• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Ceris

Neo Member
These are crazy people, right? I mean this would be a not-insignificant amount of money in terms of Loveca to get to this point, right?

I'll estimate he's spent about 400-500 gems. Draws aren't that important to him, he has dozens of idolized URs, I've seen his cards, since he was streaming until he started failing songs on purpose.

Ceris

Neo Member
He posted about it on Reddit actually

http://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/comments/2p82so/why_i_am_failing_songs_on_purpose/

My estimation might be off now that I think about it, he probably spent about 400 to get to the 700k mark, but he's still going with a whole ton more gems. I was talking to the #2 guy, who was streaming along with Umidah, he said it'd be an insane about, close to 1000 gems, to get past the 1mil mark just failstrating all the way.

GrandHusk

My phone it's dying I think this will be my last event in a while. I'll still come to the new year draw though.
Also finally got Hanayo
9iKuowHl.jpg

oh maaaan, I was finally approved after 2 months. just posting first before I deal with other miscellaneous stuff after being approved.
Welcome!
So many new members coming to the best thread.
:')
I know that hard is more efficient, but only I'd do that again for a card that I really wanted.

fek

I got my first EX medley FC earlier

I needed some cheering up, Mimorin usually helps. I should really watch Milky Holmes already.
Do it! I know comedy depends a lot from person to person, but at least to me Milky Holmes is very funny, a nice show for cheering up. Plus there's a lot of Mimorin if you decide to watch the lives and tv/livestream shows

He posted about it on Reddit actually

http://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/comments/2p82so/why_i_am_failing_songs_on_purpose/

My estimation might be off now that I think about it, he probably spent about 400 to get to the 700k mark, but he's still going with a whole ton more gems. I was talking to the #2 guy, who was streaming along with Umidah, he said it'd be an insane about, close to 1000 gems, to get past the 1mil mark just failstrating all the way.
....w......hoot?
I'll take this as a good thing and respond with:
^v^

JoeFu

Banned
I S rank all expert songs unless I mess up an FC so yeah it's more efficient, especially in saving time and battery life.

Welcome new person!

GoXDS

I S rank all expert songs unless I mess up an FC so yeah it's more efficient, especially in saving time and battery life.

Welcome new person!

Lol thnx. it's more efficient in time and battery life sure. the extra exp, for a free player, is relatively small compared to exp to Lvl so you may or may not benefit there. LP-wise, Hard would be more efficient because of 100% S while occasionally getting A in Expert would be less efficient (ignoring player base for Hard vs Expert though I'd argue less people would FC in Expert thus higher potential to outscore them, too).

you know if you were able to S Rank all songs and always 1st place, in 7.5 hours, that's 5 Hard or 3 Expert. 5*245 = 1225 pts. 3*408 = 1224 pts.

even if I could S Rank Expert (my Smile Team can't S Rank all songs yet T_T), I'd probably stick to Hard for a long time. I'm much less likely to mess up when playing right after waking up. and I'm afraid of the non-free players that most likely play only Expert =P

GoXDS

yup. Score Match has guaranteed pts but it's 1/3 that of the base pts. eg. Hard gives 163 Base, 55 if you failed.

the new event, Score Medley, also gives pts if you fail provided that you're doing more than 1 song and finished the 1st song at least (though you get about 1/4 base pts if 2 Song Medley and 1/6 the base per song if 3 Song Medley)

JoeFu

Banned
Nice! Glad it's a smile. Even though promo cards usually suck, it should be better than any of my rares when fully leveled.

Himemiya

While I could manage two Umi events, the next one should be diary Nico and since the diary cards are usually silly outfits, we're probably gonna get santa's workshop elf Nico

Gingerbread Nico!
Don't do this, I might spend loveca

JP side, I only have 2 smile SRs so ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ

Yui

...the next one should be diary Nico[/B] and since the diary cards are usually silly outfits, we're probably gonna get santa's workshop elf Nico
What if the next event is a score match? Like in a "Token - Score Match - Medley - Score Match - Token" rotation.
This way they could keep going a lot longer without having new songs.
I mean, they only introduced Medley Festivals for that reason, right?

Just an idea though.

Kumubou

I think one thing people miss about Hard/EX in Score Match is that player skill matters a fair bit more on Expert, so if you can consistently FC those songs you'll be able to make up the gaps in your teams. Whereas on Hard it seems like everyone can FC the songs free and it just comes down to who has a better team.

Even if EX isn't more efficient, I couldn't see myself playing an entire score match event on Hard, due to the cost in time and sanity.

Yui

I just wonder if that would kinda cause the game to feel a little more grindy, since the scores for medley festival and score match are the same.
Yeah, I think it would.
And once she gets her diary event, I wonder how they will do the next token event, like will they use more bits of school idol diary books or what.
I guess so. Since they added the diary story button to the UI, I would assume they will use it for quite a while. And not just 9 stories.

pariah164

Welp. I tried to open the Love Live game on my phone and it doesn't wanna update. Claims it can't obtain the download list. RIP phone account I barely used.

redhairedking

I just realized the event ends tomorrow, not Tuesday. I'll need to burn some mad loveca to get SR Hanayo. I need like 4k more points.

edit: And I just had the second realization that I don't care enough especially considering I have an actually challenging exam tomorrow morning

Hey, I did something dumb and wondering if one of you guys can bail me out here.

I bought a $50 iTunes gift card. There was some music I wanted to buy, but it was only on iTunes, not Amazon, Google, etc. So, since I don't own any Apple products nor did I want to sign up for/install iTunes on my computer I bought the gift card and was going to buy/download the stuff on my mom's account at her house since I swung by today to help her out with some things. Turns out, iTunes actually only has like one album and that album only had like six songs. So I ended up not redeeming the gift card and now I need to do something about it. Just wanted to see if anyone out there wants to trade an iTunes gift card for a Google Play one, figure I can at least spend this money on idorus or something.

Top Bottom