• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lunar Remastered Collection coming Spring 2025

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I was able to meet the vocalist and voice actors they used for the US version. They were actually working the Working Designs booth in '98/99....E3 was SO GREAT back in the day.

Played all these to death, but will dip again for the collectors edition I am sure LRG's has queued up.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Best surprise in the whole decade. Fucking Lunar 1 & 2 remastered, holy shit what a great announcement. Best thing in the entire State of Play. Screamed out loud out of just pure happiness. If this comes in a nice physical edition like the one Working Designs gave out in the 90s it's even more amazing 😍

graywolf323

Best surprise in the whole decade. Fucking Lunar 1 & 2 remastered, holy shit what a great announcement. Best thing in the entire State of Play. Screamed out loud out of just pure happiness. If this comes in a nice physical edition like the one Working Designs gave out in the 90s it's even more amazing 😍
if they do it’d probably be from Limited Run Games since they handled the physical release of the Grandia HD collection as I recall

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Confirmed for all platforms.

GungHo Online Entertainment has announced LUNAR Remastered Collection for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). It includes remastered versions of LUNAR: Silver Star Story and LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue. It will launch in spring 2025.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
A quick rundown for anyone who cares about this who doesn't know already. The Lunar series are from the fine folk at GameArts who also brought us the Grandia games, if you like those. Lunar's game systems aren't as sophisticated as Grandia's, but the tradeoff is a much more traditionally fantastic world. Lunar is a story about heroes vs. villains, and it's very happy about it.

That's not quite accurate. The PSX versions are full remakes from the original Sega CD games, with notable story differences that some megafans fight to the death over. The original Lunar (and not Lunar 2) was then remade again for the PSP, although afaik that version is much more similar to the PSX version.

The general consensus (again, afaik) is 'not the Sega CD versions'. All versions except the PSP Lunar 1 are subject to Working Designs localization, for better and for worse.

It... seems like this remaster is retranslating and revoicing the games too. Interesting.

Edit: Where's Vanguard Bandits Remastered, you cowards!?

I really miss the music from the Sega CD version of Lunar 1. The PSX version was such a downgrade. Hopefully this can be modded into the PC version.

Mr Hyde

if they do it’d probably be from Limited Run Games since they handled the physical release of the Grandia HD collection as I recall

nooo GIF

I don't expect many people to care about this collection but this was easily the highlight for me.
Imagine if they give the option to play with the Working Designs translation. That'd be so cool.

edit-

I too was pleasantly surprised. I was actually playing 1&2 on Saturn last winter. I've never finished either but really charming games. I'm sure I will buy this collection so I can play it in bed on the Portal.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I bought Lunar 2 last weekend on PS1 thinking what are the chances of ever seeing this game on another platform. I bought Lunar 1 a few weeks before that. Sonofabitch

Rambone

I just found a physical copy of it on my game boy. I don't remember much of the franchise so it will be like new again maybe.

bender

What time is it?
I know one ex-IGN moderator from the PS2GB that is somewhere grinning ear to ear. Pretty excited for this myself.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Legendary RPG, day 1. I still remember the LSSS Complete package on PS1 that came with all these goodies, one of those things that just made you happy 👌

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Neat. I see a PC release. Wonder if the game's "widescreen" extends to ultrawide displays, that'd be dope as hell.

Will definitely be picking this up.

Shouta

It... seems like this remaster is retranslating and revoicing the games too. Interesting.

The song lyrics are 1 to 1 with the WD version of it in the PSX release as far as I can tell, new singer aside of course. Unless GA got back just the song from them, I'm thinking they likely received WD's scripts for it and maybe are cleaning it up. I'd be pretty happy about that since it'll feel even more timeless of a story and game. Also, I never really liked stuff like Myght farting.

Power Pro

I just saw this announcement. Best news of the state of play, and it was just a little 15 second thing.

I hope there's a Switch version with both games on cart, and no "download required". I need this.

StereoVsn

A quick rundown for anyone who cares about this who doesn't know already. The Lunar series are from the fine folk at GameArts who also brought us the Grandia games, if you like those. Lunar's game systems aren't as sophisticated as Grandia's, but the tradeoff is a much more traditionally fantastic world. Lunar is a story about heroes vs. villains, and it's very happy about it.

That's not quite accurate. The PSX versions are full remakes from the original Sega CD games, with notable story differences that some megafans fight to the death over. The original Lunar (and not Lunar 2) was then remade again for the PSP, although afaik that version is much more similar to the PSX version.

The general consensus (again, afaik) is 'not the Sega CD versions'. All versions except the PSP Lunar 1 are subject to Working Designs localization, for better and for worse.

Edit: Where's Vanguard Bandits Remastered, you cowards!?
There is also an iOS version of the first game with a different translation and its pretty decent too.

Edit: Next time I will read the whole thread first, lol.

Last edited:

MrA

Amazing lunar dragon song is so reviled, no one seems bothered by its exclusion ... though running draining may be the most baffling design decision of all time

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
I NEED a physical version of this in my collection. What a great surprise announcement.

Top Bottom