• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shymalan's New Sci-Film (Written By GARY WHITTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MEGATON

302217_10150307937936016_679476015_8428742_843139532_n.jpg

UPDATE: The deal is officially done. Will Smith and Jaden Smith WILL STAR TOGETHER. Whitta wrote the script with Shyamalan.

M. Night Shymalan's One Thousand A.E., written by Gary Whitta

M. Night Shyamalan is in town this week, working on putting together his next directorial effort which will see him working with Will Smith.

But it won’t be the secret untitled project he shopped around in June. That script, which came with Bruce Willis, Bradley Cooper and Gwyneth Paltrow loosely attached, never found a buyer and was quietly shelved.

That’s not to say Shyamalan has lost his love for secrecy -- sources are saying Shyamalan is developing an ultra clandestine sci-fi project titled One Thousand A. E., being developed at Overbrook, the production company Smith runs with James Lassiter, Ken Stovitz and Jada Pinkett Smith. And unlike most of Shyamalan’s oeuvre, to which his most recent film The Last Airbender is an exception, A.E. is not written by Shyamalan.

That honor goes to Gary Whitta, who wrote The Book of Eli and Undying, his in-development Kurt Russell project.

Plot details are under lock and key although it is known that A.E. is being developed as a vehicle for Jaden Smith. There is a starring role for an adult male, although sources said Will Smith is not taking it on.

A.E. has no studio home yet although Overbrook has a first-look deal with Sony, which will likely be its home.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/exclusive-m-night-shyamalans-new-31696?

jaden_smith.jpg

The film be directed by a man NeoGAF finds ridiculous bordering on pathetic.

Surely, it will be ignored or reviled.

Unless...

the film is written by one of NeoGAF's most beloved members.

:O

------------------

Anyway, I'm a sucker for far-off-into-the-future films, so I'll probably end up seeing it for that and to support Gary.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
hahaha not even being "one of the guys" can save Gary from the hate of being around a "Smith" project

yencid

Well hey maybe him not writing it and just directing it is his true calling... Gary make this man count again... please!

yencid

Battersea Power Station said:
The film be directed by a man NeoGAF finds ridiculous bordering on pathetic.

Surely, it will be ignored or reviled.

Unless...

the film is written by one of NeoGAF's most beloved members.

:O

------------------

Anyway, I'm a sucker for far-off-into-the-future films, so I'll probably end up seeing it for that and to support Gary.
that seriously is a fucking twist right there xD

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
With a good script I don't think it's impossible for Shyamalan to make another worthwhile movie, despite the epic amounts of shit he's churned out in the past several years.

I never got to say I kinda liked The Book of Eli. The "twist" was beyond ridiculous but still, it had its moments. That one chick was pretty hot.

I like the idea of

A) Shamalyan not writing a film
B) Him trying sci-fi

Should be interesting.

StuBurns

Banned
demon said:
With a good script I don't think it's impossible for Shyamalan to make another worthwhile movie, despite the epic amounts of shit he's churned out in the past several years.
Where's he getting that from?

Instro

Dunno why people would complain, as purely a director Shymalan is very good, its just his screenplays and writing that has gone to shit in the last 5 or so years.

WillyFive

StuBurns said:
Where's he getting that from?

Gary Whitta could write one for him.

Maybe they could even pay him to do it! :eek:

I'm sure Whitta isn't that bad. The script for Eli was nicely written.

The title sounds like it could be a neat concept if good actors and cinematography, and nice effects are used. Then I saw the pic. He was DREADFUL in The Day the Earth Stood Still and is a horrible actor, I don't care if he's a kid.

FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom