• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucha Underground Season 2 |OT| Wrestling is fun again, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dthomp

First a great match, and what seems to be Son of Havok/Ivelisse/Angelico coming? This is 1000x better then Monday night already

Kaladin

I'm not able to watch for a couple of hours.

Glad to see it hasn't missed a beat. How is it for someone who might not have got all the way through season 1 before? Is it easy to pick up?

Branson

I'm not able to watch for a couple of hours.

Glad to see it hasn't missed a beat. How is it for someone who might not have got all the way through season 1 before? Is it easy to pick up?
I've watched the recap video on YouTube a couple of times. I'm fine. It's really fun. I'll watch it every week now

Dthomp

Yeah easy to pick this up right now with S2. Most story arcs kind of concluded at the end of S1, and there are a few Youtube videos out there that have the whole story arc if you really want it. Just binged the whole first season on Sling/El Rey and it was fantastic. Tonights show has given me some hope for wrestling again

CDiggity

Dang Pentagon got a nice pop.

I missed this show so much, but now I must subject myself to the weekly waits once more. A price I am willing to pay.

Dthomp

Words can't describe just how amazing this last hour has been. So much awesome packed into one night, and YES DARIO!!!!

Zombine

Banned
There were so many highlights tonight and we're only on episode 1. Got some major Videl vs Spopovich vibes from Ivelisse vs Mil.

CDiggity

I really hope they expand their merch soon. So many things I would buy if they existed.

I also hope they get that Netflix deal or something. I've seen so many people who want to watch legally but have no ElRey. I want LU to blow up big time and viewed as more than a really good secret.

tumblr_o1n6hy00Qs1sbzhteo1_400.gif

daemissary

This was so good and I'm so disappointed by the lack of posts in here compared to Raw.

I almost want to go door to door to spread the word.

Dthomp

This was so good and I'm so disappointed by the lack of posts in here compared to Raw.

I almost want to go door to door to spread the word.

I'll take it. Keep this one for the true believers. The normal Wrestlegaf thread is 80% posters just trying to "gimmick post" anyways, this thread doesn't need that.

Just gotta keep spreading the word of just how amazing LU is.

Foggy

Fantastic first episode

LOVED the Cuerno/Fenix match and LOVED that package tombstone piledriver or whatever the hell that was.

Loved the Son of Havoc/Ivelisse/Angelico match which had some great psychology and fun moments.

LOVED Mil's Shao Khan throne. Love that the first title match involved Ivelisse even if it was a foregone conclusion.

LOVED seeing Dario back.

HATED that we only got one hour. 7 more days....

Watched the S1 recap video before catching tonight's episode. Soooo so good. Really excited to see where this Puma/Muertes/Pentagon story goes.

point eludes

Neo Member
I'm hoping the offseason buzz was enough to pull in a slew of curious first-timers, because that served up an example of pretty much everything good about Lucha Underground in one episode. I'd have to think anyone who gave it a chance tonight would come away impresssed with at least some of it.

The only thing I was somewhat iffy on was the prospect of main eventing with the intergender match - but they somehow made it work, and instead of man vs. woman, it really felt like monster vs. underdog. While it wasn't a technically great match or anything, it accomplished a lot from a storyline/character perspective, and provided the opportunity for the Puma/Pentagon appearences. But Ivalesse was probably the MVP of the night.

While I was happy to see a big win for King Cuerno, it's kind of curious that Fenix would drop the belt so quickly, as I thought for sure we were headed for another Fenix/Muertes showdown. It will be interesting to see how they handle Cuerno with the belt - or how that belt is handled altogether, really.

Also loved the Vampiro/Striker stuff at the beginning, the package piledriver, Mil as the Eye of Sauron, the return of Dario, Pentagon ascending to the main event picture, and more. Very glad it's back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
clipboard01hhqxh.jpg

Is that Daniel Bryan? :eek:

:3

All seriousness tho, most of those spots on that recap video look amazing. Wish I could watch this

styl3s

I really hope they expand their merch soon. So many things I would buy if they existed.

I also hope they get that Netflix deal or something. I've seen so many people who want to watch legally but have no ElRey. I want LU to blow up big time and viewed as more than a really good secret.
They need to strike a deal with Netflix or Hulu or something because nobody offers El Rey here in HD and SD feeds from Comcast, ATT etc. here are borderline fucking unwatchable on a 50"+ tv.

Also, i would buy the fuck out some hoodies and other merch.

Branson

More people need to be into this. Only 3 pages? The fuck is wrong with people?

oh the posts above me are talking about that.

Just finished watching the season premiere. All I'm gonna say is that I'm glad I saw LU for the first time during its marathon this past weekend because I definitely didn't want to wait that long for new episodes.

Loved that Cuerno is the new Gift of Gods champion. Also the 3 way match leading to Ivelisse and Mil Muertes was pretty damn entertaining all around. I want more of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom