• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucha Underground Season 2 |OT| Wrestling is fun again, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and a fellow gaffers spot is right above the office. It's cool interacting with the wrestlers when they enter and exit right behind us.

Kaladin

Something for the OT:

Ways you can watch Lucha Underground Online Legit:

Sling TV: $20 / month base package includes El Rey Network streaming.

FUBO TV : $10 / month base package includes El Rey Network streaming.

Both services have limited On Demand functions of past shows.

I'm so ready for this. Season 1 was amazing and if you have any interest in wrasslin' you should check it out - it's miles ahead of the crap WWE churns out on Monday Nights.

Excited to see what the new additions to the roster, including a particular man of mystery(o) brings to the table.

Aiii

So not worth it
Something for the OT:

Ways you can watch Lucha Underground Online Legit:

Sling TV: $20 / month base package includes El Rey Network streaming.

FUBO TV : $10 / month base package includes El Rey Network streaming.

Both services have limited On Demand functions of past shows.
Thanks.

Foffy

Banned
Only thing I'm fuzzy on is the whole Gift of the Gods belt thing. Only things I know is that it grants "immortality" and a guaranteed title shot. But once you use the title shot, don't the medallions disperse? So you have a title shot belt that you have to defend, which would be interesting but only if title shots are rare and difficult to come by. It just comes across as a half-baked idea.

1. Mil
2. Puma
3. King Cuerno
4. Angelico
5. Pentagon Jr.

I thought the seven medallion thing was like the Dragon Balls: get all seven and you get a wish, or in this case a title shot.

Lucha wrestling is kinda weird with some championships. I know LU is loosely based on Mexico's AAA promotion, but I know next to nothing about their rules and gimmicks for belts. I know CMLL has a belt that can only be one through a champions tournament, though.

Jamie OD

I thought the seven medallion thing was like the Dragon Balls: get all seven and you get a wish, or in this case a title shot.

Lucha wrestling is kinda weird with some championships. I know LU is loosely based on Mexico's AAA promotion, but I know next to nothing about their rules and gimmicks for belts. I know CMLL has a belt that can only be one through a champions tournament, though.

Championships don't really mean much in Mexico. There are so many that it's hard to keep track. Winning other wrestler's masks or hair is usually seen as a bigger accomplishment.

Having recently caught up on Lucha Underground my favourite things about it were that they booked the card to get all of their performers over and let their big guys have interesting move sets. Fave five:

1. King Cuerno
2. Mil
3. Pentagon
4. Son of Havok
5. Mac

They need to start doing the earthquake camera shit with all of Mil's flatliners or just give him a better looking finisher though. You can't have a monster who punches men to death then have him pull out one of the worst moves in wrestling to finish them.

Aiii

So not worth it
This is basically WMAC Masters.

What a wonderful comparison, Sunny, indeed a great description. Just fun.

They need to start doing the earthquake camera shit with all of Mil's flatliners or just give him a better looking finisher though. You can't have a monster who punches men to death then have him pull out one of the worst moves in wrestling to finish them.

Jesus no, keep that Kevin Dunn shit at home. I don't mind Mil's finisher that much, but if you feel it needs to be changed, just change the finisher and not introduce the WWE shaky cam. :D

Kaladin

12507690_1149291401762716_7213251513156199450_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No matter how bad the Rumble is, this is gonna satiate my desire for fun.

Aiii

So not worth it
Really looking forward to see what new ways Angelico has to attempt to kill himself this season.

cDNA

They should move out of El Rey network as soon as they can, that channel is losing a lot money for Univision and I don't be surprised if is axed soon.
Should be interesting if one of the streaming companies decides to invest in Wrestling, Netflix please!

Aiii

So not worth it
Robert Rodriguez is one of the financers of LU, so I wouldn't expect it to move anywhere else anytime soon.

Xater

Gonna try and keep up with LU this time. Fell off last time despite enjoying everything I saw. Kinda hope they will do a video about what previously happened. Or did they maybe put something like that out on social media?

Kaladin

Just a heads up, FUBO TV, the cheapest way to watch El Rey Online only has their DVR service enabled for live soccer matches. So if you want to watch LU that way, you have to be able to catch it live.

I need a legit on demand outlet for it, I work when it airs.

Zombine

Banned
God damn I have so much excitement running through my veins. The thought of having a full season with Mil and Catrina makes me sweat.

Dthomp

I am so excited for S2 of LU. Thanks to sling I got to catch up on the first season since I didn't pick this show up til towards the end of the season.

I've been watching wrestling for almost 30 years and I can tell you the only other times I've been this excited for something was the return of HBK in 2002, the Rise of Daniel Bryan and now LUCHA UNDERGROUND!!!. Every character has a purpose, and a reason for everything that they do. This type of storytelling is what helped create the most successful timeframe the WWE had during the Attitude Era.

Super long time lurker here in the WrestlingGAF world, so this may be my first Fave 5, and it feels so right it's for LU

1. Prince Puma
2. Mil Muertes
3. Son of Havok
4. King Cuerno
5. Ivelisse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom