• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shymalan's New Sci-Film (Written By GARY WHITTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
KHarvey16 said:
Seriously?
Well I don't remember any threads about it, seems like the kind of project that would get a warm welcome from the initial details to me, top director, top writer, seems an attractive 'one sheet'.

Pctx

Banned
313hsty.gif

Lebron

Jaden's rise to supreme power will not be deterred by the shitty writing of Gary and direction of M.Knight. It has been foretold.

HiResDes

Instro said:
Im not debating whether KK is good or bad, but you havent seen many movies if its in your top 10 worst. It holds about a 70% on RT too.
I've seen more movies than you...I'm obsessed. I watch a new film everyday. There are films that are worse in terms of aesthetics, cinematography, and dialogue however those that are worse are more entertaining. Karate Kid occupies a sort of neither-land in that it is neither good nor hilariously bad. I think it's a failure both in terms of entertainment and artistry.

Lebron

Jokergrin said:
Nope. Eli had shit writing, and I'm more than sure this will too. I mean, M.Knight is on board so it has to be pretty shit. Lucky for both of them, Jaden will bring in some money to keep them in the business for now. The Smith domination can not be stopped.

HiResDes

Lebron said:
Nope. Eli had shit writing, and I'm more than sure this will too. I mean, M.Knight is on board so it has to be pretty shit. Lucky for both of them, Jaden will bring in some money to keep them in the business for now.
Will you please admit that at this stage in his career Jaden is not a good actor? :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Sorry Gary, but getting in bed with M. Night has me losing all interest in this movie.

Really surprised anybody here finds the Jaden thing even remotely more troubling in anyway.

KHarvey16

HiResDes said:
I've seen more movies than you...I'm obsessed. I watch a new film everyday. There are films that are worse in terms of aesthetics, cinematography, and dialogue however those that are worse are more entertaining. Karate Kid occupies a sort of neither-land in that it is neither good nor hilariously bad. I think it's a failure both in terms of entertainment and artistry.

That opinion is certainly not worthy of a "what the fuck are you talking about". You must at least recognize that you share that stance with almost no one.

Imm0rt4l

Damn.....

Well maybe Garry can convince someone not to preface any trailers with "from the mind of m. night shyamalan".

Chichikov

I hate Shyamalan as much as the next guy, probably more.
But his problem was always writing, he's a pretty decent director, or at least he was, Lady in The Water and The Happening are terrible across the board.

That being said, I think his name is box office poison at this point.

Speevy

Banned
I just thought of an idea.

Since he loves to be in his own movies, write him into so many scenes that he can't possibly direct, then remove those scenes in editing.

?

HiResDes

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Sorry Gary, but getting in bed with M. Night has me losing all interest in this movie.

Really surprised anybody here finds the Jaden thing even remotely more troubling in anyway.

This is pretty much M. Night's specialty and he has some decent movies under his cap: Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, The Village (Scarred by lackluster writing), and Signs was okay.

Foob

HiResDes said:
are you that guy who made the embarrassing final fantasy post

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ignis Fatuus said:
"From the MIND of M Night Shamylan"?

Jesus fucking christ.

(I still love you, Gary!)

HiResDes

If you liked this Karate Kid remake you must have muted the television during all of Jaden's parts.

Foob said:
are you that guy who made the embarrassing final fantasy post

No...I did make an embarrassing post about my sex life though.

gdt

HiResDes said:

You sound like an unbelievable snob.

And this is GAF, we're all snobs.

Speevy

Banned
I'll bet John Travolta is secretly doing a fist-pump at the prospect of this replacing Battlefield Earth on the list of worst sci-fi movies.

KHarvey16

HiResDes said:
If you liked this Karate Kid remake you must have muted the television during all of Jaden's parts.

This is a terrible post. In addition, my insecurities dictate that I must use hyperbole in justifying my own opinion, so I classify this the 3rd worst post that has ever been on the internet. Ever.

Speevy

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
GAF! be easy.

Garry has bills to pay. This will enable him to pay them and continue buying Macs. Chill.

Nobody's begrudging the guy his job, but any chance to pick on one of the worst directors making major motion pictures will be taken.

Rindain

Banned
A far-future sci-fi by M. Night written by GW? Will watch...I'm a sucker for far future speculative sci-fi.

And is Gary really banned? For science's sake unban him now so he can tell us stuff.

Instro

HiResDes said:

None of what you said makes sense, there are 1000's of movies that are worse in every way and are also not entertaining.Its your opinion I suppose, but its not a very good one.

On a side note why is everyone saying Gary is banned?

Speevy

Banned
Rindain said:
And is Gary really banned? For science's sake unban him now so he can tell us stuff.

I didn't know that. Good grief, he has 4 names or something. He needs to lose them all before getting banned.

HiResDes

KHarvey16 said:
This is a terrible post. In addition, my insecurities dictate that I must use hyperbole in justifying my own opinion, so I classify this the 3rd worst post that has ever been on the internet. Ever.
It was a joke. Wow, didn't know there was a Jaden Smith/Karate Kid defense force. What's next a Noah Ringer/Last Airbender defense force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom