• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

hgplayer1

Wellington said:
When do you want to play, HGPlaya?

Er, can we even play? Doesn't look like the week has advanced...

well I got the email saying your my next opponent but I havent been online to see if it shows you as my next opponent in the league lobby. I can play tonight if it will let us so what say we try to meet around 6 PM central time? if thats not a good time for you give me a time after that and Ill try to meet you.

Fifty

It's running fine, only the website is screwed up. I played my week 7 matchup with Dskillz, and some others have played their matches. An easy way to check is just to go on Madden, check the league lobby and see if it says you're facing anyone. I'd highly recommend doing that as often as possible while the league page is malfunctioning.

Drey1082

Fifty said:
It's running fine, only the website is screwed up. I played my week 7 matchup with Dskillz, and some others have played their matches. An easy way to check is just to go on Madden, check the league lobby and see if it says you're facing anyone. I'd highly recommend doing that as often as possible while the league page is malfunctioning.

Well than Mr. Bob, I'm ready tonight or tomorrow night. Like I said though, I might be a little busy with San Andreas tonight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hgplayer1 said:
well I got the email saying your my next opponent but I havent been online to see if it shows you as my next opponent in the league lobby. I can play tonight if it will let us so what say we try to meet around 6 PM central time? if thats not a good time for you give me a time after that and Ill try to meet you.

Let's do it. Tonight is apparently the deadline and I'd rather not net both of us a tie because of EA's SHITTY, DOGSHIT, SHIT website. Sega has their shit more together than fucking EA.

6 central sounds good dude. I'll be on AIM.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Well...the site updated without a hitch, like I thought it would. But it gave Slo and I ties in the game we played. Not sure if EA will correct this, but seems everything else is fine.

DMczaf

Texans Steelers Steelers 34-31
Ravens Jaguars Jaguars 27-17
Patriots Colts -
Vikings Bears -
Buccaneers Forty-Niners Buccaneers 35-21
Giants Cowboys -

3 games that need to be played by 10:42pm PST. Come on, we dont want a bunch of ties.

Ramirez

I know the website wasn't updating,but you guys could look ahead of your schedule and you shoulda noticed most of us were still playing ;)

Mrbob

Ok drey we gotta get this done tonight.

Hopefully my cable connection holds out long enough. I'm having problems again. Ugh. Stupid ass charter can't fix shit. They assure me they will have this fixed for good Wednesday night! I need my cable connection to hold up for an hour like Schillings sutured ankle.

I won't be home for about another two hours though.

Slo

Maverick said:
Alright Slo, revenge game.

Can you play at 8:00 est?

No I can't play that early. Sorry. :( Can you play any later? How about 9:00 or 10:00 central?

Is this the last night?

Slo

I'm in the lobby right now, please post if tonight's not a good night.

Edit: Holy shit, we've only got 3.5 hours to get this in. I'll be waiting in the lobby until you arrive. :(

Drey1082

Mrbob said:
Ok drey we gotta get this done tonight.

Hopefully my cable connection holds out long enough. I'm having problems again. Ugh. Stupid ass charter can't fix shit. They assure me they will have this fixed for good Wednesday night! I need my cable connection to hold up for an hour like Schillings sutured ankle.

I won't be home for about another two hours though.

*edit, didn't read the other posts

Sorry, i've been playing san andreas all night and didn't check the boards :(

Slo

Ok, it's almost midnight here and I've got to work tommorrow, so I'm heading to bed. Looks like we're both going to get ties for this round. Tony Dungy's job is saved!

Drey1082

Yeah, that's my fault Mr. Bob. I thought we had till tomorrow and was busy playing GTA:SA and didnt' check the boards. I kinda have been relying on the website to tell me who and when I have to play. I work every day so have a limited window to do anything non-work related. I'll definitely remember that the website is crap, and from now on check the league lobby. Sorry.

Slo

:-O They screwed up the game between dskillztown and I. They gave us a tie when he won 27-10. dskillz, you got screwed buddy. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Whenever is good for you,I'm free all day today.

Slo

Tonight at about 10:00 would work best for me. I can try to be flexible if that doesn't work for you, or else we could do it tommorrow. Let me know.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Is that 10 eastern time tonight? Cause thats fine with me.

Slo

Matrix said:
Is that 10 eastern time tonight? Cause thats fine with me.

Central. I can try to do 9:00 central but I can't guarrentee that. My daughter doesn't usually go to bed until 9:30.

Matrix

I can make it at 10 central time,no problem.

yeah gg, but it sucked nuts!

1. why do i always get TD's returned on me after i drive all the way downfield? my guys are creampuffs!

2. that 2nd and inches where rat apparently decided not to hand off hurt. that was a first down and more, then on the next play i have to pass and it gets picked (dont know why rattay threw it to the middle when my tight end was on the right)

3. i couldn't buy an incompletion against culpepper. i did have the one pick, and could have had another (my own guy made sure i didn't catch it), but overall i couldn't get any pressure at all.

4. my guys couldn't protect for shit in the passing game. i only got sacked once, but i was hurried and hit nearly everytime i dropped back to pass, max protect or otherwise.

5. once you get down by doubledigits, and have to pass with the niners, you are dead because noodle legs-lloyd and conway can't get off bumps for shit, nor can they catch in traffic. eric johnson is a reliable target, but he has to put up with a chip from the DE AND a bump from the lb so i couldn't get him open.

6. i hate playing in domes, no fumbles it seems!

anyways i have to remember to play it safe and keep the score close so i can use my running game. rat played a great game minus a few throws here and there (which were my o-lines fault!)

Drey1082

Yeah, your 9ers just can't hang with the big boys!!

Honestly though, it was really close, and I thought I was done for a couple times. Luckly though, i would get a break that would kill your momentum, like a 40+ yard bennett run or an int. Those two defensive touchdowns killed you. My problem is that I usually play too safe when i'm ahead. I need to stick with my gameplan, which is what I did tonight and it worked.

Alright, the beginning of the season was a rough start, since I was shedding my "ESPN" legs, but now i've got my madden skills somewhat back and I'm ready to tear it up. I feel a little cheap using the vikings though, while you guys are using the 49ers and Bears. You guys have some major skill using those teams.

no way dude, no excuses. it still comes down to playcalling. i don't think i could overcome 2 defensive TD returns for TD's against me whether i'm the niners or colts or whoever, you just can't do that and expect to win

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Slo said:
:-O They screwed up the game between dskillztown and I. They gave us a tie when he won 27-10. dskillz, you got screwed buddy. :(

I know...if it comes down to that knocking me out of the playoffs, I will go burn down Tiburon Studios.

Fifty

Yes!! I'm playing against someone who is 7-0..My only weakness is pass D and I lose Ed Reed, the glue of my secondary in the first qtr. That's OK, he scored 31 on me, but I could have lived with that. Having to mount a 4th qtr comeback with this shitty team, and WITHOUT EVEN THE SHITTY-ASS KYLE BOLLER just left me shaking my head. Sure, you lost Big Ben, but Maddux>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kordell. Ugh, another game blown.

Ramirez

Ya gotta admit though,Boller made some passes that he only wishes he could make,lol!Turnovers were every where that game though :p I still cant run for shit against you,50 blown plays in the backfield :(

Matrix

Slo,I'll be in the lobby waiting in 15 mins.

Matrix

Ummmm Slo? :\

Slo

Charter just dropped all internet to my house for 10 minutes. I'm back, but I suspect I got a quit in our game. :( I'm VERY sorry. Wanna try now?

Matrix

Its cool,its shows that you're still my opponent,ill log back on and lets see if we can play.

Slo

Well, my connection problems fucked up our game. Hopefully Matrix will be given the win, I notice that my EA ranking has taken a hit so he probably will. We played a game for shits and giggles and he won 17-7. I almost got another TD at the end because he mercifully punted to me when he could have run out the clock. :D

Matrix

GG..btw just so we clear the air..I have no issues with you and just to let you know if you had blitzed more in the game we played earlier last week I never would have scored as much as I did...you need to take advantage of the fact that the Texans have a crappy O line and you really did this game.You got to my QB so much that my game was reduced to screens and some lucky passes to Andre.

You should also throw the ball further more,you gave me a scare at the end.Its hard as heck to run in this game so I would learn to play more out of the shotgun with the Colts and call some audibles every now and then and you really will start winning a lot,imo.

Slo

Thanks, you too. It looks like you were given the win on the league page, so everything worked out.

Yeah, I figured that I might need to press the ball downfield more. In the last few weeks I've intentionally reduced my offensive game to trying to just pick up first downs because I've had such problems doing so, and I've noticed that my opponents are crowding the line on me and playing shallow zones. I guess I'll need to make them respect the deep ball. I also must be running the same plays out of the same formations some times, because I noted two or three occassions where you did some manual anti-money coverage on me and easily busted up some of my plays. I'll need to work on that....

Good job finding holes in my zones. I was calling a lot of zones that cover the flats and the middle of the field, and you started hitting passes to the sidelines pretty frequently. It was frustrating not being able to get my D off the field when I really needed to.

Top Bottom