• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 2005: A Sega Fanboy's Impressions

DMczaf

http://cube.ign.com/articles/532/532059p1.html

Outside of the game, the Dynasty Mode improves greatly on what was already a fantastic mode last year. Storyline Central may just be the greatest thing to ever happen to a franchise mode. Radio broadcasts go well beyond the hopes of some weekly newspaper spread (which Madden also has). Interviews with the real stars bring it home. The team game is stressed, but Madden knows that teams are made of individuals -- so while team morale exists, so do individual desires and personalities. Team chemistry and the needs of each player must be balanced, while still trying to turn a profit. It's complex, it's deep, it's great.

I'm very impressed with what Madden is bringing to the table this year. Quite honestly, when I first saw the game, I thought this was one of those "light update" years, but after playing a bunch of games, I've realized I'm wrong. I don't know that any Madden game has taken such a drastic turn from offensive to defensive focus. The game feels more realistic, but also maintains it's action roots. I can't imagine not playing Madden this year. But, honestly, I can't imagine not playing NFL 2K5 this year. They are both fantastic. Perhaps the most evenly-matched ever. It's really a matter of taste, and I can't make up my mind which I prefer. Don't fret Madden fans, you are in for a treat this season.

Another EA money hat :(

Fifty

I love Madden's action-roots. They're much better than his nappy-roots.

sq-nappy-wessyde-xcl-gd.jpg

Mrbob

Uhhh Hilary normally handles IGNXBOX related material fool. :p

This is probably just cut and paste from his xbox article.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Uhhh Hilary normally handles IGNXBOX related material fool. :p

This is probably just cut and paste from his xbox article.

Yeah, but this where I saw it first :(

...DMczaf on Cube IGN?! Ahhhhhhh!

Cloudy

Banned
The depth of Madden 2005 sounds intriguing. Team morale?

I wonder if IGN can also tell us about the depth of EA's asshole lol

ESPN is clearly the better game. Don't wuss out now with a "tie" :rolleyes

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
I wonder if IGN can also tell us about the depth of EA's asshole lol

ESPN is clearly the better game. Don't wuss out now with a "tie" :rolleyes

Wow...

It's like you go out of your way to make all ESPN fans look like assholes :p

Cerebral Palsy said:
*yawn* Franchise mode is for sissies.

And that makes no sense at all.

swoon

yea. i pretty much buy my sports games based on which has the best dynasty mode. and madden always wins.

that said i'll be most likey be picking up espn for 16 dollars this weekend. but i'll for sure be getting madden.

Cerebral Palsy said:
*yawn* Franchise mode is for sissies.

It's for people who know how to manage a franchise from top to bottom. Working within a salary cap, while considering building a new stadium, drafting great picks, free agency, and improving players through training camp and preseason. I'm in franchise year 9 and it's really improved my game, considering I play all parts of the field now on defense.

Don't blame EA cause your Chiefs are garbage the following year, it's just fact. You should be happy that Priest Holmes is an awesome back in the game, too bad the secondary is true to form, haha.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
CVXFREAK said:
The depth of Madden 2005 sounds intriguing. Team morale?

Without getting into stuff I can't talk about outside of #ga, I have been told that all EASports developers have been challenged to think outside of the box this season and make all the games not just updates to last year's games, but make them new experiences. NCAA is an example. While many are hating it, some love it. And Madden, Live, MVP are supposed to challenge the norm. So I am very much looking forward to Madden this year.

Nameless

Visually, Madden has perhaps the best football animations I've ever witnessed. Maybe not top to bottom, through every aspect of gameplay, but tackle and run animations look so smooth, it does in fact seem like there are actual players on the field and not just virtual representations. Up close, the jerseys aren't ultra-detailed, the lighting isn't as realistic as could be, but those animations, they are a thing of beauty.

An Admitted Sega Fanboy can admit this, why can't the ESPN fans around here?

Top Bottom