• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucha Underground Season 2 |OT| Wrestling is fun again, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed up for that FuBo.tv site, works pretty well - there's a 7 day trial, $9.99 a month. El Rey streams in perfect HD, but there's no VOD unfortunately. Looking forward to watching Lucha Underground live tonight :)

I'm going to attempt to watch it on my phone through Sling as I promised friends that I would attend our usual Wednesday team trivia tonight.

I can't wait.

bigkrev

Ugh, Fios here appears to have dropped El Rey completely- I was paying extra for it last year, but that option is gone now.

I really don't want to pay $20 a month for Sling TV just to watch this. I'll hope they get on one of the spanish channels again, and hope they keep putting the main events on Youtube.

Ithil

TNA Mecca is a TNA fanboy community. It is exactly as bad as you picture it now.

But why would a TNA fanboy say "sports entertainment"? Given how gung-ho they all are about parroting TNA's "we're totally wrestling, look we're saying wrestling, everyone!" line.

abundant

Tonight is gong to be a great night for wrestling. You got the start of Lucha Underground Season 2 and Joe vs. Corbin vs. Zayne on NXT.

ngower

Joining in on the whole "Why can't I watch season 1 legally" train. It's BAFFLING that they didn't make a deal with Netflix or Hulu or even YouTube to get episodes up for streaming. If they had put them all up on YouTube for like 24 hours in the month leading up to the second season, or whatever, I think it would have been genius. But alas. I'm pretty sure mi madre doesn't have El Rey network, but hoping I can watch through the Xfinity app online.

ngower

>implying they haven't been trying to

I suspect if the desire was there, they could have really pushed for it to get out by the start of season two. I am not questioning the inevitable release of a physical product (BR, DVD) but to not have some way for fans to watch outside of the YT recaps is just weird to me.

I suspect if the desire was there, they could have really pushed for it to get out by the start of season two. I am not questioning the inevitable release of a physical product (BR, DVD) but to not have some way for fans to watch outside of the YT recaps is just weird to me.

I mean you can't force a company to purchase your content. As far as I understand, they have tried to get some traction with these streaming providers.

ngower

I mean you can't force a company to purchase your content. As far as I understand, they have tried to get some traction with these streaming providers.

When Yo-Kai Watch was first coming stateside, they put their first episode online for free and then every day another episode would go live and the one before it would go away. I think something like that, on their own YouTube channel, would have been a great way to get the product out there before securing a more longterm streaming deal and/or releasing a Season 1 disc.

That wouldn't require anyone to purchase their content. The only thing I could think of would be El Rey wanting to monetize and not allowing it to be released, but even then they could have just put it on El Rey's YouTube channel. Either way, I'm just a bit let down that I've got so much catching up to do ON TOP OF trying to keep up with Season 2.

Hell, Mr. Robot episodes were up On Demand and streaming for free this week so that people could catch up before season two premieres.

I've seen a few episodes and loved it, but I still wish they would just put up the whole season on itunes. I can't watch wrestling in the WWE, AAA format anymore -well, AAA is more doable- but I can totally do the 36 or so 1 hour episodes a year.

DJChuy

I had no idea I had the El Rey Network until maybe halfway through the season, but I was able to catch up on some of the earlier shows during that marathon. Great stuff and excited for tonight. They should put out more merchandise. At least a best of DVD since merchandise is kind of lacking and would give fans another way to support them.

A few of these luchadores come near my city, and tickets go for less than $10.

point eludes

Neo Member
Super jazzed about this. I feel compelled, mostly for selfish reasons, to spread the word on how great it’s been (I want it to stick around AT LEAST a few more seasons, with a halfway decent budget).

S1 took a while to find its voice, but after a rocky start (a bit too much Pimpinela and Mascarita Sagrada, as someone alluded to earlier), but sometime around Aztec Warfare, it figured out exactly what type of show it wanted to be, and was pretty much all-awesome, all-the-time.

And despite its over-the-top nature, it’s the most logically-booked wrestling program in years. Characters would have arcs/feuds with definitive beginning, middles, and ends, after which they would disappear for a while and return with a retooled look, motive, storyline, etc.

But mostly importantly, there was tons of stuff that was just plain cool, assuming you embraced its campy glory – Drago being an actual dragon, Bael being consumed by a monster, and so on.

I’ve been doing my best to avoid spoilers as much as possible, so I’m not even 100% sure who’s coming or going this season (aside from the couple obvious ones) but I’m hoping they utilize Cage and King Cuerno a bit more this year.

Top 5:

Fenix
King Cuerno
Pentagon, Jr.
Puma
Mundo

To quote Life of Brian, You lucky, lucky bastards :(
Hopefully i'll be able to catch up tomorrow online somewhere. Jammy sods, especially those of you going to the party or who go to the matches. Give an extra loud Ciero Miedo for me in the UK would ya? :)

Mil is basically Shao Khan now

CZwFdpyWEAAQenk.jpg

Lum1n3s

Mil is basically Shao Khan now

CZwFdpyWEAAQenk.jpg
Lucha Underground has to be my favorite show of all time, it entertained me so much to the point where I was hooked and marathoner that bad boy. Glad to see the 2nd season is now soon upon us and as always we can expect some great moves and matches.

Favorite wrestlers in this order...

5. Son of Havok
4. Prince Puma
3. Johnny Mundo
2. King "Coke/Roid" Cuerno
1. Cage

Cage has to be one of those wrestlers that I was skeptical of at first especially with that machine promo before he came out and because he's bulky as shit. Yet, the guy can move and easily became my favorite once he had that Puma match.

hSIS7SM.jpg

hOJAnlF.jpg

Plus Weapon X

gYUGzqS.jpg

Kaladin

I caved and subbed to Sling TV. Mostly for Lucha Underground. The service is $14 / month for T-Mobile customers so that helps.

Dthomp

Man I'm excited!!!

I'm not used to going into a wrestling show these days without just expecting it to be bad. (All I have had access to is WWE til now). Now I just need to avoid the wiki and spoilers so every week can be new excitement and wonder on who/what I'll get to see :)

Watching Season 1 of Lucha Underground for the first time now, and just got through Ep. 5. Really enjoying it, and I have *so much* more to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom