• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

Slo

Hey dskillz, how's about you ditch the astros game and play some madden. You can always watch that baseball shit later. ;-)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Slo said:
Hey dskillz, how's about you ditch the astros game and play some madden. You can always watch that baseball shit later. ;-)

I am home now, but I guess you are asleep. So we HAVE to get this game in tomorrow.

Drey1082

Hey, question. Where did you find the QB ratings? I was looking at the website this morning and didn't see them anywhere.

Slo

Drey1082 said:
Where did you find completions? I see no where on the league page where it lists completions. Attempts, yes. Completions, no.

Yeah, While I do like Madden's gameplay better, i gotta give it up to those ESPN leagues. The features are awesome.

They mislabled completions as yards.

Fifty

The stats are a joke. Sometimes they never update, sometimes there are glitches. But it's all about the game, and this game plays like football.

hgplayer1

I gotta admit I was really disappointed with the stats that are given on the league web pages. I had been hearing for so long how realistic and complete Maddens stats were and I was hoping they would carry over into the leagues but I dont even bother looking anymore.

call it luck, bad luck, bad play, or good play, but i just can't beat DM in league play! here are the keys:

1. brian griese tears me to pieces. QB hit completion? sure. Throwing directly to my defenders and want a catch? No problem. How about if the ball hits my DB's on the hands? No.

2. Timely int's/fumble recoveries for DM. I was driving late, hit cedric wilson deep, and he gets tackled and fumbles, and the ball is rolling... rolling... rolling to the sideline, so close to touching out of bounds... but nope, it just stops RIGHT BEFORE the chalk! god damn!

3. tim brown... tim FUCKING brown... burns my D for an 80+ yard TD! nooooooo

4. on 3rd and 16, dm throws a 5 yard pass to alstott, and my LB does this weird animation and alstott catches it and then scores.

5. 8 drops never helps

i had no problems moving the ball. 400+ yards. my problem is i gave up 14 points on turnovers. it was raining like a mo fo too, surprised there weren't more fumbles.

anyways it would be pretty easy to say well i lost because of drops or this or that, but much like my ownage of bob, there comes a point where it isn't luck and you have to take care of business. my cronies will strike you down DM, this much i do know!

Slo

I know you guys are pretty tied up with ESPN leagues and whatnot, but if anyone would like to play a non-league game or two some night I'd be up for it.

dskillzhtown

Slo said:
I know you guys are pretty tied up with ESPN leagues and whatnot, but if anyone would like to play a non-league game or two some night I'd be up for it.

I am down with that. I can play whenever.

Slo

WTF!?! The game between dskillztown and myself is not showing up on the league page. We played last night at 9:00 PM Central and it's STILL not up? FUCK!

Fifty

Hmmm, I wish I knew what to say about that. :(

D, I'm going out now.....I can play on sunday night, monday doesn't work well.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
Matrix,we play this week,Im good to go today if your around.

I can play anytime past 9 pm eastern time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Tomorrow night.

Ramirez

GG,you still play me way to close considering you have no fuckin running game to speak of.My DBs should not be fooled when they see the pass a 100 times a game =(

You run too many outside posts for my liking,given enough amount of time those are open almost every time from what I've seen.But anyways,I just wanna know when the Texans got one of the best offensive lines and defensive lines in the league? -_-

Matrix

Gg,yea and I still cant get over your luck somtimes....Third down and like 10 and I sack your QB who always just manages to get the ball off in time and your wr catchs it right before it hits the ground...that happened like 3 times in that game >_< :(

Texans are not that much more rated below the Steelers in the game,atleast I dont think so :\ Friggin Fifty's Ravens D manages to stop my air attack...I really dont think it has anything to do with your team or my team...I really always look for the open man who has single coverage on him....sometimes it works and other times im picked off 5 times a game :(

We would still be playing if I didnt miss that stupid 50 yard fg...anyway GG.

PS- I wish I had a running game.

it's always funny to read these threads and see the passive aggressiveness and the little shots people take at each other while still trying to be civil. lol

p.s. incase anyone didn't notice, not only has the league webpage "not advanced" (it was still on "league will advance on 10/22 @ 10:42 pm" earlier today), now the league doesn't appear to exist at all! i <3 you EA... i love your sweet sweetness

Fifty

The site is up.....But it shows Slo's game as having not been completed, and you guys have played week 7 matches already. I guess Ramirez is 7-0 now...... I'll have to win the wildcard.

I'll be home at 8 EST tomorrow Dskillz.

http://www.easports.com/games/madden2005/onlineplay/leagues/leaguehome.jsp?leagueid=127184

My DBs should not be fooled when they see the pass a 100 times a game =(

They'll never do it, but I wished they had a way for you to tell your players that a pass is going to come...therefore raising their pass awareness by maybe 5 points, and lowering their run d. In real life, if someone is passing on every down, the DBs are most likely going to get better at covering the pass as the game goes on, since they know it's coming. I really wish they'd integrate that. You could do it for run D as well. It's a risk, but surely EA could manage this feature.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it's always funny to read these threads and see the passive aggressiveness and the little shots people take at each other while still trying to be civil. lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyways it would be pretty easy to say well i lost because of drops or this or that, but much like my ownage of bob, there comes a point where it isn't luck and you have to take care of business. my cronies will strike you down DM, this much i do know!

What?

I appreciate that. :p

dskillzhtown

Slo said:
WTF!?! The game between dskillztown and myself is not showing up on the league page. We played last night at 9:00 PM Central and it's STILL not up? FUCK!

that is f'n weird as my stats got posted to the site, but the win didn't get there. I know that our league was not accessible after we played our game. Hopefully it didn't get lost in cyber space.

edit- the round hasn't even passed on the site, so I am thinking the game will get registered tomorrow.

Fifty

Ramirez said:
You knew this as soon as you were put in my division :D

I created the divisions. :( :( :( Then again, not putting the Ravens and the Steelers together when we were trying to keep real life teams together would have been foolish.

Slo

Well shit guys, I'm still not seeing any updates to the web page. I'm hoping it isn't perma fucked up. :(

Mav, when would you like ot play?

Fifty

I didn't have any excuses against you, Dskillz, for most of the game. You called plays really really aggressively, and converted most of your third downs, I didn't. It's funny....Last time I played you I won on my final drive. This time I have a chance to do just that and twice my recievers drop passes. I'd say I lost the game fair and square, because there are many plays that can change the course of a game, it's just frustrating that when you call a play that works, and he's open....he drops the ball. I guess that's what you get when you're a Ravens fan.

dskillzhtown

Fifty said:
I didn't have any excuses against you, Dskillz, for most of the game. You called plays really really aggressively, and converted most of your third downs, I didn't. It's funny....Last time I played you I won on my final drive. This time I have a chance to do just that and twice my recievers drop passes. I'd say I lost the game fair and square, because there are many plays that can change the course of a game, it's just frustrating that when you call a play that works, and he's open....he drops the ball. I guess that's what you get when you're a Ravens fan.

Yeah, I had that in mind on my first drive, that is why I went for the TD on 4th. I figured, I better score score score so that doesn't happen again. But as you remember, I came up with nothing instead. That was a fun game. I just felt like the only way I was going to win was to be aggressive and Jamal off the field.

Mrbob

Drey my man when do you want to play?

Perhaps we can squeeze it in later tonight but I'm getting San Andreas so I'll want to play that!

Drey1082

Mrbob said:
Drey my man when do you want to play?

Perhaps we can squeeze it in later tonight but I'm getting San Andreas so I'll want to play that!

I'm in the same situation. Picking it up at 6pm. :D I can play tonight or tomorrow night. Like stated earlier though, the league website looks kinda frozen. Not sure if we can play.

dskillzhtown

Drey1082 said:
I'm in the same situation. Picking it up at 6pm. :D I can play tonight or tomorrow night. Like stated earlier though, the league website looks kinda frozen. Not sure if we can play.

If it is anything like that EA Fantasy Football site, everything is being saved, just hasn't been uploaded to the website and one day magically all of it will come up at once. Like I said in another thread, the EA web team really needs to be upgraded or replaced completely.

Top Bottom