• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mac OSX Noob thread of OSX noobs

Blu_LED said:
How do I allow iMovie to let me import AVCHD files? It seems to convert them to MOV.

AVCHD requires lots of CPU grunt to work in real time in an editor so all of the Apple-made editors transcode into another format like AIC or Pro Res mov. File size is much bigger but nowhere near as much of a resource hog as native avchd.

ClivePwned said:
AVCHD requires lots of CPU grunt to work in real time in an editor so all of the Apple-made editors transcode into another format like AIC or Pro Res mov. File size is much bigger but nowhere near as much of a resource hog as native avchd.
Is it the same quality of video though?

Kimosabae

Banned
*Sigh*.

Macbook internal speakers really suck. Can anyone recommend good external speakers for under 80 dollars? Catching up on Lost just ain't cutting it on this thing.

Jasoco

Banned
alterno69 said:
Ok new mac user here, what is bootcamp and how do i use it? I want to install autocad and max here.
To use BootCamp you require Windows. A copy of Windows, whatever version you want, including 7 as of a couple days ago.

BootCamp simply helps you:
A) Partition your HD to prepare it for Windows
B) Install drivers into Windows to let Windows use the Mac's special features PC's don't have like the special track pad and Magic Mouse and Apple keyboard. Stuff like that.

LCfiner

alterno69 said:
Ok new mac user here, what is bootcamp and how do i use it? I want to install autocad and max here.

go to your utilities folder and open the bootcamp assistant. it will partition your hard drive allowing you to install windows on it.

more details are available in the help file for the Mac bootcamp assistant. pretty simple.

Blu_LED said:
Is it the same quality of video though?

AFAIK if you want to keep the AVCHD you use iMovie HD (previous previous generation). It is the best version by far, as the newer ones are more consumer oriented with stupid features.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Jasoco said:
To use BootCamp you require Windows. A copy of Windows, whatever version you want, including 7 as of a couple days ago.

BootCamp simply helps you:
A) Partition your HD to prepare it for Windows
B) Install drivers into Windows to let Windows use the Mac's special features PC's don't have like the special track pad and Magic Mouse and Apple keyboard. Stuff like that.

Just to be clear. The hardware drivers for windows are on the OS X disk. After you install windows, pop it in and install the drivers.

bud

Norante said:
Handbrake, son!

thanks, but now i have another problem: i downloaded it, but when it won't even run. when i click on it, the icon appears on the dock, like it's booting up, only to disappear again.

what the hell?

Hairtux

Fairly new Mac user here. Snagged a Macbook on black friday. I have a question about using external mice.

I have a Logitech G5 (wired) - and it doesn't appear that Logitech makes any software for OSX for this. The default behavior is really annoying. I can manage the cursor speed but not acceleration, which really bugs me when the cursor can fly across the screen, but when I want to move the cursor slowly, it moves REALLY slowly. Basically, is there a way to disable this default acceleration in OS X? It bugs the shit out of me.

Thanks in advance.

LCfiner

Hairtux said:
Fairly new Mac user here. Snagged a Macbook on black friday. I have a question about using external mice.

I have a Logitech G5 (wired) - and it doesn't appear that Logitech makes any software for OSX for this. The default behavior is really annoying. I can manage the cursor speed but not acceleration, which really bugs me when the cursor can fly across the screen, but when I want to move the cursor slowly, it moves REALLY slowly. Basically, is there a way to disable this default acceleration in OS X? It bugs the shit out of me.

Thanks in advance.

logitech does make mouse software for the Mac. their setpoint software is available from their website.

however, unless it's changed completely in the last couple years, it's a bit flaky.

go to macupdate.com and search out mouse drivers and you should find the logitech software plus some freeware utilities to adjust mouse acceleration to make it more like windows if you don;t want to install the full logitech suite.

Hairtux

I've tried the LCC, but it doesn't recognize G5s. Apparently those are "Windows only" mice. Lame.

I've been trying a few apps but most of the ones I've found are really old and don't solve my issue. However..I might have just found my fix. The G5 has 3 DPI settings built in and generally the middle setting, 800DPI, seems to work the best for pretty much everything, except OSX. I set it to the max, which is 2000 or something, which makes the cursor scream across the screen at a million MPH, then lower the tracking speed with OSX's default mouse control panel and it seems to have pretty much fixed my issue. And no jitter. Woot.

I find OSX's tracking system better in that I can move my mouse or finger on my trackpad just a small amount, but depending on how fast I made the motion, the mouse will either barely move or will go all the way across the screen. In Windows or Linux, it feels like moving the mouse a certain amount physically will always translate to nearly the exact same movement on the screen. It's too literal about where to put the cursor rather than intelligently figuring out just how badly I wanted to get to the other side of the screen.

mrkgoo

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I find OSX's tracking system better in that I can move my mouse or finger on my trackpad just a small amount, but depending on how fast I made the motion, the mouse will either barely move or will go all the way across the screen. In Windows or Linux, it feels like moving the mouse a certain amount physically will always translate to nearly the exact same movement on the screen. It's too literal about where to put the cursor rather than intelligently figuring out just how badly I wanted to get to the other side of the screen.

I had the same issues as most when I made the switch to Mac Os X. It was odd at first. But I stuck with it, and now I prefer it. I'm not saying it's the absolute better way, but my recommendation is to just stick with it. Give it a good go.

The absolute worse thing to do when coming to a new system (be it windows->Mac, Mac-> windows, Windows ->linux or whatever) is to just try and make everything like your old system. I get wanting familiarity, but try out the new features.

My main beef is that I don't want to get so used to a non-default system that I NEED that little acceleration software overtime I update my OS, or my computer. One day it may not even work or be supported, for example. I guess that's why I tend to stick with default options as much as possible.

mrkgoo

Just a request to all the new Mac OS X users (i.e. bought a mac for the first time over the past year or so) to chime in with their current opinion. Are you all properly indoctrinated yet? :loll Loving it? Hating it? Understand where the divisiveness for the whole "Mac v. PC" argument comes from?

Koam? You started the thread.
Marty Chinn? I guess we all know how you stand :p. Fight the good fight! (Actually, I think you're more or less reasonable - I know it's not your 'main' machine).
Flying_Phoenix?

et al.

pj

Banned
Why can't I change the default program for torrents?

Whenever I download a new one, it uses "Opera - Bootcamp partition" as the default program. I've set it to always open with Transmission, but that only affects individual files. I even uninstalled opera from my bootcamp partition and it still does it.

Edit: nm figured it out. You have to use Cmd I, then change it there.

alterno69

Banned
mrkgoo said:
Just a request to all the new Mac OS X users (i.e. bought a mac for the first time over the past year or so) to chime in with their current opinion. Are you all properly indoctrinated yet? :loll Loving it? Hating it? Understand where the divisiveness for the whole "Mac v. PC" argument comes from?

Marty Chinn? I guess we all know how you stand :p. Fight the good fight! (Actually, I think you're more or less reasonable - I know it's not your 'main' machine).
Flying_Phoenix?

et al.

I bought my first mac ever yesterday, a 15" macbook Pro, here are my thoughts.

First of all the thing is sexy as hell, the screen(glossy) is very bright and colorfull, love the keys, the track pad is the best thing ever invented for a laptop, the gestures make me feel like tom cruise in minority report lol.

The OS, a little intimidating at first being a life long Windows user but so far it's been great and some of the apps available are pretty neat.

I love how cool it stays even after being on for hours, hate how hot conventional laptops can get, a chore if you want to put it on your lap like i am right now.

The battery, fuck i love how awesome the battery is, i always hated the process of setting up my laptop wherever i went, power cable and mouse, hated it, it's awesome knowing i can leave the house with just the machine, no cables, no mouse and i will be ready to use it for hours in literally one minute.

I have nothing but praise for this and i can't believe i didn't made the jump before.

koam

I have a macbook pro and I just got the monoprice mini display + usb to hdmi adapter. I set my output to usb and it works but is there a way to output the sound bitstream? Right now, my 5.1 DTS feed is going reaching my amp as stereo.

koam

Alright so after doing some ressearch, I found that PLEX is able to do what I want. Unfortunately, I can only bitstream while i'm in Plex. Does anyone know if there's a way to make the bitstream global?

P.S Why did no one tell me about plex? It's so damn awesome. I've only used it for a bit so far but it seems to be better than xbmc and boxee. It does bitstream audio and it uses my harmony remote quite nicely.

mrkgoo said:

Well, it took about a week or two to really get used to it.

Pros:
  • It's faster than windows. Ran it on two computers with similar specs, got way better results with osx.
  • It's smoother than windows. Windows might not BSOD anymore but it slows down and freezes for a few seconds quite often. If you open a program you have to wait till it finishes opening before you do something else or your pc will stop responding for a few seconds. Not getting anything like that on OSX. Beach balls are pretty damn rare.
  • I love how you don't need to install apps. You can just run them and that's it. Probably my favorite feature.
  • The hardware is incredible. Sure I can't fault windows for that but everything is so well integrated and responsive. The multitouch with gesture swipes is great.
  • You don't really need any other software besides what comes with Snow Leopard. IT pretty much comes with everything you need.
  • I love how the menu on the top is the same for every single app.

Cons:
  • Fucking proprietary crap. I'm looking at you mini DisplayPort and you mini Toslink.
  • Unmounting a hard drive each time sucks. I some times forget and lost 700GB of data once because of it. Not fun.
  • I often wish that they had an extra button to really close and app instead of bringing it to the dock. Not a deal breaker but would have been nice.

I love OSX so much more than windows. I ended up hooking up my second monitor at work to a mac mini and used synergy to connect the pc to the mac so that I could use one keyboard and mouse for both. Great setup and the best of both worlds.

mrkgoo said:

Flying_Phoenix?

et al.

It's been good. After using OS X for some time I really see the benefits of it. In comparison it's much like any other Apple Product such as the iPod or the iPhone. If you look at it OS X doesn't really do all the much more than Windows it just does stuff right, as in I actually want to use the extra features it has. Multi-tasking on a Mac is simply amazing. With spaces, expose, and clean desktop it's truly a system made for usability. I also love how the hardware and software intwine with one another. Using the touchpad is a good send especially when using the multitasking features. Also I love how the light and clean the system looks and feels. I also love how stable it is, though I do feel that people sorta exaggerate how much more stable OS X is than Windows.

I don't know but after using OS X I just don't like Windows that much anymore. I've had my hands on Windows 7 but I found it to be more of the same stuff. I mean yeah it really stepped up in features, but with an exception of Window Clipping, they don't feel that intuitive (I have to shake the window to clean out all the other windows...what?).

Really the only thing I don't like about Macs is how set the inner hardware is and the lack of game support.

I'm having an issue with changing the icon on my drives. Whenever I try changing now, it doesn't do anyhing. I already have custom dive icons and I don't know how to change 'em back.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
koam said:
Cons:
  • Unmounting a hard drive each time sucks. I some times forget and lost 700GB of data once because of it. Not fun.
  • I often wish that they had an extra button to really close and app instead of bringing it to the dock. Not a deal breaker but would have been nice.

700 GB sounds like a whole lot to lose due to not unmounting. I thought unmounting was basically just to make sue nothing was being read or written at the moment. :/

As for the buttons, once you get used to using keyboard shortcuts, you will never go near those buttons again. I minimize, close windows, close programs, tc. all with keyboard shortcuts. Much faster, and much easier. :)

Kant

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I'm having an issue with changing the icon on my drives. Whenever I try changing now, it doesn't do anyhing. I already have custom dive icons and I don't know how to change 'em back.

Get info on the drive, click on the icon and just delete it (Cmd & Backspace). The custom icon will be erased and it will go back to its original icon.

koam said:
Cons:
  • Fucking proprietary crap. I'm looking at you mini DisplayPort and you mini Toslink.
  • Uh, Mini DisplayPort is a free, open VESA standard.

New ATi cards use Mini DisplayPort and Dell has been using regular DisplayPort on its monitors for years. HDMI is just more popular.

I can't begin to tell you how much I love my macbook pro again now that the windows 7 drivers are out. No more shitty scrolling and the other trackpad issues I was having.

And I haven't had a slower desktop in a long time but I get beachballs and slow ups more often on my macbook than my windows but it may be the specs? Although I'm not doing anything intensive at all... (In response to koam)

mrkgoo said:

Flying_Phoenix?

et al.

I got a 13" macbook pro a few months ago after being a windows user all my life. I can't find any complaints. Hardware is sexy as hell. Love the display. Love the light weight, slim profile. Love the smooth, unibody aluminum construction (feels very solid unlike most other laptops that seem to 'flex'), absolutely LOVE the trackpad and multitouch gestures. It's the first laptop I used where I didn't hate not having a mouse. In some ways I prefer it to a mouse. Makes web browsing so seamless and easy. I also really like how the power adapter is so small and light, and I really like the magsafe connection. The keyboard is a joy to type on. It feels so fluid. And it's backlit to boot. Very handy feature.

As for OSX, I was intimidated at first. But it's very, very easy to use. At the end of the day, mac is just a computer. OSX and Windows are a lot more similar than they are different. There are differences, but they shouldn't cause experienced computer users too much of a problem. Plus, you can always install Windows on it using boot camp.

All in all, I am a very satisfied customer. I'm not a fanatic who is suddenly "mac for life!", as I feel ambivalent towards both operating systems (I haven't even tried Windows 7, only Windows XP); most of my praise is regarding the hardware of the macbook pro, I'm not really attached to OSX or Windows, as they both seem to do the job. Compared to XP, OSX Snow Leopard definitely feels a bit more efficient. It automatically finds and remembers wireless internet connections, for instance; I don't have to do a thing. Whereas on XP I felt like I had to do more manual work in setting up the connections each time. But that is an old system and I haven't tried Windows 7, which I'm sure is far more advanced.

I really like the macbook hardware. It's what made me look at Apple for the first time when I was shopping for a new laptop. Otherwise the price would have steered me away. But I felt the hardware design was way ahead of the curve compared to all the other laptops I looked at from Dell, Sony, Toshiba, and especially HP. The large multitouch trackpad cannot be praised enough.

koam

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Uh, Mini DisplayPort is a free, open VESA standard.

New ATi cards use Mini DisplayPort and Dell has been using regular DisplayPort on its monitors for years. HDMI is just more popular.

They should have went with HDMI since everyone using it. The mini Display port on the macbook pro doesn't even send sound so i need to have an ugly setup witvideo + audio out. I had to buy a $38 cable from monoprice because apple didn't use hdmi.

koam said:
They should have went with HDMI since everyone using it. The mini Display port on the macbook pro doesn't even send sound so i need to have an ugly setup witvideo + audio out. I had to buy a $38 cable from monoprice because apple didn't use hdmi.

That's kind of a stupid reason that it's bad because it doesn't carry sound.. Are there really any laptops that have an hdmi out? Most are still VGA AFAIK. What cable did you buy for $38? Mine sure as hell didn't cost anywhere near that much.

Edit: Apparently there is a decent amount but seems like it's really high priced laptops mostly although some cheaper have it.

koam

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
That's kind of a stupid reason that it's bad because it doesn't carry sound.. Are there really any laptops that have an hdmi out? Most are still VGA AFAIK. What cable did you buy for $38? Mine sure as hell didn't cost anywhere near that much.

Edit: Apparently there is a decent amount but seems like it's really high priced laptops mostly although some cheaper have it.

It's not a stupid argument at all, most monitors/tvs have vga, hdmi or hdmi... most laptops have the same. The only way to get hdmi out and digital audio out on a macbook is through a special cable that costs $38 or $49 on monoprice depending on which model you get.

I don't even know why you're arguing with me, It's things *I* hate in my experience with my macbook.

Oh, I just thought of another thing I hate, the fanboys who can't take criticism. :p

koam said:
It's not a stupid argument at all, most monitors/tvs have vga, hdmi or hdmi... most laptops have the same. The only way to get hdmi out and digital audio out on a macbook is through a special cable that costs $38 or $49 on monoprice depending on which model you get.

I don't even know why you're arguing with me, It's things *I* hate in my experience with my macbook.

Oh, I just thought of another thing I hate, the fanboys who can't take criticism. :p

I'm a mac fanboy again now? :lol What's the audio cable you're talking about? Is it something to convert toslink or something?

Jasoco

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
As for the buttons, once you get used to using keyboard shortcuts, you will never go near those buttons again. I minimize, close windows, close programs, tc. all with keyboard shortcuts. Much faster, and much easier. :)
I wouldn't mind if more app developers programmed their apps to automatically quit when their last window was closed. That would solve the "App still running" dilemma. Wasn't there an app at one time that did this for you? (Quit apps for you when you closed all their windows?)

Kant said:
Get info on the drive, click on the icon and just delete it (Cmd & Backspace). The custom icon will be erased and it will go back to its original icon.
I LOVE YOU, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD! =X

Edit: Wait. Whenever I put a different icon on the drive, it reverts back to the old custom icon. Phooey.

After having my MBP for about 5 months, I gotta say I do like it overall. I do miss the compatibility of games and programs that Windows has, but I like the clean look. Also, Apple Care is THE MOST FANTASTIC service ever. Especially if there is an Apple store in town. Luckily, we have two here. :lol

pj

Banned
Jasoco said:
I wouldn't mind if more app developers programmed their apps to automatically quit when their last window was closed. That would solve the "App still running" dilemma. Wasn't there an app at one time that did this for you? (Quit apps for you when you closed all their windows?)

If it matters to you that much, cmd q an application when you're done with it.

When I got my first mac I didn't like it either, but after a while I realized how often I was relaunching applications that could have just been left running quietly.

mrkgoo

Jasoco said:

But what about apps I want to keep running, but close all windows? I routinely have mail and itunes running without windows.

Saya

Help! I accidentally turned off my external HD before ejecting it properly from my Macbook. Now, when I turn on the external HD my mac can't see it anymore. I can't mount it. I can see it in Disk Utility, but when I select it all options are grayed out. I can't repair it. Can't do anything. Anyone know what to do?

Furoba

Saya said:
Help! I accidentally turned off my external HD before ejecting it properly from my Macbook. Now, when I turn on the external HD my mac can't see it anymore. I can't mount it. I can see it in Disk Utility, but when I select it all options are grayed out. I can't repair it. Can't do anything. Anyone know what to do?

I've encountered the same problem twice, likely a problem with a faulty journal index.
I recommend you try diskwarrior (repair disk), it worked like a charm for me. Disk Utility pales in comparison.

Jasoco

Banned
pj said:
If it matters to you that much, cmd q an application when you're done with it.

When I got my first mac I didn't like it either, but after a while I realized how often I was relaunching applications that could have just been left running quietly.
Doesn't matter to me. I don't care. I DO hit Command+Q. But so many new Mac users are hell bent on complaining about such a trivial "feature" as keeping apps open. I mean this isn't 1992. RAM isn't at the 8MB limit anymore. This is 2010. Apps that aren't doing anything don't really take up any resources. You might as well keep them running if you want.

Newbies will look for anything that isn't Windows-like to complain about. I tell you.

Every time I see someone complain about "The maximize button won't take up the whole screen!" I want to scream and throw a brick at them for their ignorance. But I don't because they are new and don't know better yet.

Also, about that file loss problem mentioned above, I had that happening once upon a time. It was like whenever I unmounted it, it was saving the changes. And if I accidentally disconnected the USB before ejecting the disk (Only one) it would lose all the files I had just copied over. Which made no sense at all because the files should be saved to the drive immediately. It's not like it's storing them in memory and waiting for you to save it manually. But that drive died shortly after, so I assumed it was doing this "Not saving changes" thing because the controller was dying. So, a word to the person who posted about losing 700MB, buy a new drive. That shit should not be happening. Not at all. Otherwise if it WAS supposed to happen, every time our computer shut off abruptly, due to a power outage or something, it would revert to the previous configuration. And since that doesn't happen, it's obviously not a "feature" of hard drives to forget changes.

I do wish though that OS X was smart enough to know when a drive was or was not being written to or read from so if we do disconnect a drive before ejecting, it would just eject gracefully without alerting us that something might be broken now. Seems to me technology needs to be designed smarter. This is why I prefer to keep all my other drives on a networked machine (Including backups. CCC has this ability, as does regular old Rsync. Not to mention Time Machine. Networked backups are so convenient it's not even funny.) that runs all the time so all I do is connect to the drive across the network, and don't have to worry about accidentally pulling the USB out prematurely.

mrkgoo

Jasoco said:
Doesn't matter to me. I don't care. I DO hit Command+Q. But so many new Mac users are hell bent on complaining about such a trivial "feature" as keeping apps open. I mean this isn't 1992. RAM isn't at the 8MB limit anymore. This is 2010. Apps that aren't doing anything don't really take up any resources. You might as well keep them running if you want.

Newbies will look for anything that isn't Windows-like to complain about. I tell you.

Every time I see someone complain about "The maximize button won't take up the whole screen!" I want to scream and throw a brick at them for their ignorance. But I don't because they are new and don't know better yet.

Also, about that file loss problem mentioned above, I had that happening once upon a time. It was like whenever I unmounted it, it was saving the changes. And if I accidentally disconnected the USB before ejecting the disk (Only one) it would lose all the files I had just copied over. Which made no sense at all because the files should be saved to the drive immediately. It's not like it's storing them in memory and waiting for you to save it manually. But that drive died shortly after, so I assumed it was doing this "Not saving changes" thing because the controller was dying. So, a word to the person who posted about losing 700MB, buy a new drive. That shit should not be happening. Not at all. Otherwise if it WAS supposed to happen, every time our computer shut off abruptly, due to a power outage or something, it would revert to the previous configuration. And since that doesn't happen, it's obviously not a "feature" of hard drives to forget changes.

I do wish though that OS X was smart enough to know when a drive was or was not being written to or read from so if we do disconnect a drive before ejecting, it would just eject gracefully without alerting us that something might be broken now. Seems to me technology needs to be designed smarter. This is why I prefer to keep all my other drives on a networked machine (Including backups. CCC has this ability, as does regular old Rsync. Not to mention Time Machine. Networked backups are so convenient it's not even funny.) that runs all the time so all I do is connect to the drive across the network, and don't have to worry about accidentally pulling the USB out prematurely.

I'm not sure how you can make drive eject 'smarter'. I know macs don't handle erroneous drive removal as well as Windows, but I always assumed that was due to journalling and other stuff that OS X constantly does while a drive is connected. I'm not sure how you can make it 'just smarter' - because it fit were possible, I would think it would be there. Bad removal is probably a common error.

Anyway, I was wondering if it was ever a good idea to buy a portable external USB portable drive (i.e. Seagate Freeagent GO), rip it open, and install it into a MacBook Pro. Is this possible? Are the the same attachments (Sata?). I know people will suggest just getting a proper internal, but if a portable is on special, does that mean I get the casing to put my old hard drive into?

Also, I understand it's not a good idea to get the motion sensor one as Macs already have the motion sensor. How do I know which drives have them and which don't? /MacNoob

I have been using a mac since mid '07 but just curious. Is there a app similar to CCleaner for mac, or do the unix scripts do a reasonable job of keeping things tidy? I've heard of ONYX ect. but I am wonder if that is actually an equivalent.

Kad5

So safari has been kinda slow for me. Usually whenever I open a new tab the colorful volleyball shows up for about 3 minutes and sometimes longer.

Is google chrome faster?

Kad5 said:
So safari has been kinda slow for me. Usually whenever I open a new tab the colorful volleyball shows up for about 3 minutes and sometimes longer.

Is google chrome faster?

That's not normal... what version of Safari are you running and what mac are you using.

panda21

Jasoco said:

it really bothers me when mac apps close when you close their window. it makes no sense in most apps, since you just end up relaunching it. system preferences is about the only one i think its ok for.

with the ejecting disks thing, for whatever reasons writes to usb drives sometimes end up being buffered and don't always commit until you unmount the drive. this is why it complains when you unplug stuff without ejecting, because it is a really bad idea.

i do this pretty often on linux because its easy to forget to do a umount when you are in a rush and your files vanish even though the copy command finished.

panda21 said:
it really bothers me when mac apps close when you close their window. it makes no sense in most apps, since you just end up relaunching it. system preferences is about the only one i think its ok for.

with the ejecting disks thing, for whatever reasons writes to usb drives sometimes end up being buffered and don't always commit until you unmount the drive. this is why it complains when you unplug stuff without ejecting, because it is a really bad idea.

i do this pretty often on linux because its easy to forget to do a umount when you are in a rush and your files vanish even though the copy command finished.

Can unpluging without ejecting destroy your usb drive? I've pulled one out in frustration a couple of times due to it saying it was in use and nothing was using it and now it doesn't work right at all.

Kad5

The_Inquisitor said:
That's not normal... what version of Safari are you running and what mac are you using.

Im using a 15 inch macbook pro. Im using Safari version 4.0.4.

Also, it doesn't happen very often. Usually it happens when i already have multiple tabs open.

Kad5 said:
Im using a 15 inch macbook pro. Im using Safari version 4.0.4.

Are you doing a bunch of other things when this happens? That's really not normal at all, it may happen once in a while depending on what's going on but not like you seem to be experiencing.

Top Bottom