• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MA Starcraft 2 Tournament September 2010

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
cropped-header23.jpg

6rmqdi.jpg

4934853585_cf24bb6d7f_b.jpg

Sorry I didn't make a cool banner :(

The 64 are selected. The pools are made. It is time to begin. Are you ready!?

Monster's Arcade September 2010 Starcraft 2 tournament is ready to go. This month, it is free to enter and our players are competing for a $250 prize pot and a Radeon 5770. GET HYPE! In the forthcoming months, the pots will be player entry fee based so look for the
pots to be at least 5x bigger as the next tournament will most likely be 128 players. Our next tournament will also have a prize to be raffled off for players who do not make it out of pool play so everyone has a chance to win something, every month. Become Monster's fan on Facebook or just follow the SC 2 thread for updates regarding our next North American B.net tournament.

POOL PLAY:

Pool play is set to start tomorrow on the 29th of August and end on the 5th of September. This gives exactly 1 week for the competitors to complete all pool play. Each player will play the other 3 in their pool 3 times each, for a total 9 games. Every 3 game set will use the same maps: Steppes of War, Lost Temple and Scrap Station. The order played does not matter.

Each win is worth 1 point, each loss worth no points. At the end of pool play, the one player with the most points in each pool advances. If there is a tie between players, the one who won the head to head match will advance. Every match not played by the end of the week is a loss by way of forfeit. If there is a disconnect before 2 minutes into the game, it is to be replayed. If the disconnect happens after the 2 minute mark, it is the decision of the player who remained in game to replay or not. Save ALL replays in the format "player1name_vs_player2name_mapname" and email the match set to starcraft@monstersarcade.net.

TOP 16 SINGLE ELIMINATION:

The top 16 players (advancing from each pool) will be set into a randomly generated single elimination bracket. Every round will be best 3 out of 5 except for the finals, which will be best 4 out of 7. The full map selection (listed below) will be available to the players. First map is to be agreed upon by the players by striking. The players go back and forth striking out maps they do not want to play until there is only one left and the one remaining is to be played. After the first game, each map afterward will be loser's pick.

The finals will be Starcasted and a lot of the top 16 play will show up on our Youtube channel.

SETTINGS:

The tournament will follow Blizzard's 1v1 ladder format.

Category: Melee
Mode: 1v1
Game Speed: Faster

MAP LIST:

Blistering Sands
Desert Oasis
Scrap Station
Steppes of War
Xel'Naga Caverns
Kulas Ravine
Lost Temple
Metalopolis
Delta Quadrant

PLAYER POOLS ARE SET:

POOL A

Critster -- 894
Mekhami -- 998
Alumnus -- 249
Sliver -- 231

POOL B
wedge -- 840
nabster -- 315
emeralddawn -- 867
mogu -- 958

POOL C
jasonng -- 132
WiNdCHiLL -- 957
Fluent -- 139
TheWorld -- 840

POOL D
Swattie -- 497
Wasp -- 768
Jazzy -- 802
Salty -- 945

POOL E
Madoc -- 105
TheCanadian -- 374
BigAT -- 908
Panda -- 214

POOL F
TubbyTheFat -- 905
Undermind -- 304
greg -- 682
RiOrius -- 740

POOL G
Freakinchair -- 966
Vautrin -- 154
Lathentar -- 413
Menace -- 107

POOL H
Maken -- 281
Mclovin -- 684
Keiser -- 492
Trojan -- 364

POOL I
Narcissistic - 930
Ryan -- 1139
Xenien - 474
silver -- 392

POOL J
valenti -- 893
chrisgreg -- 951
Raziel -- 780
magicman -- 475

POOL K
kamikaze -- 627
COOLIO -- 698
Sixtyfour -- 881
Hazard -- 112

POOL L
Keikaku -- 609
PykePresco -- 225
Spruchy -- 569
Moussi -- 842

POOL M
ampson -- 247
NamlessJokr -- 432
PureDynamo -- 955
water -- 267

POOL N
DemonCow -- 108
Ashhong -- 461
Zefah -- 203
Fatty -- 546

POOL O
Mardil -- 163
Skittles -- 882
TVelocity -- 296
Nekrono -- 529

POOL P
Sionnach -- 408
Kathoz -- 742
Drakke -- 951
Terproerg -- 334

Find your pool players online and get to it tomorrow! I will give updates on pool status every so often.

Follow the discussion on the StarcraftArena forums!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Every 3 game set will use the same maps: Steppes of War, Lost Temple and Scrap Station. The order played does not matter.

Generally you do want a concrete map rotation, just so thing don't pop up. Everyone will probably go with that though.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Pyke Presco said:
Well that doesn't make any sense since I'm also ready to lose in the first round and we're gonna be playing each other! Good luck Pool L!!!

:lol

Next month there is a raffle for folks that don't make it out of pool play. Get hype.

Can't find Sprunchy 569 on bnet (Pool L). Tried Scrunchy, but still no luck. Help!!!

EDIT: Holy crap, I can't believe I read it wrong that many times... Thanks Tetsuo, I'm apparently just illiterate.

Played my 3 with Narcissistic. Was pretty fun. He got pretty unlucky with the random picks though, gave him zerg all three times! :lol

Also, I learned that moving your base to rich minerals is NOT worth it. haha

RadicalRad said:
Played my 3 with Narcissistic. Was pretty fun. He got pretty unlucky with the random picks though, gave him zerg all three times! :lol

Also, I learned that moving your base to rich minerals is NOT worth it. haha

Yeap was fun

I just have 3 more to go..

gotta Hope silver beats Xenien at least once :p

We teamed up after for a few games of 2v2.. was fun.

Goodluck guys -

Zen

Banned
I CAN'T BELIEVE I LOST TO A 2GATE ZEALOT PUSH AS TERRAN.

I mean- good games. :p

You really did yourself a disservice by going random, but that's also probably the best way to improve. :x Good games guys!

Hopefully Silver shows up.

(replays sent [minus games versus Silver, obviously])

I looked at the build orders between Narcissistic/Ryan prior to our matchup and assumed Narc had chosen zerg for the tournament... oops! :lol

Zen said:
I looked at the build orders between Narcissistic/Ryan prior to our matchup and assumed Narc had chosen zerg for the tournament... oops! :lol

haha you would think since he got randomed them 3 times in a row

Zen

Banned
Well folks I'm sitting at 4 points in Pool I. Silver beat me three games straight.

Pool I

Ryan 2/6
Narcissistic 3/6
Zen 4/9
Silver 3/3

I think this means no matter what that I'm not making it to the best of 16. >:|

Zen said:
Well folks I'm sitting at 4 points in Pool I. Silver beat me three games straight.

Pool I

Ryan 2/6
Narcissistic 3/6
Zen 4/9
Silver 3/3

I think this means no matter what that I'm not making it to the best of 16. >:|

Well that's not encouraging, if Silver beat you that soundly I dunno if I'll be able to beat him, haha.

Keikaku

I'm going to see if I can play my games today. I've been pretty busy the last couple of days.

EDIT: Some of my games. Probably not all 9 :lol :lol :lol

Well I'm out with being the worst in my pool. =/

Not that I expected to go anywhere really but I was hoping to at least win more than 2. I guess I had a really good pool or I'm just really bad. =P

In any case, I learned from my losses, more so than I do against randoms, so it's all good. Especially from Xenien.

On my side it came down to:

Xenien - Beat me all 3 times
Silver - Beat me 2 times and I forfeited the last as Silver is way too good for me :lol
Narc - I won 2 and he won 1 of them, only reason is becasue he got randomed zerg all 3 times. Otherwise I'm sure he could have crushed me. :D

Ri'Orius

So I'm going to be busy Fri-Sun. I've been trying to contact my poolmates; one of them agreed to play today and then didn't respond (was "away" in bnet); a second agreed to play tomorrow, and a third hasn't been online all week as near as I can tell.

How can I contact these people (esp. guy #3) to make sure I can get my games in? I mean, I could maybe play Sunday night, but I'll probably be exhausted (PAX, woo!)...

Keikaku

None of my poolmates seem to be on when I am. Pyke, are you there? I want to get our games in sometime tomorrow :D

TUSR

Banned
Is the plan to have everyone send in their replays? I would really like to see a bunch of GAFers replays, even the beginning pools.

And wouldn't it be exciting to live stream the final match ups? :D

Keikaku and I just played our set, first games either of us have done in the pool. I won 2, he won 1. Good games man! Now to track down Moussi and Spruchy. I fear my Moussi matchups...so many games played.

EDIT: Played against Moussi now as well. Just need to get my games with Spruchy finished up!

GG's Moussi

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
We have until 11:59pm on Sunday, correct?

e.g. the Replays are due by Monday.

I'll send in the 6 matches I've done anyway.

Nabster92

Shoot I should've done my matches earlier. I just played my games against wedge and lost 1-2. Hopefully emeralddawn and mogu can play tonight sometime. I have to leave tonight and might not be able to play till like after next weekend. Unless I can borrow my friends laptop...

Keikaku

Just got done playing Moussi. Good games man! Now to find the ever-elusive Spruchy . . .

I won 2 games and he forfeited the last one. I've taken a screenshot of it as I didn't want him to keep playing against his will. Does that count as a win for me?

Meeru

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
1 day left to finish pool play guys! Remember, any matches not reported to starcraft@monstersarcade.net by midnight central time on Sunday will result in a forfeit. Let me know those results, guys!
I sent all 9 of my matches but it will be good to have some kind of confirmation that the matches have been sent =)

All games are done, I'm 6-3 with one loss to each player in my pool. Here's hoping that's good enough to take me through. Good luck to everyone thats still playing games!

Nabster92

Well managed to finish all my matches today. Don't think I made it out though :(
Went 2-1 with emeralddawn, 1-2 with mogu, and 1-2 with wedge.

I think that puts me at a tie with mogu but he won ours :/

Ah well I at least feel good about getting at least one game off of everyone even though I was the only platinum league person in the midst of all diamond league guys.

gg's everyone.

fatty

Just sent the match results to you tetsuo.

Good games to both Zefah and Ashhong, I had a great time playing you guys. Now I need to go back and study where I went wrong, haha.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
o god o god, i didnt realize the tournament started

IS ANYONE HERE?

kamikaze -- 627
Sixtyfour -- 881
Hazard -- 112

Keikaku

Spruchy is the only guy I have left to play and I only saw him on Bnet once today . . . for 2 seconds . . . :(

Top Bottom