
4) Reboot your device to enable RootCloak Plus. Substrate will probably tell you to do so.
5) Open RootClock Plus settings (just open the app from the launcher), and then go to Add/Remove. This is where you will change which apps RootCloak hides root from.
6) If the app you want is not among the default apps, press the + button to add it. Find the app in the list, and press it to add it to the list.
7) To apply changes, you MUST reboot your device!
8) Run the app to see if root was successfully hidden.

This worked for me, thanks.

m0t0k1

I'm at 48. Haven't even gotten any new idols so I'm stuck waiting for the free ones that they give.

(24/25 idolized, yarg).

--

Oh yeah, for people playing the JP version, how do you start a score battle event? I know there's that giant big button in the middle of the screen, but it's not clickable.

You can only start the event when the event is on. The event now says 5/5 till 5/15 so now it is only for show i can now look at my scores and what ranking i got which is arround 190.000 so i got like 4 stones for participating the higher ups get 2 SR cards. So it is worth it to rank high. They will remove it once the new event start my guess is that it starts next week or the week after because usually there is a week or two break before the new one starts.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, fair enough.

Also, the two songs at the end of Chapter 5. They're so fucking cheap with the flurry of notes right at the beginning. I hate to watch youtube videos to try to get ahead of a music game, but I guess I'm going to have to to it. lol

Shun

Well shit, Rank 27 and Full Combo'd all the hard songs. No more songs and nothing left to do till they update.
53 loveca with nothing to spend it on.

Time to go back to the JP version and practice on expert.

Ok. So. Every time you get bond points for someone it adds to their complete total. If you look at your profile, you can see who has the top three bond points. My 1# right now it Kotori, at 300 bond. BUT I only have 1 idol version of her (aka two cards joined to 1) with a max bond of 200. How is she at 300?

Before I idolized her, I maxed both cards (100 + 100), then I idolized her and she went to 100/200 and maxed that bond ( +100), for 300 total.

This means if I keep getting generics, and maxing their bond, it's possible to make them the 1# bonded character on my profile. I have no idea what else this number can be used for. Guides stat bond helps give higher stats, but I don't know if it's the single card's current bond, or the total bond gathered for that character so far.

Anyhoo, to be a nut I'm going to max bond on both cards before idolizing for my R/SR/UR from now on.

Yui

The savest way is to use a card with the exact same skill (name AND level) as fodder.

Edit: Dangt it too late again. >_>

Chariot

Yeeeees, spread the Love Live Avatars.
(Do you have any Maki Avatars. I am not satisfied mine, since it has the damn background)

Chariot

I would be so happy if you could *___*

edit: Thank you so much for the cool avatars, Blacksafs (/・ω・)/

chrono01

What determines how an idol gets special practice, even with the same club member nothing gets highlighted?
You should be able to fuse the exact same member assuming their rank(s) are the same.

I'm sitting on 52 Loveca Stones, I really wish they'd start that 10+1 SR event. It sounds as though I'll be waiting until the end of May, though. :(

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
My brother gave me a $15 itunes card he got from his work raffle. The first thing I thought about using it on was this....

Rahk

So I've received a new player bonus (3 love gems) three or four days in a row. Is this a glitch or intentional?
Like most Dragonesque games they probably give you a whole bunch of gems to start off with as a new player, then cut you off once you get hooked. Later on they may still give out some free ones to everyone throughout the month, but it won't be as many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom