• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 360/ps4 Franchise Interest Thread: Still not better than 2k5 tho!

i know we already have our off-season madden thread but i dont want to disturb the talk of DOTA and.... dota. with madden being 1 month away i want to see what we are working with. i'm not ASSUMING anyone is in for anything until i hear it from them because of the new systems and some people letting their xbl gold accounts go in the middle and whatever else.

i would prefer to do the entire league on 360 from the beginning but i know that might be unrealistic to expect.... mainly because of the streaming feature on ps4 and how could we resist that? not sure how we will deal with the transfer over if it happens but we will figure something out.

so if you are interested, here are the options as I see them now:

1. i only want to play in the 360 league. no interest of switching over to a ps4 league in november

2. i'll play the one season on 360, then switch over to the ps4 league. i don't care about lost stats from 1 season!

3. i want to play in a 360 league AND a ps4 league! we can start on 360 and continue that league for as long as it will go and concurrently run the ps4 league!

this isn't a team selection thread or whatever, just to see who is in and how many people we have. personally any of the 3 options would work for me but i know not everyone would be interested in that and i'd like to keep the league together from the beginning!
------

360 League:

1. FMT
2. CB
3. Luke
4. Nightz
5. BigAT
6. Mastershake*
7. Eznark
8. Crow
9. Mcneily
10. Livewire
11. Cola
12. Levious
13. Birdles
14. soka
15. GCQ
16. Pheeniks
17. splat
18. ramirez
19. bob
20. az
21. rinse
22. ricka
23. lonestar
24. rors*
25. trasher
26. dm (lololollllllllllllll)
27. drizzler
28. LJ11
29. zep*
30. bluemax
31. whoa
32. sanjuro
33. Ferny
34. Wellington
35. Smokey

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
3 is probably the best option. I wouldnt even wanna play a 360 league if it were only to last a season

i know we already have our off-season madden thread but i dont want to disturb the talk of DOTA and.... dota.

good idea, brah

I vote #2... I'd love to switch to PS4 asap. The league will be so much better with all the sharing and spectating features. If PS4 launches too late though, #3 is probably the best.

Mrbob

This isn't Dota?

Right now I'd say 2 but I'm not certain how the PS4 version will turn out. Still feel burned from initial 360 Madden. Plus we don't know the release date of the PS4. Will have a better idea after Gamescom.

BigAT

1 for me.

I'm not getting a PS4 at launch, plus I think you guys are really going overboard with the confidence you're putting in EA to deliver a great Madden franchise mode on the first iteration on a new console. It's not a complete impossibility, but I don't know if they deserve the benefit of the doubt given past results.

TheCrow

0tPtSPO.jpg

Hey guys, we should steal this thread for doto as well. You know, just incase!

I only need 1 more card to complete my player cards. Some dude named Silent.

Option 3 for me. If we start a 360 league I don't want it abandoned at all; I'm with AT, I don't trust the first PS4 version of this game to not be riddled with a bunch of horrible shit.

my feeling on it is the 360 version will be the main league and will continue until we get tired of madden. the only way this doesn't happen is if so many people defect that we can't have any semblance of a full league.

with that said, i'm not anti-ps4 league but i just feel its best to finish out one last year on 360 where we have a nice full league. if we have enough for 2 full leagues running concurrently then thumbs up!

my feeling on it is the 360 version will be the main league and will continue until we get tired of madden. the only way this doesn't happen is if so many people defect that we can't have any semblance of a full league.

with that said, i'm not anti-ps4 league but i just feel its best to finish out one last year on 360 where we have a nice full league. if we have enough for 2 full leagues running concurrently then thumbs up!

As long as you run both leagues. We should be able to run a concurrent PS4 league with well over 20 people no problem.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Have we seen anything from the next gen versions?

Im usually more optimistic towards EA (which is completely unearned by them), but even im skeptical about their next gen effort. Something is gonna be broken.

On the bright side, ratings should be hitting soon, right? And preseason starts next weekend. Fucking football, man. The Summer wasteland is over. Get that baseball shit outta here.

Have we seen anything from the next gen versions?

Im usually more optimistic towards EA (which is completely unearned by them), but even im skeptical about their next gen effort. Something is gonna be broken.

On the bright side, ratings should be hitting soon, right? And preseason starts next weekend. Fucking football, man. The Summer wasteland is over. Get that baseball shit outta here.

Splat played it and had some positive stuff to say about it

Striker

I'm with BigAT concerning buying a PS4 at launch. I will probably be picking it up in spring next year or something when more games are out or at the very least I have a good idea what I want. The streaming features for the next console sounds great, too. The initial Madden launch shouldn't be nearly as bad as it was for the Xbox 360, but I probably won't jump in on a league until next year's game.

There's games like Saints Row IV and GTA V to hold me over I suppose!

Ramirez

I'm down for 2 or 3, but it looks like a lot of people aren't picking up the PS4 at launch, so maybe we should just go 360 only this year.

eznark

Banned
I'll probably drop out of the 360 league as soon as the PS4 league is up. Not sure why I'd want to be in two leagues that take away from Dota.

Mrbob

PS4/XB1 versions are at feature parity with current gen, last I read. The biggest problem with the next gen versions at E3 is that they didn't seem like a big jump over current gen. Hopefully the streaming/gameplay saving is cool enough to make a big difference.

I'll probably drop out of the 360 league as soon as the PS4 league is up. Not sure why I'd want to be in two leagues that take away from Dota.

Lol, this will probably be the most fractured Madden league in the last decade. Have people switching from 360/PS4, those who don't want to play in two leagues at once( me included ), and Doto waiting in the wings to steal time away.

Trasher

I honestly don't care all too much. I'll be down for whatever ends up happening most likely though. I guess I would lean to 360 for the whole thing so people have some time to get the new systems by next year. I'm in no rush to buy a system at launch. Not sure if I like the idea of starting over after one season either.

Ramirez

Honestly, if we're not gonna have a full PS4 league, I'll prolly just get a PS4 next year and save myself some funds for this Christmas.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If there's an unlisted option of PS4 only, unless absolutely necessary to waste money on a 360 version, I guess that's where I'm at.

Top Bottom