• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shymalan's New Sci-Film (Written By GARY WHITTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

FunkyMunkey said:
The title sounds like it could be a neat concept if good actors and cinematography, and nice effects are used. Then I saw the pic. He was DREADFUL in The Day the Earth Stood Still and is a horrible actor, I don't care if he's a kid.

FUCK

An actor can be great if a great director can support him and get a performance out of him. A good editor also does wonders.

Who needs talent? Someone can give it for him.

Pretty sure Gary is banned GAF, you guys can stop brown nosing him now...

LOL M Night Shymalan..... :lol :lol

I was watching the Devil trailer in theatres and the entire cinema erupted with laughter when his name came on the screen...

So, I haven't seen Last Air Bender and The Happening reeked in every way...

But I still think Shymalan has potential as a director.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
StuBurns said:
Where's he getting that from?
it's called a hypothetical?

(I have not seen Book of Eli)

-edit-
I've said it before but I truly enjoyed The Happening in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

-edit 2-
why is Gary banned?

Valkyr Junkie said:
image.jpg

hope to see more of this in future, and the caption does ruin the M Night pic

WillyFive

Poimandres said:
So, I haven't seen Last Air Bender and The Happening reeked in every way...

But I still think Shymalan has potential as a director.

Judging from The Last Airbender, he has a great style. But everything else he needs help with....

HiResDes

Okay now that I said my nice piece I can now get this off my chest. Casting Jaden Smith in lead roles just seems idiotic to me. I'm really not worried about M. Night's direction, as he's proven himself to be capable several times when he has good source material. However, Jaden at this stage of his career is a less than mediocre actor, even when compared to other child actors. I think the best thing for the kid would be to take another supporting role so he can potentially develop a sense of how to deliver lines that are tonally relevant and also improve upon his timing. Because as of right now, I'm a better actor than him and that's not saying much. :lol

Edit: If possible can someone elaborate on why Gary got banned. I'm quite curious now.

StuBurns

Banned
demon said:
it's called a hypothetical?

(I have not seen Book of Eli)
I was only joking, Eli is a bad film, but that doesn't mean he can't write a good one, but saying that, Shymalan himself is also probably capable of writing a good film. There are far worse films than the Sixth Sense.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Foob said:
Who cares who's directing it, you wrote a fucking movie - that's awesome.

Congrats, Gary.
Because your vision might be made to look like complete and utter shit.

koam said:
Take off the GAF-glasses GAF, Book of Eli was awful.
It really was.... I mean
the world's most published book and there's only one left?
Take out Mila Kunis and that movie sucks.

StuBurns said:
I was only joking, Eli is a bad film, but that doesn't mean he can't write a good one, but saying that, Shymalan himself is also probably capable of writing a good film. There are far worse films than the Sixth Sense.
Sixth Sense is his best film... M Night has made 2 good movies in 10 years (other being unbreakable)

ToxicAdam said:
If only Shia Labouf were co-starring, this film could make Gaf implode.
With Christina Hendricks

koam said:
Take off the GAF-glasses GAF, Book of Eli was awful.

Wasn't great, wasn't bad. Lacked a lot of characterization and characters motivations were cartoony (omg you're so different i must follow you) or "Omg he has the book. I must twirl my mustache an stroke my white cat and yell at my ineffective goons to kill eli."

Foob

xxracerxx said:
Because your vision might be made to look like complete and utter shit.
Yeah, but still I would be stoked beyond belief if someone butchered the hell out of my script so long as I got my own movie!

KHarvey16

It's like the forum hasn't learned from The Social Network and Karate Kid that dismissing movies based on the first tidbits of information is pretty dumb.

Ezalc

Valkyr Junkie said:
http://clutch.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/image.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow already found a use for the gif, hahaha awesome. Anyway, Shyamallama and Jaden in this movie = No go from me.

WillyFive

KHarvey16 said:
It's like the forum hasn't learned from The Social Network and Karate Kid that dismissing movies based on the first tidbits of information is pretty dumb.

We would be denying our readers of why the come to GAF the first place. To see raw chaos and glee.

KHarvey16 said:
David Finch or M. Night Shymalan hmm
Also Karate Kid was awful, I don't care what the B.O was

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Foob said:
Yeah, but still I would be stoked beyond belief if someone butchered the hell out of my script so long as I got my own movie!
Even if it ruined your reputation? I mean if this is your life, you wouldn't want that.

HiResDes

KHarvey16 said:
:lol What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not exaggerating when i say that it was one of the top ten worst movies I've ever seen...And I watch a fuckload ton of movies.

Instro

Did people think Eli was that bad? I mean it wasnt great, but it was at least fun for some action, you could do much worse.

StuBurns

Banned
KHarvey16 said:
Who dismissed the Social Network on the first details? One of the best directors working today and a great screenwriter, who whilst unproven in film has produced some incredible TV drama.

KHarvey16

DevelopmentArrested said:
Also Karate Kid was awful, I don't care what the B.O was

HiResDes said:
:lol What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not exaggerating when i say that it was one of the top ten worst movies I've ever seen...And I watch a fuckload ton of movies.

You're both weird, Karate Kid was an excellent remake.

StuBurns said:
Who dismissed the Social Network on the first details? One of the best directors working today and a great screenwriter, who whilst unproven in film has produced some incredible TV drama.

Seriously?

Instro

HiResDes said:

Im not debating whether KK is good or bad, but you havent seen many movies if its in your top 10 worst. It holds about a 70% on RT too.

HiResDes

KHarvey16 said:
You're both weird, Karate Kid was an excellent remake.

Seriously?
Not than many people were willing to dismiss a Fincher film, despite Gaf's uncalled for hate of Jesse Eisenberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom