• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road |OT| What a Lovely Day | RT: 98% | Metacritic: 89

Nibel

What about Sam Worthington? or Jai Courtney? :p

nywjyli3tkf5.gif

D.Lo

It's not like any other movie. It's not like a normal movie. It's almost a single action scene, that somehow has a plot.

The design is literally incredible.

A true successor to Mad Max 2. The 'fictional Australian mythology' part is slightly dampened, which is the only negative I can think of.

Lol at that SINGLE rotten review on RT.

It is absolutely shocking to me that no actual film reviewer has written a negative review yet. Even for most critically acclaimed films, there are the Armond Whites of the world, or there's a Boyhood situation where someone blatantly says they're writing a neg to be the first or second negative reviews.

But here...

The film is significant for all the laziness it immediately makes impossible. Think about the last action film that genuinely physically impacted you. How long has it been? The first Avengers? Fast and Furious 2? Ghost Protocol? The Raid?

Of all the Fast movies...of all the action set pieces in those films...you go with 2 Fast 2 Furious? SMH

Carbonox

Why does having a dissenting opinion make him an a hole? What didn't he like about it

I wouldn't call him an asshole but his "review" is non-existent and spends 99% of the 5 line content moaning about Tom Hardy not being in every scene and doesn't actually elaborate on the film's assets and qualities:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/film/mad-max-fury-road-review-5680838

Oh and it's a tabloid review.

Given everyone else is unanimous in the film's quality with any negatives being minor, its credibility can surely be questioned in a valid manner, at least from the standpoint of reviewing the review so to speak.

That's one of my problems with Rotten Tomatoes though in general and any review aggregation that includes dross like tabloid sources that are written by and for sea urchins.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I think the talk about the film being 'a single action scene' is a little overblown. It's about a single car chase, but the film isn't really a continuous action sequence. I was actually expecting more action than I got.

I've seen a few people say it gets overwhelming or boring an hour in, but I found the opposite. The movie really kicks into gear about an hour in and kills it in the race for the finish line.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So I've never seen any Mad Max movie, what do I need to know?

Post Apocalypse desert world and this one dude is a badass?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
So I've never seen any Mad Max movie, what do I need to know?

Post Apocalypse desert world and this one dude is a badass?
Max tried to live a decent life away from the savagery, but the gangs caught up with him and killed his family. He became a solitary wanderer in the desert who tries to keep his distance but always end up doing the right thing when it counts.

The Chef

Why does having a dissenting opinion make him an a hole? What didn't he like about it

If you go see a movie with 100 people and 99 of them say they loved it and you say you hated it...your an asshole.
His review literally was that it was too loud. Let me find it.

Posted by Oldmanyellsatcloud:
Noisy, explosive and visually spectacular but depressingly hollow.

I guess there could be ulterior reasons, submitting the sole negative review would get you a lot of clicks to your website, with a tabloid it doesn't seem like that would be too far. It's fine if he didn't actually like the movie.

Can't wait to see it, been trying to hype my friends about it in a non obnoxious way.

Pacotera

Banned
9:20pm today i will be all over dat!

Only found 3d here in Brazil. The only 2 theaters that will be showing the movie today in regular are far away and not worth it for me

HYPE!

BTM

Getting up bright and early to see this tomorrow morning. Can't wait! And as of right now my seat is the only one reserved in the theater.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
So, I see people talking about Babe: Pig in the City a few pages back, and I do have to say...it's both a darker movie than the previous and also a sillier one, if that bit where Esme and your one when they go after the animals is anything to go by. Also, I like how that Magda Szubanski no longer has to put on that American accent in post production (it was always so bizarrely off putting to hear the ADR'd attempts at those accents in the first movie). Still, it's better than every other talking animal movie since its release.

Also, Fury Road Friday for me.

Nibel

For people who watched it and praise it as the next action movie milestone: what was your previous personal milestone of the genre?

Top Bottom