• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

This might be the first film I see in theaters in about two years. I'm really, really excited for it and I've never even seen a Mad Max film. I'm going to change that this weekend so I can be ready when it releases.

Orcastar

Can't wait. After the disappointment that was Age of Ultron, I'm betting on Mad Max being this summer's must-see movie.

Salsa

oh shieeeeeeeeet am I gettin an early release

website in OT:

PoIqYdO.png

local cinema:

RLwYfZb.png

calling in tomorrow

edit: oh my god it's fucking Mad Max 1 and 2 showings

WHY WOULD YOU USE THAT POSTER

FeD.nL

Great looking OT, nice job!

Really looking forward to it, haven't seen my dad so hyped for a film in a long time.

nib95

Banned
Is this going to be of a darker tone similar to Mad Max 1/2 or lighter hearted Peter Pan nonsense more towards number 3? Hoping from the R rating, it's going to be more towards the former?

Foggy

Is this going to be of a darker tone similar to Mad Max 1/2 or lighter hearted Peter Pan nonsense more towards number 3? Hoping from the R rating, it's going to be more towards the former?

George Miller only did the action and stunt bits in Beyond Thunderdome. So, the smart money is it being more like 1 and 2, but with some visual inspiration from the 3rd. The bad guys' mountain lair looks like something out of Thunderdome, but everything else I've seen doesn't remind me of it.

Wanted to see this in Imax. Only a 3d version

Fuck this world. And people are surprised so many hate this horrific stereoscopic fade.

Boy, Mad Max sure ripped off a lot of stuff from Borderlands. I wonder if claptrap will be in this.

Seriously, though. I'm excited for this, despite somehow having avoided the entire series while also growing up during the early 80s.

It comes out on my birthday next week, but right now it's a toss-up between this and Pitch Perfect 2 (this is not a joke). I'll probably go with the one that gets better reviews. Tie goes to Mad Max though.

pitt_norton

sigh... june 20th this movie releases in japan... gotta avoid spoilers after the may release date.

i've been waiting an eternity to see this... ever since 2000 when i heard, through my film school teacher with close industry ties, that miller was in his kings cross production office storyboarding "mad max 4: fury road"... god, the dreams i had to see this on screen at the time... now, the time is so close :')

Great OP, can't freakin' wait to see this. Just noticed all the local theaters have added extra Thursday showings. Don't know how well it will do box office wise but I imagine the legs will be impressive.

I've been waiting like 25 years for a new Mad Max by George Miller.

Can't fucking wait. It's really surreal that it's finally happening after reading about Fury Road for so long.

Welcome back, Cap'n Walker!

Camwi

Watched the entire trilogy the past week or two in preperation. All three movies are still badass.

Can't wait to see this movie. Shame it won't be in IMAX.

On a personal note, I just want to give a sincere thank you to Simo for the years of updates on this film.

For a long stretch of time finding any info on this production seemed damn near impossible. Google searches would pull up things from way back when Gibson was still on board, even though most of us with even a basic knowledge of this film knew damn well it was deep into production.

Simo's dedication to this film supplied the best, most up-to-date information on a regular basis.

Greatly appreciated, Simo- and great OT!
I hope this film puts a big smile on your face. :)

Laconic

Banned
I had heard about this ages ago, but had almost forgotten about it.

After the mediocrity of AoU, I had decided to swear off the theater at least until Christmas.

And only to go back then, because Star Wars.

I am breaking that vow, and this movie is why.

NOTHING STOPS THIS HIGH SPEED CARAVAN!!!

Can I just say that I'm in love with every name the characters have?

Classic George Miller right there.

Some other gems from the previous films:

Toecutter, Nightrider, Mudguts, Humungus, Quiet Man, Aunty Entity, Pigkiller, Blackfinger, Dr. Dealgood, Scrooloose, Finn McCoo, Mr. Scratch, Ironbar

Love it. They all sound like fucked up G.I. Joe characters! :D

Bought the art book. Unfortunately I was late so I have to wait 10 / 15 days for it to arrive..

I haven't been this hyped for a movie in a long time. It's going to be the first film I'm seeing in the cinema since Spider-Man 2 in 2004.
I'm a huge fan of the first two movies
I think I'm going to watch them right now.

Experien

I don't really remember much of 2 outside of hockey mask. But saw the first one in the theater about a year ago. Wonder if there will be many nods to the originals.

void666

Banned
Last time i was this excited to watch a movie i was a kid and the movie was jurassic park.

Hype, please don't hurt me.

liquidtmd

Banned
Have been far more intrigued by this film than Ultron.

R Rated, Hardy with minimum dialogue and every trailer being absolutely vivid in colour and imagery.

Really hope it gives me good ride and does well in equal measure.

I really like Hardy's description of Max's character in this interview as it kinda lines up with my own interpetation of him.
He's like a feral wolf who's been through too much for any man to handle and he just wants to be left alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYZQIzQYv8

.... Hardy is awesome. Definitely one of my favourite actors of our time. I'm really happy they picked him to play Max.

18 minutes of behind the scenes b-roll right here.

Might be considered spoilery since it's a bunch of stunts and action scenes being filmed, but it shows how absolutely crazy this movie is gonna be. The vehicles they constructed and the stunts they are doing are insane.
Watched all of that, was great. Practical FX, explosions, and camerawork already looked cool back in late 2012 when most of this seems to be have been filmed. How long has this been in post-production?

Top Bottom